House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

Paul Mccartney: “Those Who Don’T Believe In Global Warming Like Those Who Don’T Believe There Was A Holocaust”…

The Beatles legend said: "Sadly we need disasters like this to show people. Some people don't believe in climate warming - like those who don't believe there was a Holocaust."

http://www.thefoxnation.com/entertainment/2010/06/24/beatle-mania-paul-mccartney-says-we-need-oil-spills

The Beatles legend said: "Sadly we need disasters like this to show people. Some people don't believe in climate warming - like those who don't believe there was a Holocaust.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3027440/Exclusive-Paul-McCartney-chat.html#ixzz0s2vQeJ73

The full article is more about the BP oil disaster. But interesting point he comes out with. He plays the guilt-ridden Holocaust card that is used to castigate anyone as a last resort, quite often used against Nick Griffin IIRC and now used against you i.e. anyone who doesn't believe in global warming/climate change.

So what do you have to say about it?

Personally, I think he illustrates my point perfectly. Global warming and the holocaust as they have both been described by their proponents are a lie. The realities of both situations are much different IMO.

Guest anorthosite

This one should bring out the ******monkeys amongst us...

The Beatles legend said: "Sadly we need disasters like this to show people. Some people don't believe in climate warming - like those who don't believe there was a Holocaust."

http://www.thefoxnation.com/entertainment/2010/06/24/beatle-mania-paul-mccartney-says-we-need-oil-spills

The full article is more about the BP oil disaster. But interesting point he comes out with. He plays the guilt-ridden Holocaust card that is used to castigate anyone as a last resort, quite often used against Nick Griffin IIRC and now used against you i.e. anyone who doesn't believe in global warming/climate change.

Personally, I think he illustrates my point perfectly. Global warming and the holocaust as they have both been described by their proponents are a lie. The realities of both situations are much different IMO.

Personally I am more convinced by the arguments that there is global warming as a result of human behaviour that could be addressed, than the argument that it is horse shit. That doesn't mean I'm convinced btw - just that I find the arguments 'for' more compelling (I also think Governments etc. spin and lie about the reality for their own benefit).

However:

a.) PM associating not believing in it, with holocaust denial is pathetic, weak, the height of arrogance and will do far more harm than good.

b.) The fact the PM has even come out on the subject makes me more inclined to believe it is all a load of rubbish. If there are lizard people, he is the Lizard Kings court jester.

Just looks to be like Macca is trying to come up with a quote that will get his name in the papers.

Does he have an album/tour to promote at the moment?

Just looks to be like Macca is trying to come up with a quote that will get his name in the papers.

Maybe he is just trying to appear 'relevant' to the youth of today, even though he is 86 years old.

Friend of mine went to see him in Cardiff last night. Haven't heard a report yet.

Holier than thou, i think is the term.

(presumably he still drives a car, flies about, heats a large (or several) houses) - Or maybe he insists his fans walk to his performances to get entrance?

Another idiot trivialising the most barbaric event of the 20th century.

I disagree there have been tons of nasty things happening in the 20thC but don't get exposure, the 30-90 million Mao killed for instance, or the millions who died under the reign of terror of Stalin. Consider the M56 Kolyma highway 2032 km. Legend has it for every metre of the road is reputed to have cost the life of a Gulag prisoner. If you ride the abandoned section you dig into the road you can find bones used as substrate to build the road.

“Holocaust”

What sense does it make to affirm that a buzzword standing for a free-form undefined concept "happened"?

--AS marques

(2) Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago (1973)

It was granted to me to carry away from my prison years on my bent back, which nearly broke beneath its load, this essential experience: how a human being becomes evil and how good. In the intoxication of youthful successes I had felt myself to be infallible, and I was therefore cruel. In the surfeit of power I was a murderer and an oppressor. In my most evil moments I was convinced that I was doing good, and I was well supplied with systematic arguments. It was only when I lay there on rotting prison straw that I sensed within myself the first stirrings of good. Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhlemed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil.

As much as i love Paul and his music i think he is a complete & utter f**kwit for making a statement like that.

Quite.

This one should bring out the ******monkeys amongst us...

Hi Ano' I can't get used to you not wearing the visually challenging underpants. Where are they in the wash and out or on the line drying? It not a very good drying wind, you know what we need is a breeze. Like the sailors becalmed in the doldrums are your praying for a long awaited stiff one.

My contribution to the thread there ain't tons of oil gushing in the ocean and if it is It won't do no harm. Don't mention the Holocaust. And an ageing pop singer don't know nothing , even though he's a billionaire and still earning and I'm still struggling to make the price of a cup of tea

You've clearly been brainwashed.

Even if you believe the current "version" of events (remember, the winners write history), there are many more events more barbaric in the 20th century. You need to do your homework.

You've clearly been brainwashed.

Even if you believe the current "version" of events (remember, the winners write history), there are many more events more barbaric in the 20th century. You need to do your homework.

Says the guy who's out of his box in Amsterdam coffee houses

Says the guy who's out of his box in Amsterdam coffee houses

nowt wrong with that

a highly recommended experience

Undoubtedly, but I'm not the one trying to dismiss the Holocaust

Oh look, already tarred and feathered. This is exactly the tactic used to shoo Nick Griffin away. It's just like when Ahmedinejad gets accused of wanting to "blow Israel off the map". The tactic is to keep shouting and not to attempt a reasoned argument. Distraction, headlines and hyperbole often work well too. Anything but the truth. Reason being, the argument is often easily destroyed. Gordon Brown also used this tactic often over his years, refusing to actually debate.

Oh look, already tarred and feathered. This is exactly the tactic used to shoo Nick Griffin away. It's just like when Ahmedinejad gets accused of wanting to "blow Israel off the map". The tactic is to keep shouting and not to attempt a reasoned argument. Distraction, headlines and hyperbole often work well too. Anything but the truth. Reason being, the argument is often easily destroyed. Gordon Brown also used this tactic often over his years, refusing to actually debate.

Go on then, enlighten me, what is there to debate re the Holocaust

And I'll debate I've a dinner jacket and Nick Griffin all day long - if I can be bothered by a cogent argument

Go on then, enlighten me, what is there to debate re the Holocaust

And I'll debate I've a dinner jacket and Nick Griffin all day long - if I can be bothered by a cogent argument

It's not my place to re-educate you, but you can start here:

http://www.onethirdoftheholocaust.com

I don't claim that this source is impartial. Far from it. But no source or analysis should be dismissed without first checking it out for yourself.

Stupid statement.

He's always tried to "do the right thing" but that is usually what the last person he has spoken to tells him is the "right thing".

Still, he did write and sing this:

Guest anorthosite

I don't claim that this source is impartial. Far from it. But no source or analysis should be dismissed without first checking it out for yourself.

The videos mentioned on the site are banned from youtube. That suggests they were once on youtube.

Its the modern version of occam's razor - if there are two theories, and one has a youtube video, go for the other one.

Yawn

I've checked it out - none of the links work - but I reckon it's some round the houses way of saying Israel shouldn't exist, blah, blah, yadda yadda

keep on smoking - life's easier and simpler for some people that way <_<

Nah, there has been much worse than the Beatles...and for that matter the holocaust.

That is not to say that the holocaust was anything other than the murder of millions...just that we neglect all the other murders of millions so many of which I find more horrifying than the well ordered execution of the "final solution." The USSR in the first half of the 20th century, Rwanda, Kampuchea, China under Mao, China under the Japanese, Armenia. If we go back a little and start looking at the mongols, then we have true barbarism.

Putting the holocaust on a pedestal just allows us to demonize a few Nazi's and ignore the fact that people are barbaric sh*ts.