House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Any Experience Of The After Life?

Anyone ever had any experience of the after life? I suppose I'm talking about ghosts. Or perhaps contact with lost relatives and friends. I've experienced .....err absolutely nothing. I bring this is up as members of my family in the past. Indeed in one house my family regularly joked about the resident "ghost." (I'd say was more poltergeist activity than a ghost). But I'm starting to wonder if they were...just deluded, or bonkers or some kind of mass hysteria? Serious discussion (if possible) with real "experiences" even if you have doubts that were in fact "paranormal."

Sometime in the 1960s or 1970s one of my family members died. They held a wake and locked up the house with the body inside while they all went for a walk.

They returned sometime later and the body was gone...

They went upstairs and found a wall had been smashed in and the corpse was clutching a box.

Inside the box was the family life savings the father had hidden away.

Guest X-QUORK

I don't believe any of that garbage, but when I was younger and more easily influenced I nearly fell for it when someone who claimed to be clairvoyant had mentioned a recently killed friend's brother. Of course, it was just one of those "I'm getting the name Tom...no...ok then...Thomas?".

Sometime in the 1960s or 1970s one of my family members died. They held a wake and locked up the house with the body inside while they all went for a walk.

They went upstairs and found a wall had been smashed in and the corpse was clutching a box.

Do you have direct experience of this strange event though. Because I'm starting to realise that family tales or just that. Tales. Possibly an element of wish full thinking involved,in the sense that we "go on...." Also people like to recite these story's almost as a ritual so they get passed down.

I think ghosts are BS. Think how many people have died in history? Billions. And that doesn't include non-human life forms.

And yet a handful make it back. And yet not one single convincing TV footage, let alone anything else.

BOOOLCRAAAP

i have witnessed a 'ghost sh1t'. a turd so ghoulish nobody will admit to laying in the u bend.

which wont flush and so comes back to haunt. sometimes in small bits.

i have witnessed a 'ghost sh1t'. a turd so ghoulish nobody will admit to laying in the u bend.

which wont flush and so comes back to haunt. sometimes in small bits.

I thought a ghost shit was the one you do and you look down before flushing and....it disappeared????? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Had this once or twice myself.

Anyone ever had any experience of the after life? I suppose I'm talking about ghosts. Or perhaps contact with lost relatives and friends. I've experienced .....err absolutely nothing. I bring this is up as members of my family in the past. Indeed in one house my family regularly joked about the resident "ghost." (I'd say was more poltergeist activity than a ghost). But I'm starting to wonder if they were...just deluded, or bonkers or some kind of mass hysteria? Serious discussion (if possible) with real "experiences" even if you have doubts that were in fact "paranormal."

An intersting question, but a waste of time asking. The present system is so steeped in Evidence based pratice and the Medical model any reference to side of our lives is simply ridiculed on sight (excuse the pun) The only data collected on this subject is either anecdotal or at best case history. Any phootgraphs or recordings are deemed as fakes or tampered with even biased by expectation. Much any perception of the unseen world is unjustifiedly lnked with mental health or alcohol induced disturbances. This is the result of brain washing by the empericalist and modern medical attitudes. Exasperatingly, this phenomen is mainly by personal experience. If like me it happens to you it changes your way of thinking, thats why some people get so het up about it.

Guest happy?

I don't believe any of that garbage, but when I was younger and more easily influenced I nearly fell for it when someone who claimed to be clairvoyant had mentioned a recently killed friend's brother. Of course, it was just one of those "I'm getting the name Tom...no...ok then...Thomas?".

Cold reading.

Addressing burly bloke in back row:

It was someone close to you wasn't it?

A friend perhaps maybe even a relative? [getting nowhere with burly bloke]

I'm hearing the name Jjh Josh, Joanna, Jo, Jonny,

Geraldine! (prompted by woman in the third row).

That's right love Geraldine. And she was close to you [now focussing on daft bint in row 3]

You've lost her recently. [blank look from daft bint]

You lost her a while ago but you still think about her often [seeking confirmation from daft bint who nods her head]. As you were very close.

