Semi-detached £196,506

Terrace £177,633

Flat £199,669

Annual change in house price

-2.8%

Quarterly change

+2.2%

Total number of sales: 138,487

IIRC LR data lags about 6 months which means the Spring Bounce came very early in the year. It will be interesting to see if the trend continues on the annual basis.

Also have to remember that LR data ignores forced sales and does not take into account the cost of recent improvements which can lead to very misleading data finding its way onto the registry.

Because of the sheer volume of people into "Buy to Let", including many journalists, we will only see falls reported when they are irrefutable. All the while a positive figure exists somewhere in the report it will be jumped upon and trumpeted from the hills ;).

Lewes

£212,367 -6.8% 1.0% 82

Lewes is my district Council (East Sussex near Brighton). Interesting that the data for "semis" confirms my belief that the average type of house around here has been dropping in price for some time. Quite a healthy drop too.

I don't understand this. The land registry HPI says an annual increase of 8.5%. How does that work then?

i've never really looked at it properly but i've always suspected that the BBC data is very seriously wrong in some way.

i've never really looked at it properly but i've always suspected that the BBC data is very seriously wrong in some way.

The BBC data is just a comparison of non-weighted, non-mix-adjusted average sold price with what it was last time. It's totally vulnerable to change sin the proportions of diffrent sized house being sold

I don't understand this. The land registry HPI says an annual increase of 8.5%. How does that work then?

Those total figures are rubbish.

All the regions are up.

The two biggest (SE & London) up 16% !!!

So howcome, overall it's down 2%??

I don't understand the colour-coding on their "% change map", have they annualised the previous quarter? If so they have Powys the same colour as Monmouthshire but one was more than double the other? Perhaps it is the past 12 months, and they have labelled the 60% wrong or it is not a linear scale :blink: