House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Dog's Help Line

The contributers to HPC have done everything to warn people about the the risks of hanging on to property for too long. The phrase 'too long' applies to people who should have sold 1-2 years ago. It includes those who foolishly bought for the wrong reasons, bought at the wrong time, bought at the wrong price or hung on in the vain hope of more profit.

For those of you who missed the boat but are now serious about selling, here is Dog's patented advice for selling your home.

(1) Get three valuations on your home. Take the mid value and halve it. Then subtract 20%. This will be your initial asking price.

(2) Keep abreast of market trends by reducing your price by 1% every week.

(3) Don't accept any offers above the asking price (they are bound to fall through). An offer of 20% below your asking price will be about right.

(4) If the purchaser drops his offer by a further 20% on the day of exchange, send him a bunch of flowers and a note saying yes.

Guest Coach

I would recommend that home-owners should sit it out and wait for the London Olympics to start in seven years time in 2012 in order to maximise their gain from the boost that house prices will get from the Olympics effect.

Home owners should not panic and should remember that whatever happens to property prices in the short term in the long term property prices always goes up.

I would recommend that home-owners should sit it out and wait for the London Olympics to start in seven years time in 2012 in order to maximise their gain from the boost that house prices will get from the Olympics effect.

Home owners should not panic and should remember that whatever happens to property prices in the short term in the long term property prices always goes up.

:lol: are you... are you a .... are you a bull?

Okay.. in 7 years time we are to have two weeks of major sporting events in London.

why exactly is this going to boost house prices higher and higher in the time up to then.

IT WILL COST US A FORTUNE..

they are building more houses as part of it..

I live in devon.. in 7 years poeple are going to rooun around a bit in london..

granted there will be a lot of building work.. but it always costs a country more than it makes and with our economy and rising costs do you want the country to loose more..?

home owners.. you were usefull to brown while you kept remortgaging to pump money into the economy..

now you have stopped that you are just burdens to the rest of us and of no use.. There are those out there who didn't see their house as a way into massive borrowing.. they were not lambs to the slaughter..

you were needed, you did what was required and spent the country out of recession.. now you are useless.. move aside.

People who work for their money.. :) it is our time now..

ITS STILL DEBT, MR "MY ONE BED FLAT IN STABSVILLE IS WORTH £150,000 so I freed up my equity.." ITS STILL DEBT, SO SIT QUIET AND PAY IT BACK AND STOP MOANING