House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

indirectapproach

Should The Board Of The Fa Be Considering Their Position?

After the way England qualified for these finals, much better than usual, I've still got quite a lot of time for Capello.

And despite being gutted by the failure on the pitch I do appreciate that the workload of the players is considerably greater than many of their opponents.

OK, the players have it incredibly soft by comparison with everybody else but everybody else doesn't have to perform at their level.

There are deep structural issues in the English game that hinder our success at the highest national level.

As this falls within the remit of the board of the FA, why aren't we shooting at them?

The men in the grey suits have been living high on the hog in the long grass for too long.

Is it as if the board of the FA is inviolable?

Why?

They are failing us.

I say lets chop at least a few of the ringleaders, pour encourager les autres as well as the fun of it.

What harm could it do?

the FA needs a massive restructuring - isn't it run by Captain Mainwaring characters fresh from chairing mediocre clubs around the country?

the fact that the English team had not been allowed to train with the world cup ball because it is an adidas ball and England is sponsored by Nike, for example - I mean, this is lack of leadership, if the board of the FA had the balls they would arrange to use the world cup ball irrespective of this. But being - probably - unimaginitive old f*rts, it is unlikely they have the leadership and chutzpah to achieve this

sacking Capelo would be projecting their weaknesses onto him - they just love spending that premiership dosh...

Guest theboltonfury

the FA needs a massive restructuring - isn't it run by Captain Mainwaring characters fresh from chairing mediocre clubs around the country?

the fact that the English team had not been allowed to train with the world cup ball because it is an adidas ball and England is sponsored by Nike, for example - I mean, this is lack of leadership, if the board of the FA had the balls they would arrange to use the world cup ball irrespective of this. But being - probably - unimaginitive old f*rts, it is unlikely they have the leadership and chutzpah to achieve this

sacking Capelo would be projecting their weaknesses onto him - they just love spending that premiership dosh...

I'm not even sure if he's still alive, but I blame Sir Bert Millichip.

After the way England qualified for these finals, much better than usual, I've still got quite a lot of time for Capello.

And despite being gutted by the failure on the pitch I do appreciate that the workload of the players is considerably greater than many of their opponents.

OK, the players have it incredibly soft by comparison with everybody else but everybody else doesn't have to perform at their level.

There are deep structural issues in the English game that hinder our success at the highest national level.

As this falls within the remit of the board of the FA, why aren't we shooting at them?

The men in the grey suits have been living high on the hog in the long grass for too long.

Is it as if the board of the FA is inviolable?

Why?

They are failing us.

I say lets chop at least a few of the ringleaders, pour encourager les autres as well as the fun of it.

What harm could it do?

Any evidence that our players do play more games? A critical reason we failed was that the national team don't play together enough.

Compare the size of the Premiership with the Bundesliga and allow for our two cup competitions compared to their one.

As for the other main nations, the idiots guide is your friend, so dyor.

I think my statement is pretty accurate.

Capello got the tournament game plan wrong. I'm surprised he didn't research what was needed more.

Boredom is a killer in a squad especially if it's run like a prison camp.

4-4-2 got us there but it wasn't going to win the tournment especially as he didn't take any real left hand side midfielders. You can't player English players out of position as they lack the technical skills to do it.

We needed to play a different system and be more fluid.

There are big problems in the game, one is the fact none of our players play abroad. They need to get themselves a football education but they aren't big enough players to do it far too comfy picking up easy money and not really have to prove themselves. In fact I can't think of one English player that has every really made an impact playing in Spain, Italy, Germany etc...

No one wants our players and no one wants our managers.

Dave Richards, this man is now in charge of Capello's destiny and in football terms and financial terms the man is a complete failure. Sheffield Wednesday collapsed under his leadership and several of his businesses have failed, yet somehow he's proved he's capable of making decisions on English football!!!!

The whole FA board should resign, but that won't happen.

It's time for govt intervention in the game and ensure 25% of all revenue is invested in training the kids. The production lines at Liverpool/Man U have just stopped.

Hardly anyone now moves from League 1 or the Championship into the Prem League, it's always foreign players coming in. But hey at least the Prem League product is good.

The govt should also make it a maximum of 4 foreign players on the pitch for any one club.

For a few years our big clubs won't do anything in Europe but it would change eventually.

We need to hire in Brazilian, German and Dutch coaches to teach our kids how to play the bloody game.

Any evidence that our players do play more games? A critical reason we failed was that the national team don't play together enough.

I think it was on the BBC this afternoon several players in the German squad played more games than Terry, Lampard, Gerrard etc... Total crap spouted by our national game once more.

The problem is how we play, if your not running around like a headless chicken and giving 200% your simply not trying.

We can get in to issues of number of games played and intensity of games played if you like.

I don't think the [layers are useless. If others do, well maybe you have a point.

But my point is the fans are gonna keep getting grief until they dish some out to the FA.

In fact I can't think of one English player that has every really made an impact playing in Spain, Italy, Germany etc...

No one wants our players and no one wants our managers.

Gascoigne and Platt had successfule times in Italy. Platt won the UEFA Cup with Juventus in 1993 and the Coppa Italia (Italian Cup) with Sampdoria in 1994 under Sven-Göran Eriksson.

Roy Hodgson from wiki:

Hodgson is probably best known for guiding the Swiss national team to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup and qualification for Euro 1996; Switzerland had not qualified for a major tournament since the 1960s. He has also coached many notable club sides, including Malmö FF, Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, and Udinese.

Granted it's quite rare but there's so much money sloshing around the Premier League that no-one needs to go abroad. Averag players get paid ludicrous amounts in England.