House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spot

Extremes

I've noticed something rather odd round my way in recent weeks...

On the one hand i've never seen so many new or nearly new Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Ferraris & Lamborghinis on the road.

The other day I saw 3 Bentleys (one of which was a convertible) just in the space of a 10 minute drive to the shops.

Where have these people got the money from? This is all really expensive machinery...

But on the other hand I have never seen so many 'normal' cars on the road with the spare or space saver tyre on, which indicates to me either the roads are extremely bad and tyres are bursting very frequently or maybe people are finding money a bit tight and putting off getting a new tyre (so therefore there's more spares visible).

Anyone else noticed this and what does it mean?

Huge displays of wealth from some people and possibly other people are struggling?

Or am I just adding 2+2 and getting 5 ?

I've definitely noticed the spare wheel syndrome, and also a girl driving with a completely flat tyre. The money is most likely banker bonus money, or our money :angry: :angry:

I've noticed something rather odd round my way in recent weeks...

On the one hand i've never seen so many new or nearly new Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Ferraris & Lamborghinis on the road.

The other day I saw 3 Bentleys (one of which was a convertible) just in the space of a 10 minute drive to the shops.

Where have these people got the money from? This is all really expensive machinery...

A lease on a Ferrari etc is not much. Per month, I think we paid about £1600 each for a Ferrari 360 and an Audi R8.

Don't be fooled by the car. There's a whole lot of monthly liabilities going on.

I've not noticed the spare wheel thing but then again I've not been looking for it. I have noticed a lot of scrap heap cars on the road though and fools filling their tank up with five pounds of petrol.

I've definitely noticed the spare wheel syndrome, and also a girl driving with a completely flat tyre. The money is most likely banker bonus money, or our money :angry: :angry:

Yep, well I know two RBS workers who recently got new Audis as their company cars...

Potholes definately have alot to do with this, they are a nightmare where I am. There's even been holes appearing on the pavement which have had to be filled in. Now there are patches of soft tar on the pavement.

Yep, well I know two RBS workers who recently got new Audis as their company cars...

That's hardly anything to worry about. The lease of an Audi is often less than a Ford Focus.

I am always amazed at the number of "fires" in the local news papers...factories and houses...I've lived in houses most of my life and never managed to set fire to one.

( note: "I've lived in houses most of my life"...been camping a few times :lol: )

I mentioned my observations to a work collegue today and it turns out her bro-in-law has a wheels & tyre business and confirms what I suspected and apparently their tyre sales have dropped big time. Not only that but according to her there's some national database showing MOT failures and apparently the failure rate for tyres has gone ballistic, unfortunately there's no way of knowing if it's due to people being skint or the poor state of the roads.

That's hardly anything to worry about. The lease of an Audi is often less than a Ford Focus.

Last time I was in a VW garage, a chap was trying to decide between an A6 estate or passat estate - the audi was way cheaper - must be their business model??

Last time I was in a VW garage, a chap was trying to decide between an A6 estate or passat estate - the audi was way cheaper - must be their business model??

The Passat quite recently had a new model, the Audi is getting/has got one this year. If that was the back end of 2009 or early 2010 they were likely heavily discounting the old A6.

We got the older model A4 for Mrs MV in 2004 at a heavy discount just before the new one came out.