House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K.O. Johnny

Best Lines In Films

there've been a lot of film threads, but I don't thinks this one's been done.

What are your favourite lines from a film

I do rather like the closing line from The Professionals - a great western with terrific cast

Ralph Bellamy to Lee Marvin "You b@stard"

Lee Marvin in typically gravelly voice to Ralph Bellamy "In my case an accident of birth, but you sir, you're a self-made man" and he rides off into the distance :D

Full Metal Jacket - opening scene. Also the best opening scene in a film ever.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:

"I bet you're the kind of guy that would ****** a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you."

"Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-******ing-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-****** you! ONE! TWO! THREE!"

Guest Steve Cook

there've been a lot of film threads, but I don't thinks this one's been done.

What are your favourite lines from a film

I do rather like the closing line from The Professionals - a great western with terrific cast

Ralph Bellamy to Lee Marvin "You b@stard"

Lee Marvin in typically gravelly voice to Ralph Bellamy "In my case an accident of birth, but you sir, you're a self-made man" and he rides off into the distance :D

I'm not sure if this is a movie quote but it has stayed with me for years....

Kill a man and you're a murderer

Kill many men and you're a conqueror

Kill them all and you're a god.

Full Metal Jacket - opening scene. Also the best opening scene in a film ever.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:

"I bet you're the kind of guy that would ****** a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you."

"Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-******ing-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-****** you! ONE! TWO! THREE!"

Yeah, good old Lee Ermey - he wasn't even acting

Guest X-QUORK

From Apocolypse Now (there are so many quotes from that superb film):

Capt Willard: Who's your Commanding Officer?

Stoned grunt: Ain't you?

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we don't need."

"You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you."

Fight Club, 1999

Guest UK Debt Slave

From The Outlaw Josey Wales

Clint - Are you a bounty hunter?

BH - Man's gotta make a livin' somehow these days

Clint - Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy

From one of the Dirty Harry movies

Clint - When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

A line should be a line and not a monologue/speech.

I can list you a 101 brilliant speeches from films - there is a website dedicated to it.

As for lines...

Indiana Jones: "Nazis! I hate these guys!"

Guest UK Debt Slave

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we don't need."

"You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you."

Fight Club, 1999

How very true

How very buddhist

Guest Steve Cook

Speech from "Team America"

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get f*cked by dicks. But dicks also f*ck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can f*ck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they f*ck too much or f*ck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us f*ck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Guest theboltonfury

'You're a big bloke, but you're out of shape. To me, it's a full time job'

Michael Caine - Get Carter.

Hallam Foe

One of the most original pickup lines in history:

“You are so beautiful, I want to suck the dick of the last guy who ******ed you..."

:blink:

Guest UK Debt Slave

'You're a big bloke, but you're out of shape. To me, it's a full time job'

Michael Caine - Get Carter.

Ah yes

And another favourite from Get Carter, the racetrack scene where Carter finds Eric

Carter - (menacingly removing Eric's sunglasses) Do you know , I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like.

They're still the same.............................pi$$ holes in the snow

Eric - Still got your sense of humour

:lol::lol::lol:

And:

Eric: So, what're you doing then? On your holidays?

Carter: No, I'm visiting relatives.

Eric: Oh, that's nice.

Carter: It would be... if they were still living.

Guest theboltonfury

Ah yes

And another favourite from Get Carter

Carter - (menacingly removing Eric's sunglasses) Do you know Eric, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like.

They're still the same.............................pi$$ holes in the snow

:lol::lol::lol:

There should be an entire thread dedicated to National Lampoon's Vacation alone.

'Ed, this is not the car I ordered. I ordered the Sportwagon with the CB radio and optional rally funpack'

Speech from "Team America"

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get f*cked by dicks. But dicks also f*ck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can f*ck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they f*ck too much or f*ck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us f*ck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Although technically it's still just one line from a film, I think that the idea of this thread was for something a little shorter :)

Guest Mrs Bradley

" Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"

Bette Davis in " All about Eve".

"Don't call me "son". I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy. And you're under arrest, you son of a bitch. "

Tom Cruise to Jack Nicholson in " a Few Good Men"

Bill Sampson:(Gary Merrill) We have to go to City Hall for the marriage license and blood test.

Margo Channing:(Bette Davis) I'd marry you if it turned out you had no blood at all.

All about Eve.

Next to" All about Eve", the film "Some Like it Hot" has the best comic lines, IMO.

"win? lose? what's the difference?"

Runaway Train (Andrei Konchalovsky, 1985)

If we ever have a most underrated film thread, that one is a surefire winner.

Guest happy?

Unintentionally hysterically funny:

Gone With the Wind - Scarlett O'Hara - digging carrots from the ground:

"...As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."

Not a single line sorry but it's probably my favourite quote from a film. Last lines of Goodnight and Good Luck when Edward Murrow is talking about television.

E. Murrow- To those who say people wouldn't look; they wouldn't be interested; they're too complacent, indifferent and insulated, I can only reply: There is, in one reporter's opinion, considerable evidence against that contention. But even if they are right, what have they got to lose? Because if they are right, and this instrument is good for nothing but to entertain, amuse and insulate, then the tube is flickering now and we will soon see that the whole struggle is lost. This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box. Good night, and good luck.

Guest happy?

I can't remember which Spaghetti Western it was but - 'One b4stard goes in another b4stard comes out'.

Well if we're talking Spaghetti:

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

Best line is at the end of this scene below from Midnight Run:

Mascone Bail Bonds.

It's Jack Walsh. Put Eddie on.

- It's Jack.

This better be good news because you got five hours left.

It's not. I'm calling to let you know that you're a dead motherf**cker.

Wait a minute.

You put Marvin on this case, you f**ckin' piece of shit.

You f**cking degenerate... You vermin!

- Are you f**ckin' done yet?

You slime ball in a sea of puss!

What?

You blew it, all right?

You had the guy four f**ckin' days.

Four days!

You could've walked him backwards

and not blown it, but you blew it.

Or this from Beverly Hills Cop:

Detective Rosewood: Wow. You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he's got five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels.

Sergeant Taggart: Why are you telling me this? What makes you think I have any interest in that at all?

Well if we're talking Spaghetti:

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

There are the best films ever made. Not sure where the mule line comes from but I think the b4stard ine is from The Good, The Bad and The Oogly. Another great line in there is 'be quiet, old hen'.