House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swissy_fit

Poll - Should Terry Ever Play For England Again?

For me, it's no.

1. He's slow.

2. His positioning is poor.

3. He's arrogant.

4. He's disruptive to the team unless he's the captain because of 3. and 5 and 6.

5. He thinks he should be the manager.

6. He sh*gs his team-mates women.

He's quite good at scoring headed goals, but this is only a useful secondary attribute for a central defender.

He was completely disinterested, his performance woeful.

After the shagging of his mates bird fiasco there was no way he should have been allowed in the squad too divisive, plus all the other stuff about flogging his box and the drug allegations against his father in the press.

Same with Ashley Cole he shouldn't have been taken either. You can't be concentrating on football when your in the middle of a high profile divorce.

Over pampered and over rated.

But hey the girlies will still throw themselves at them because of the wages not because they are talented people or have decent personalities, it's certainly not because they are winners.

He was completely disinterested, his performance woeful.

After the shagging of his mates bird fiasco there was no way he should have been allowed in the squad too divisive, plus all the other stuff about flogging his box and the drug allegations against his father in the press.

Same with Ashley Cole he shouldn't have been taken either. You can't be concentrating on football when your in the middle of a high profile divorce.

Over pampered and over rated.

But hey the girlies will still throw themselves at them because of the wages not because they are talented people or have decent personalities, it's certainly not because they are winners.

Ashley Cole may be a tosspot, but I thought he still looked the part as a player. Unlike all 3 of the other defenders yesterday.

For me, it's no.

1. He's slow.

2. His positioning is poor.

3. He's arrogant.

4. He's disruptive to the team unless he's the captain because of 3. and 5 and 6.

5. He thinks he should be the manager.

6. He sh*gs his team-mates women.

He's quite good at scoring headed goals, but this is only a useful secondary attribute for a central defender.

To be fair, if I had an 8 figure bank balance and couldn't step outside for totty throwing themselves at me, my job motivation would suffer.

Never understood why people think Terry is a good defender. Always seems leaden to me and, any forward with a bit of pace and skill can go round him like he isn't there.

When they get back to Heathrow, they go back to their real lives. Bentleys, mansions, chauffeurs, gardeners, women on tap, the best hotels - money no object - why would they put themselves out to win a football game for England? They ALL looked completely disinterested apart from David James.

What I really don't understand is the manager. You're about to go out of the World Cup, you desperately need goals, and you put a bloke on (Heskey) who couldn't score from the penalty spot if the goal keeper was blind-folded. Truly bizarre. Bloke hasn't scored an international goal since before the war.

What a list. Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Terry, Cole (A) - is this the best we have to offer? Rooney played like an old woman - in all the games. Why not take him off? Peter Crouch has been a reliable performer - stick him in an England shirt and he scores goals. Why not give him a run instead of sticking with a player who was either tired, out of form, ill or just disinterested (Rooney that is).

Watching them became progressively more embarrassing.

Do Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and Cole actually think they are world class players? If they do they need psychological treatment to help them deal with their delusions.

Can look forward now to watching some decent games with world class players without listening to the hype and nonsense surrounding England. When it comes to football, we are not even second division.

Guest X-QUORK

I'd bin Rooney first, the talentless prima donna tw@t that he is.

I'd bin Rooney first, the talentless prima donna tw@t that he is.

Agreed, if he had put as much effort into the World Cup as he does into his f*cking Nike adverts then the outcome might have been a bit different.

Do Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and Cole actually think they are world class players? If they do they need psychological treatment to help them deal with their delusions.

You can't blame them for it all. They are told day in day out by the media and the pundits that they are World class players. And while playing in a team with real quality players they can appear at that level. Get shown up when surrounded by similar players though.

You can't blame them for it all. They are told day in day out by the media and the pundits that they are World class players. And while playing in a team with real quality players they can appear at that level. Get shown up when surrounded by similar players though.

Yes, you're right. If someone paid me 100k a week, I'd probably start thinking I was good at my job!

Yes, you're right. If someone paid me 100k a week, I'd probably start thinking I was good at my job!

The media seem to delight in building them up then knocking them down.

I just wish the fans would turn away from the Premiership and its nutty wages. There is some great football in the Championship.

