House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Very Hot Last Night

Didn't sleep too well last night, woke up in soaking sheets. It was incredibly humid in my part of the World. Anyone else have this in the UK last night?

Nah light sheets come out for summer, heh but you are describing HK each and everyday!

Didn't sleep too well last night, woke up in soaking sheets. It was incredibly humid in my part of the World. Anyone else have this in the UK last night?

Had the same in NL. Where are you?

Nah light sheets come out for summer, heh but you are describing HK each and everyday!

No aircon?

Wales - if anything it heated up in the evening here big time.

Drained this morning.

I was in North Wales last week, relatively cool all week didnt get above 22c in the day all week (when London was 28c), drove back to england on sat and it was 6c warmer in england! Nahh last night was ok in Worcester, cooler than the night before room thermometer said 24c inside this morning which is okish, I struggle to sleep when the room is above 26c.

Weather station in swansea says last night was similar temp to Sat night (low of 13c), had you been sunbathing over the weekend?

http://www.wundergro...&graphspan=week

swansea was alot cooler than London last night according to the weather stations. The welsh aren't used to warmer weather? we were almost freezing in north wales last week!

Guest X-QUORK

Wales - if anything it heated up in the evening here big time.

Drained this morning.

I drove from Aberystwyth to Warwick yesterday afternoon and the heat difference was almost 10 degs C. When we got home and opened the car doors it felt like the same sort of heat you feel when walking out of the jet door in Greece or some such hot country.

Wimp! :P

7 or 8 years ago out in the sub-tropics I decided to scrimp and save by not buying air con for the summer. Toughed it out for a couple of months before succumbing. It was 30c+ at midnight at street, god knows what it was in my flat on the 8th floor....

I am still sitting here today (in the UK) in shirt, tie and jacket. You lot don't know what real heat is!

I was in North Wales last week, relatively cool all week didnt get above 22c in the day all week (when London was 28c), drove back to england on sat and it was 6c warmer in england!  Nahh last night was ok in Worcester, cooler than the night before room thermometer said 24c inside this morning which is okish, I struggle to sleep when the room is above 26c.

Weather station in swansea says last night was cooler than Sat night:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IABERAVO1&day=28&year=2010&month=6&graphspan=week

Interesting - it certinaly was noticeably much hotter last night and just chatting with friends now they all say the same.

Perhaps the temps were not as high but the humidity was?

Interesting - it certinaly was noticeably much hotter last night and just chatting with friends now they all say the same.

Perhaps the temps were not as high but the humidity was?

I think this is it. Humidity lets you tolerate lower temperatures more easily.

I was sticky when I got into bed last night. Should probably have had a nice shower.

Guest X-QUORK

Yes, we know it's hot in Ting Tong Land Parry, but it's always bloody hot there. Try going from 17C to 30C in 24 hours and you'd feel it!

Guest Noodle

I think this is it. Humidity lets you tolerate lower temperatures more easily.

I was sticky when I got into bed last night. Should probably have had a nice shower.

It's called Heat Index.

Out here there is little point looking at the ambient temperature to judge how uncomfortable it will be. Need to add the effect of humidity, thus the heat index.

275950f0f3f7a67ad320b1af82cfd5a4.png

Isn't Wiki just great?

Guest Noodle

Yes, we know it's hot in Ting Tong Land Parry, but it's always bloody hot there. Try going from 17C to 30C in 24 hours and you'd feel it!

We do. It can go as low as 8C at night here, then straight up to 32C in the day.

It can get as low as 5C, at which point it's a regional emergency and people actually start dying.

Aussie Outback in summer, never felt anything like it, must have been nudging 50C in the shade and it was like being in an oven. I thought the same thing would happen to me as what happened to the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Toasty.

Guest X-QUORK

We do. It can go as low as 8C at night here, then straight up to 32C in the day.

It can get as low as 5C, at which point it's a regional emergency and people actually start dying.

That's not the climate for an Englishman Parry, get home.

Guest Noodle

That's not the climate for an Englishman Parry, get home.

I especially enjoy winter here. My flowers come into full bloom around those months and this year it will be quite stunning.

You do get used to the heat.

However, this year so far, total rainfall has been just 12". Should it not rain constantly soon, I fear a terrible crop failure.

I especially enjoy winter here. My flowers come into full bloom around those months and this year it will be quite stunning.

You do get used to the heat.

However, this year so far out total rainfall has been just 12". Should it not rain constantly soon, I fear a terrible crop failure.

Rainy season not started yet?

Guest Noodle

Rainy season not started yet?

Low rainfall for the past few (plus a bit) years, this is a dry year, very dry. It's overcast now, it was overcast with cathedral like cumulonimbus in the past week. Refuses to rain.

It was bad in 2006. The King ordered cloud seeding with silver iodide, but this of course had little effect.

It's a problem. The more groundwater that is pumped from deeper aquifers, the more saline the top soil is becoming, reducing plant yield.

Guest Noodle

Nah, he will be OK if he wears a big pith helmet and a sturdy woolen red tunic!

I found a pith helmet on ebay yesterday, whilst ordering new hard hats for site.

I found a pith helmet on ebay yesterday, whilst ordering new hard hats for site.

Are you working then, Mr P?

Some sort of virtual environmental consultant?

He secretly creates sink holes, like the crop circles, remember the Guatamala one Parry vanished off for a whole week when that happened.

China also had a huge number of them too when he went to Hong Kong.

Guest Noodle

It is an inevitable fact of life that, health dependent, I shall return to my native habitat of the regeneration site at some point in the future. Probably this year. :(

Had to stock up on site essentials. Got some high vis fleeces too, rather good and some riggers regarded as superior to Jallatte's, for half the price.

Such is life.