She's got a message for you. It's about your mother, no aunt, friend, pet goldfish, rubber duck in bath.

She says not to worry about the goldfish as everything is going to be all right.

She says the op will be a success, and no-one thinks lesser of you for being a Lezzer.

Woke up in the middle of the night once to see a ghost emerging from the shadows of a corner of the room.

I kid you not.

I watched it thinking I was dreaming until my bed companion woke up and said,

"What the hell's wrong with you. You look like a shyte scared rabbit, like you've seen a ghost."

As she woke up the image vanished. There was no sense of threat at all. More a sense of curiosity and a desire to be satisfied the young lady, in whose bed I was, was alright, which she was.

I laughed this off as a dream, which it may well have been, or more likely still an alcohol induced disturbance.

Guest happy?

Woke up in the middle of the night once to see a ghost emerging from the shadows of a corner of the room.

I kid you not.

"What the hell's wrong with you. You look like a shyte scared rabbit, like you've seen a ghost."

As she woke up the image vanished. There was no sense of threat at all. More a sense of curiosity and a desire to be satisfied the young lady, in whose bed I was, was alright, which she was.

I laughed this off as a dream, which it may well have been, or more likely still an alcohol induced disturbance.

I once went to an agricultural show in Wales. It was all rather weird. Outside, brilliant sunshine, crowds of people, tannoy announcing best in breed for cattle that sort of thing.

As I went into this large marquee I became aware that it had gone very still and very quiet. And although there were lots of people really close by there was a moment when I felt rather cold and alone. I was overwhelmed by this unnatural smell and just as my eyes adjusted to the light I saw something dash from one of the pens out into the light outside.

I couldn't see it properly as it was moving into the sunshine I caught a glimpse - a small creature about three feet high with horns.

I can never be sure, but to this day I'm convinced I saw a goat.

Guest Noodle

I once went to an agricultural show in Wales. It was all rather weird. Outside, brilliant sunshine, crowds of people, tannoy announcing best in breed for cattle that sort of thing.

As I went into this large marquee I became aware that it had gone very still and very quiet. And although there were lots of people really close by there was a moment when I felt rather cold and alone. I was overwhelmed by this unnatural smell and just as my eyes adjusted to the light I saw something dash from one of the pens out into the light outside.

I couldn't see it properly as it was moving into the sunshine I caught a glimpse - a small creature about three feet high with horns.

I can never be sure, but to this day I'm convinced I saw a goat.

:lol::lol::lol:

I kid you not.

"What the hell's wrong with you.  You look like a shyte scared rabbit, like you've seen a ghost."

As she woke up the image vanished.   There was no sense of threat at all.   More a sense of curiosity and a desire to be satisfied the young lady, in whose bed I was, was alright, which she was.

As a child I regularly used to see a large grotesque man at the bottom of my bed,

I think ghosts are most probably a scam ? Why ? Because men are perverts. Simple as that. If ghosts really did exist - they would be regularly found in the female changing room of the local University hockey club.

Now this may sound like I am taking the pish but I am being semi serious. If I were a ghost and could just slip through walls it is the first place I would go. How many women have come across a ghost whilst naked in the shower. How many have come across a ghost whilst playing with themselves, or having sex with their bloke ?

I don't believe in ghost in any great amount - because ghosts would be perverts too, and would turn up in perverted circumstances. Unless everyone just keeps quiet about these events - they don't seem to happen very much.

I think ghosts are most probably a scam ? Why ? Because men are perverts. Simple as that. If ghosts really did exist - they would be regularly found in the female changing room of the local University hockey club.

Now this may sound like I am taking the pish but I am being semi serious. If I were a ghost and could just slip through walls it is the first place I would go. How many women have come across a ghost whilst naked in the shower. How many have come across a ghost whilst playing with themselves, or having sex with their bloke ?

