House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Bud Light Limes

Anyone tasted these bud light limes that the sacked US general likes - I am not a bud fan but I like lime... think I miss those lemonade and lime drinks from the 70s that Fred Truman used to advertise...

Anyone tasted these bud light limes that the sacked US general likes - I am not a bud fan but I like lime... think I miss those lemonade and lime drinks from the 70s that Fred Truman used to advertise...

Is that lager and lime? I confess I did like those, you don't hear people ordering them these days. My football pub this afternoon has some decent cask real ales though so I won't be trying one today.

Is that lager and lime? I confess I did like those, you don't hear people ordering them these days. My football pub this afternoon has some decent cask real ales though so I won't be trying one today.

Yes, seems to have gone out of fashion... lager with a lemon or lime top.

Is budweiser really beer though:

Budweiser (pronounced /ˈbʌdwaɪzər/) is a 5.0% abv pale lager introduced in 1876 by Adolphus Busch and one of the highest selling beers in the United States. It is made with up to 30% rice in addition to hops and barley malt.[1] Budweiser is produced in various breweries located around the United States and the rest of the world. It is a filtered beer available in draught and packaged forms. Link  

Personally I hate Budweiser.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not against rice in brewing, but generally would prefer it to be kept to Sake which I very much enjoy.

Personally I hate Budweiser. Now don't get me wrong, I am not against rice in brewing, but generally would prefer it to be kept to Sake which I very much enjoy.

Agreed, Bud is sh1t and I don't understand why anyone would drink it. Despite rumours to the contrary, the US actually has some decent mass market beer (e.g. Sam Adams) but, somehow, people keep drinking that p1ss water in preference.

Maybe this is the cause of why the general was fired.

Have to admit, I can't think of a decent US beer. I had this wheat thing in a bar in California and all the yanks were raving about it but I just spit it out. Maybe they add lime to hide the lack of taste?

Maybe this is the cause of why the general was fired.

Have to admit, I can't think of a decent US beer. I had this wheat thing in a bar in California and all the yanks were raving about it but I just spit it out. Maybe they add lime to hide the lack of taste?

Loads of great beers and micro breweries over there TMT. Boston Red is nice and Big River brewery but they go on and on, I have been out on the piss there and had decent beer after decent beer. The one thing they don't seem to understand is cask conditioning and draw it up under nitrogen pressure. IIRC there are more breweries in the US than anywhere else. They just don't export them so we get shite like Bud.

Ta for confirming that was lager and lime.

Bud is urine and no mistake though the uber-piss award goes to Carling.

For some strange reason Australia is largely incapable of making decent beer either though Cascade is an excellent exception.

Joke for the day:

What does Budweiser and having sex in a canoe have in common?

They are both f*cking close to water.

<Coat>

<Gone>

Guest Noodle

Is budweiser really beer though:

Personally I hate Budweiser.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not against rice in brewing, but generally would prefer it to be kept to Sake which I very much enjoy.

Best served arctic chilled. Ghastly liquid.