House Price Crash Forum

Best Lines In Films

K.O. Johnny

HOLA441
Guest tbatst2000

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Sums up my feelings about NuLab's approach to civil liberties quite nicely too.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Two of my faves come from the same film "Weird Science". Lisa: This is a nuclear missile! Chet: I didn't think it was a whale's dick, honey! Lisa: You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals. seriously what is wrong with this formatting....... can anyone help ?

HOLA443
Guest happy?

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

It's a movie which should be stored in every goldbug's TFH emergency ration kit.

HOLA444
Guest X-QUORK

I liked De Niro in Cape Fear:

Max Cady: I'm Virgil and I'm guidin' you through the gates of Hell. We are now in the Ninth Circle, the Circle of Traitors. Traitors to country! Traitors to fellow man! Traitors to GOD! You, sir, are charged with betrayin' the principles of all three! Quote for me the American Bar Association's Rules of Professional Conduct, Canon Seven.

Sam Bowden: "A lawyer should represent his client... ”

Max Cady: "Should ZEALOUSLY represent his client within the bounds of the law." I find you guilty, counselor! Guilty of betrayin' your fellow man! Guilty of betrayin' your country and abrogatin' your oath! Guilty of judgin' me and sellin' me out! With the power vested in me by the kingdom of God, I sentence you to the Ninth Circle of Hell! Now you will learn about loss! Loss of freedom! Loss of humanity! Now you and I will truly be the same.

HOLA445

Unforgiven - a defenceless Gene Hackman is about to get shot by Clint Eastwood:

Gene: "I don't deserve to die like this."

Clint: "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

The Quiet Man - John Wayne drags his disobedient wife, Maureen O'Hara, across a field on the way to dumping her back on his greedy in-laws. A crowd of excited locals is following, and an old woman comes up and offers Wayne a branch:

Old Woman: "Sir!... Sir!... Here's a good stick, to beat the lovely lady."

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest tbatst2000

It's a movie which should be stored in every goldbug's TFH emergency ration kit.

Er, why? Blazing Saddles is a great film but I can't see why it would appeal to TFH types in particular.

HOLA448

A couple from Woody Allen's 'Play It Again, Sam':

Allan: "I wonder if she actually had an orgasm in the two years we were married, or did she fake it that night?"

and,

Bogart: "I never saw a dame yet that didn't understand a good slap in the mouth or a slug from a .45."

oh and one more:

Bogart: "Now move closer to her."

Allan: "How close?"

Bogart: "The length of your lips."

Allan: "That's very close."

Fantastic film.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The good the bad and the ugly.

Right at the end of the film.

Clint "There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns and those that dig."

" You dig!"

Spiney

HOLA4413

These are speeches and should be in a film speech thread... and some of you should look at films older than 10 years...

Lines are just lines... not dialogues or monologues.

Truth, you can't handle the truth

is a line

This is Sparta

is a very short line

:P

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I have not see that 300 - bit of a chubby in it apparently.

300 is a very good epic action film, especially if you like looking at scantily clad men with 6 packs.

If you want historical accuracy or 1960's Cleopatra style of film, look elsewhere.

HOLA4416
Guest tbatst2000

300 is a very good epic action film, especially if you like looking at scantily clad men with 6 packs.

If you want historical accuracy or 1960's Cleopatra style of film, look elsewhere.

I saw it with the mrs who thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't think it was that great but I was happy enough to watch it.

HOLA4417
Guest happy?

Er, why? Blazing Saddles is a great film but I can't see why it would appeal to TFH types in particular.

Forgot it appeared in that.

It was a line from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (John Huston).

Bogart plays a bum who tries his luck as a gold prospector. He strikes lucky with his two comrades but goes paranoid-mad convinced that the two men are conspiring to rob him. When he was poor he was happy, when he becomes rich turns him against his fellow man.

The line is from a leader of bandits who pretend to be mounted police who rob the men - when challenged for their badges they respond with the line you quote and their guns.

Excellent movie with Huston's father Walter as co-star. Both Hustons got Oscars.

HOLA4418

Just looking at that 300 online - close-ups are all pecs and 6-packs but side shots seem to indicate wobbly chubbiness IMPO.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

"He'll live" - Terminator 2

"He looks too god damn good" - Dirty Harry

Just quite brilliant short sharp hilarious lines. Class.

Too many from Rambo to mention.

HOLA4423
Guest anorthosite

Apollo 13 has some good lines

Failure is not an option.

Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.

I don't care about what anything was designed to do, I care about what it can do.

We've got to find a way to make this, fit into the hole for this, using nothing but that (not much of a line in itself, but quite ridiculous & amazing in the film)

We just put Sir Isaac Newton in the driver's seat.

I'm not going to quote the obvious one as they got it slightly wrong.

HOLA4424

I can't believe the lack of Arnie lines on this topic (I should obviously spend more time on the "high brow" thread :P )

Running Man

Amber: I warn you I get sick. Car sick, air sick. And I'm going to throw up all over *you*.

Richards: Go for it. Won't show on this shirt...

Ben Richards: Killian, here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

Dynamo: Thought it was pretty funny out there in the zone? What's the matter now bitch, why aren't you laughing?

Amber: Because there's nothing funny about a dickless moron with a battery up his ass.

Commando

[Matrix has thrown a pipe through Bennett]

Matrix: Let off some steam, Bennett.

Matrix: [after killing a man in the plane] Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired.

I think Commando works so well because Bennett is so unbelievable as a hard-nut. I also like pointing Vernon Wells out to people when watching Mad Max 2.

I'll think of some serious lines later.

HOLA4425

I can't believe the lack of Arnie lines on this topic (I should obviously spend more time on the "high brow" thread :P )

Running Man

Amber: I warn you I get sick. Car sick, air sick. And I'm going to throw up all over *you*.

Richards: Go for it. Won't show on this shirt...

Ben Richards: Killian, here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

Dynamo: Thought it was pretty funny out there in the zone? What's the matter now bitch, why aren't you laughing?

Amber: Because there's nothing funny about a dickless moron with a battery up his ass.

Commando

[Matrix has thrown a pipe through Bennett]

Matrix: Let off some steam, Bennett.

Matrix: [after killing a man in the plane] Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired.

I think Commando works so well because Bennett is so unbelievable as a hard-nut. I also like pointing Vernon Wells out to people when watching Mad Max 2.

I'll think of some serious lines later.

I mentioned the great man !!

Another few from a film just on - Kindergarten Cop.

"Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

"You hit the kid - I hit you"

"I'm da party pooper"

Archived