I don't believe in ghost in any great amount - because ghosts would be perverts too, and would turn up in perverted circumstances. Unless everyone just keeps quiet about these events - they don't seem to happen very much.

My late father used to regularly converse with spirits and was apparently visited by departed relatives. When I questioned him about this, he claimed it was not easy for "them" to come back. It simply wasn't something they did. I didn't really understand what he was trying to say, except that it was something that "spirits" could/might do but wouldn't necessarily occur to them. My dad also explained that some spirits were confused and might not understand they were actually dead (death under horrific circumstances for example) He recounted how he encountered my cousin (killed in the 60's in a merchant shipping accident) and various others in a room and I pointed out that some of these other people he saw wouldn't have been dead. He said that didn't matter, given how our spirits seems to have an almost separate/distinct existence. Now you might think my father was a nutter, but apart from this was very level headed, and given the strange events that my family would recall, where they accepted a "spirit" almost as if it was a lodger (if scissors for example were dropped on the floor they would be picked up and placed on a table, or loaves of bread would fly across a room). My sister who was very young recalled talking to a man in this house where many of these weird events took place, of course this man was never found or even existed. Now this might have been a form of mass hysteria affecting certain members of my family (well others experienced "events" too) but a previous poster has stated, if "something" has happened to you, then its likely to completely change your perception of the matter. This is why I am looking for people with direct experiences, and have, like the last generation of my family grown, up with ghosts. Of course it could be just me that had a family of nutters, but it was very much a shared experience for them and seemed genuine enough at the time.

My late father used to regularly converse with spirits and was apparently visited by departed relatives. When I questioned him about this, he claimed it was not easy for "them" to come back. It simply wasn't something they did. I didn't really understand what he was trying to say, except that it was something that "spirits" could/might do but wouldn't necessarily occur to them. My dad also explained that some spirits were confused and might not understand they were actually dead (death under horrific circumstances for example) He recounted how he encountered my cousin (killed in the 60's in a merchant shipping accident) and various others in a room and I pointed out that some of these other people he saw wouldn't have been dead. He said that didn't matter, given how our spirits seems to have an almost separate/distinct existence. Now you might think my father was a nutter, but apart from this was very level headed, and given the strange events that my family would recall, where they accepted a "spirit" almost as if it was a lodger (if scissors for example were dropped on the floor they would be picked up and placed on a table, or loaves of bread would fly across a room). My sister who was very young recalled talking to a man in this house where many of these weird events took place, of course this man was never found or even existed. Now this might have been a form of mass hysteria affecting certain members of my family (well others experienced "events" too) but a previous poster has stated, if "something" has happened to you, then its likely to completely change your perception of the matter. This is why I am looking for people with direct experiences, and have, like the last generation of my family grown, up with ghosts. Of course it could be just me that had a family of nutters, but it was very much a shared experience for them and seemed genuine enough at the time.

I am not totally swayed one way or another. However is the lack of pervy related incidents not a little strange ? Especially as like you say - many may not even be aware they are 'gone'.

Heard that one before. Urban myth me thinks.

I am from a psychic family. I don't discus much on forums because it would be just opening myself up to ridicule. But, an explanation about a spirit not going over or stuck I was told is the fear of retribution that was instilled in people years by the Christian religion. If somebody felt guilty for a sin that they had commited they would not move because of the thought of going hell and needed to remedy this, as they are no longer carnate they cannot put the problem right. IIf a medium goes intervenes resistance is still shown because they continue to believe that the medium is all part of the same big fear and are under the influence of a demon.

I am also of the blief that ghost or such like able to freely travel between the two realms and come back for sentimental reason . Bulsh**t you may. As the american TV prog on the subject used to say "Explain it I cannot ... Prove it I cannot

Yeah ... but ... c'mon ...

It's all ****** ain't it?

All the empirical evidence so far says you have one life, then you die and rot in the ground ... end of.

Which quite frankly makes the entire state of the world deeply hilarious and deeply tragic.