House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

2010 World Cup Turning To Face - Now The Argies Score

Just watching the Mexico - Argentina match and yet again another decision is clearly wrong, offside goal given, replay showed on big screen everyone could see it was offside.

So 2 big decisions given in 2 matches which may change the whole outcome of the game.

What's interesting is that it was never denied that Zidane got sent off in the last world cup final because the 4th official saw the reply, no one else did. If the laws of the game the officials must see it then Zidane should have stayed on the pitch.

For the big games FIFA have no alternative but to bring in replay technology.

This world cup is now descending into farce.

Although the Mexicans should have refused to kick off again, and our spineless wimps should have played hell and walked off the pitch when it went out for a goal kick after Lampard equalised. I'd have rather them go out refusing to play the game rather than going out like they did.

Guest Skinty

I'd have rather them go out refusing to play the game rather than going out like they did.

What about if you had paid thousands of pounds to fly out to South Africa to watch them play?

What about if you had paid thousands of pounds to fly out to South Africa to watch them play?

Considering how they where playing I would have wanted them to come off after 30 minutes and go home.

No commitment and no fight for the cause.

You know what is interesting ? In regards to the UK media.

Up until 2 days ago the ball was a disgrace. It was impossible to hit. It was disgusting. You could not score a long shot from it - end of story. Suddenly this chat disappears. Well it would be after the Japanese score 2 amazing free kicks using the very ball. When was the last game you heard the ball being shocking mentioned..

Today ? Apparently goal line technology is the number one discussion point. Yesterday or the days before ? Was never mentioned in any World Cup game I have seen on either ITV or BBC so far. The ball being a disgrace ? Apparently the ball is all of a sudden fantastic...:rolleyes:

Conclusion ? Sour grapes. Pretty pathetic really.

Although the Mexicans should have refused to kick off again, and our spineless wimps should have played hell and walked off the pitch when it went out for a goal kick after Lampard equalised. I'd have rather them go out refusing to play the game rather than going out like they did.

another thought exercise: suppose the germans came out for the 2nd half, having talked it over in the dressing-room, and kicked the ball into their own net to even things up and undo the injustice suffered by england. think about it! in a cynical world it would be the most extraordinary act of sportsmanship ever witnessed in professional sport.

i can dream, can't i?

another thought exercise: suppose the germans came out for the 2nd half, having talked it over in the dressing-room, and kicked the ball into their own net to even things up and undo the injustice suffered by england. think about it! in a cynical world it would be the most extraordinary act of sportsmanship ever witnessed in professional sport.

i can dream, can't i?

You should lay off the crystal meth. :lol:

As for the ball I mentioned earlier. Yet another brilliant long distance goal. Again - still waiting to hear the expert pundits explaining how the ball is impossible to keep down..

:rolleyes:

i can dream, can't i?

Hasn't that happened in a game somewhere?

So 2 big decisions given in 2 matches which may change the whole outcome of the game.

Which was the first?

I don't consider losing 4-2 very much different to losing 4-1.

Guest anorthosite

Remind me, did England do this in 1966 after their non-goal?

I have seen at least 4 pundits/ex pros tonight saying it is disgraceful and a sham that goal line technology was not used in football today.

If anyone can find me the same people saying the same thing yesterday....they can have £100 each.

Fire away...:D

Funnily enough I just heard the ITN sport pundit saying perhaps the reason England lost is because they are just technically inferior to most of the other World Cup team....

Sure I have heard that before. Oh yes - it was myself 3 weeks ago. ;)

The sooner England ,and Scotland for that matter, accept this truth the better. The constant delusion is just pathetic and shameful.

Realise you are shit and do something about it. Otherwise just carry on being lame and second best. The British happy to be a glorious failure attitude is just embarressing.

The funny thing was how the South Americans swamped and cajoled the ref!! A completely different attitude to the "roll over and take it" of the Europeans!

I have seen at least 4 pundits/ex pros tonight saying it is disgraceful and a sham that goal line technology was not used in football today.

If anyone can find me the same people saying the same thing yesterday....they can have £100 each.

Fire away...:D

Funnily enough I just heard the ITN sport pundit saying perhaps the reason England lost is because they are just technically inferior to most of the other World Cup team....

Sure I have heard that before. Oh yes - it was myself 3 weeks ago. ;)

The sooner England ,and Scotland for that matter, accept this truth the better. The constant delusion is just pathetic and shameful.