:lol::lol:

Do you actually watch the championship? It's utter garbage devoid of any real football. No one can pass the ball it's all hoof ball.

What we need is the for the FA to dictate to the teams how they play. Have a random formation selector alongside the fixture list and in that game the team has to play 4-4-1-1 or 3-3-1-3 or 5-3-2 or 4-2-3-1 etc...

Then our players might actually understand how to play football. It's a very simple game.

When I watch Match of the Day, followed by the Championship on a Saturday night, I often find the Championship games more interesting to watch. Okay, the players in the Premiership are, I guess, better players. But what I often see in the Premiership is 22 incredibly fit blokes set out in two teams of 11 who do their best to cancel each other out.

At least in the Championship you sit a bit more open play.

When I watch Match of the Day, followed by the Championship on a Saturday night, I often find the Championship games more interesting to watch. Okay, the players in the Premiership are, I guess, better players. But what I often see in the Premiership is 22 incredibly fit blokes set out in two teams of 11 who do their best to cancel each other out.

No it's complete garbage, they are unable to pass the ball or retain possession. I watch it every week and it's dire.

No it's complete garbage, they are unable to pass the ball or retain possession. I watch it every week and it's dire.

They should make admirable substitutes for the current England team then.

I'm afraid you are absolutely spot on.

A few half decent players, but lots and lots of absolutely dreadful football. Really dull.

They should make admirable substitutes for the current England team then.

They would be an improvement, some of them can run with pace and seem to chase down the ball. They do very little when they get it but being able to tackle the opposition may make it harder for the opposition to win.

I'm afraid you are absolutely spot on.

A few half decent players, but lots and lots of absolutely dreadful football. Really dull.

Are we talking about the EPL or the Championship here !!??

The very top of the EPL is class. Good football and good players. The middle and bottom can be pretty dire, with a lot of very average very overpaid players around.

They would be an improvement, some of them can run with pace and seem to chase down the ball. They do very little when they get it but being able to tackle the opposition may make it harder for the opposition to win.

Yes, we could opt for injuring the oppositions best players and hoping to escape censure.

Disgraceful as that may be, it would be no more shameful than what I saw yesterday. People paid >100k a week spending less energy on the game than I have seen in amateur hockey matches, and dropping their heads like whipped dogs when the game went against them.

Are we talking about the EPL or the Championship here !!??

The very top of the EPL is class. Good football and good players. The middle and bottom can be pretty dire, with a lot of very average very overpaid players around.

I was specifically talking about the Championship. It is worse - a LOT worse than the EPL. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of crap in the EPL, but that wasn't the point being made by the poster I responded to.

I was specifically talking about the Championship. It is worse - a LOT worse than the EPL. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of crap in the EPL, but that wasn't the point being made by the poster I responded to.

There is not a huge difference between the bottom of the EPL and the top of the Championship. Although I am sure the dross at the bottom of the Championship can be pretty bad.

You are lucky - I have the SPL to contend with !!

What a list. Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Terry, Cole (A) - is this the best we have to offer? Rooney played like an old woman - in all the games. Why not take him off? Peter Crouch has been a reliable performer - stick him in an England shirt and he scores goals. Why not give him a run instead of sticking with a player who was either tired, out of form, ill or just disinterested (Rooney that is).

Watching them became progressively more embarrassing.

Can look forward now to watching some decent games with world class players without listening to the hype and nonsense surrounding England. When it comes to football, we are not even second division.

+1

While I agree with the bit in bold, it ought not to be the case. England can and should be able to do better at these levels. Perhaps in retrospect less "famous" players might have produced better performances.

Daniel clearly doesn't agree with you, but you aren't alone and neither he nor IRRO have a monopoly on the truth.

The fact is football is entertainment. Tragedy has always been an important part of entertainment. IMHO, irrespective of the fact they won't admit it, most footie fans would simply hate to find themselves following a team that wins like Sampras. Footie fans love underdogs, they love the pathos, the struggle, the drama, the theatre. The sport is secondary. If it wasn't they'd be down the park playing it.

Guest theboltonfury

Ashley Cole may be a tosspot, but I thought he still looked the part as a player. Unlike all 3 of the other defenders yesterday.

Agree. Terry has the worst attitute and the least ability.

He was shocking. Allowing a goal from a goal kick? Not even in under 10s.