Realise you are shit and do something about it. Otherwise just carry on being lame and second best. The British happy to be a glorious failure attitude is just embarressing.

Oi and the Welsh - we have just as much right to this abuse as anyone ! we didn't even qualify so there ! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have been surprised if Mexico had walked off, latin temperament and all that. It was that bad. It took professionalism to carry on.

I think FIFA would ban any team that did walk off, no matter how bad a decision was, because it could instigate a riot.

Hasn't that happened in a game somewhere?

Well, sort of Yeovil - Plymouth

We can argue that it should have been a goal until the end of time, but at the crux of the matter is that, England are simply not good enough..We looked like a load of strangers out there...In the Premiership, its mainly the foreign players getting the best of the English players. You could even argue that a very strong European club side could beat the top 4 or 5 national sides, as they play week in, week out with each other, rather than once in a while..Heskey & Rooney clearly didn't work, and you could of infact, have played Crouch (not that I really rate him) and Defoe up-front, as they should know each others games inside out..

Capello made some major tactical mistakes, but he can only do so much - its like getting blood out of a stone..The side are clearly not mentally strong and the technical ability is just not up there with the likes of Portugal, Spain, Netherlands, Brazil & Argentina.

That is the level of ability & technique that we want to aspire towards..We just won't, unless major, major changes are made in coaching and our coaching methods.

I was expecting England to win. All that experience ... but it turns out John Terry doesn't know how to defend. And Capello allowed them to panic in the second half. How woulda funk it?

That was actually a very close game between two second rate sides. The disallowed goal made all the difference, but England are still second rate.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Mexico had walked off, latin temperament and all that. It was that bad. It took professionalism to carry on.

I think FIFA would ban any team that did walk off, no matter how bad a decision was, because it could instigate a riot.

However allowing a goal that's not a goal won't start a riot?

I loved the pundits talking crap again about replays and the fact that if it's contentious it won't get shown, now if it's a goal and it's not replayed all the players and the whole stadium know something is wrong.

Which was the first?

I don't consider losing 4-2 very much different to losing 4-1.

Wouldn't it have been 2-2 at that point? Completely different dynamic to the game with everything to play for.

Wouldn't it have been 2-2 at that point? Completely different dynamic to the game with everything to play for.

It was a minute after England had made it 2-1, 2-2 it could easily have been England 3-2 at half time as the momentum had changed.

True the English performance at that point was dismal and it could have been 4-0 before England had scored. As someone once said football is a funny old game.

At 2-1 your chasing the game, although the way England where defending a blind team could have played through the middle.

In fairness, goal-line cameras have been talked about for many many years, and it was certainly raised at the start of this World Cup.

It's a tricky old decision, and one not to be made lightly. I also feel that had it been in place, yesterday's result may have been dramatically different.

England would have turned over a 2-0 lead in just 54 seconds and gone in at half time with a massively different mental outlook. Also, so would the Germans and that's easily ignored.

Heskey & Rooney clearly didn't work, and you could of infact, have played Crouch (not that I really rate him) and Defoe up-front, as they should know each others games inside out..

They could hardly have done much worse.

Remind me, did England do this in 1966 after their non-goal?

44 years ago technology was different, there is no harm in making improvements to take the pressure off officials.

Modern footballers ought to have equity cards with the amount of theatricals they try on, anything to improve accuracy in decisions would be worth trying

In fairness, goal-line cameras have been talked about for many many years, and it was certainly raised at the start of this World Cup.

It's a tricky old decision, and one not to be made lightly. I also feel that had it been in place, yesterday's result may have been dramatically different.

England would have turned over a 2-0 lead in just 54 seconds and gone in at half time with a massively different mental outlook. Also, so would the Germans and that's easily ignored.

agreed

part of me is pleased we lost by more than 2-1, if that score had been the end result can you imagine the upset?

The Germans weren't that good, we were just worse

Just watching the Mexico - Argentina match and yet again another decision is clearly wrong, offside goal given, replay showed on big screen everyone could see it was offside.

What's interesting is that it was never denied that Zidane got sent off in the last world cup final because the 4th official saw the reply, no one else did. If the laws of the game the officials must see it then Zidane should have stayed on the pitch.

For the big games FIFA have no alternative but to bring in replay technology.

This world cup is now descending into farce.

To be honest, I couldn't give a t@ss.