House Price Crash Forum

Another Ebay Bargain

eek

HOLA441
HOLA442
From ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PARK-HOME-TWO-BEDROO...1QQcmdZViewItem

downsides:-

its in cumbria but not quite in the lake district.

its on a holiday park so legally you can't live there all year round (the council may however turn a blind eye).

:lol: £149,000 :lol:

Yea but if you and a friend got together then he could buy one property and you could buy this one, then every 6 months you could swap tralior park sh*tholes i mean homes and that way your not living there all year round.

Of course this would be more suitable to identical twins with identical lifestyles, preferable single with no kids.

I price that place at less than 40K - i must be having a very cynical day today.

EDITED:

Forgot to mention.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by theChuz

HOLA443
From ebay

its on a holiday park so legally you can't live there all year round (the council may however turn a blind eye).

I like the name of the current high bidder :lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445
I like the name of the current high bidder  :lol:

:lol: I missed that,looks like a ebay-crusader name, I used to be one for alienware scams (mainly laptops. Funnily enough ebay turns a blind eye to the crusaders accounts who hyper-bid scams.

Used to examine pictures and get in contact with the sellers trying to catch them out. The wrong type of plug for a uk listing was usually a good indicator of a 'borrowed' photo - combine that with "please use blah@hotmail.com because my email on ebay dosnt work" and it was a given that the account was hijacked...

Ahhh the good old days or self rightousness

:lol:

HOLA446
:lol:  I missed that,looks like a ebay-crusader name, I used to be one for alienware scams (mainly laptops. Funnily enough ebay turns a blind eye to the crusaders accounts who hyper-bid scams. 

Used to examine pictures and get in contact with the sellers trying to catch them out. The wrong type of plug for a uk listing was usually a good indicator of a 'borrowed' photo - combine that with "please use blah@hotmail.com because my email on ebay dosnt work" and it was a given that the account was hijacked...

Ahhh the good old days or self rightousness

:lol:

what is alienware ?

what is an ebay-crusader ?

what is a crusader account ?

HOLA447
what is alienware ?

what is an ebay-crusader ?

what is a crusader account ?

:lol: Sorry,

Alienware is a brand, probably the best laptop / pc / gaming manufacturers on the planet, hence the stuff is quite expensive.

Ebay crusader is someone who will invest their own time putting a stop to fraud on ebay, basically normal people like you and me that actually investigate (in an amature way) certain listings that apear to be fake but might trick someone who doesnt know any better.

No such thing really as a crusader account, its just a dummy account that an ebay crusader would use, like having a user names of ThisIsAScam1 and Scam2 , with that account you can place ridiculous bids i.e. £50,000,000 which stops others from bidding on it.

When you notify ebay of a scam they can take way to long to sort it due to account hijackings etc.

This is more than likely a scam,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alienware-7700-lapto...1QQcmdZViewItem

Things to note,

No reserve on a +£1000 (second user price) laptop

24 Hour Auction (so the chances of being caught by the real account owner is limited)

The external msn email address, so they can conclude the deal outside of ebay.

The little form which wants your user name and email address ( this is used so they can hijack YOUR ebay account, and list under your user name and rating)

Payment by wire transfer, so they can just disapear.

Oh and im pretty sure ive seen those exact pictures before :rolleyes:

To be sure i would ask questions about the sale, use of escrow , collection in person, why is he selling in £'s to a uk market when he is in the states etc, if not satisfied by the answers i would ramp the price to a ridiculous high so no one can buy it.

EDITED:

Ive contacted the account owner advising them to check their account listings. The days of me going to alot of effort for strangers is long gone.

Edited by theChuz

HOLA448
:lol:  Sorry,

Alienware is a brand, probably the best laptop / pc / gaming manufacturers on the planet, hence the stuff is quite expensive.

Ebay crusader is someone who will invest their own time putting a stop to fraud on ebay, basically normal people like you and me that actually investigate (in an amature way) certain listings that apear to be fake but might trick someone who doesnt know any better.

No such thing really as a crusader account, its just a dummy account that an ebay crusader would use,  like having a user names of  ThisIsAScam1 and Scam2 , with that account you can place ridiculous bids i.e. £50,000,000 which stops others from bidding on it.

When you notify ebay of a scam they can take way to long to sort it due to account hijackings etc.

This is more than likely a scam,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alienware-7700-lapto...1QQcmdZViewItem

Things to note,

No reserve on a +£1000 (second user price) laptop

24 Hour Auction (so the chances of being caught by the real account owner is limited)

The external msn email address, so they can conclude the deal outside of ebay.

The little form which wants your user name and email address ( this is used so they can hijack YOUR ebay account, and list under your user name and rating)

Payment by wire transfer, so they can just disapear.

Oh and im pretty sure ive seen those exact pictures before  :rolleyes:

To be sure i would ask questions about the sale, use of escrow , collection in person, why is he selling in £'s to a uk market when he is in the states etc, if not satisfied by the answers i would ramp the price to a ridiculous high so no one can buy it.

EDITED:

Ive contacted the account owner advising them to check their account listings. The days of me going to alot of effort for strangers is long gone.

and if you look now 2 hours later the bidding has been closed early and the user name is no longer registered.

The same person will re-advertised under someone elses user name, in the hours that it was up and running for alot of people would of been suckerd into contacting them and even placing a bid.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Good work.  :D

That one was really just to prove a point, at one time long ago i did used to care about people - i came to the conclusion that they wouldn't do the same for me, infact they would do the opposite whenever they could. So nowadays im content being the selfish git that i am.

There has to be a little bit of morality left in me though because when i found that listing i had no intention of doing anything about it, but it niggled at me and i had to let them know.

Another year or so though and ill have that emotional weak streak completly removed. :)

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4411
That one was really just to prove a point, at one time long ago i did used to care about people - i came to the conclusion that they wouldn't do the same for me, infact they would do the opposite whenever they could. So nowadays im content being the selfish git that i am.

There has to be a little bit of morality left in me though because when i found that listing i had no intention of doing anything about it, but it niggled at me and i had to let them know.

Another year or so though and ill have that emotional weak streak completly removed.  :)

Good work and advice. Did the person you contacted thank you for notifying them?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
From ebay

Actually that's quite "cheap" for a park home. Similar extended shacks (which last about 20 years from new, being optimistic) are on sale at Boxhill in Surrey for between 200k and 300k, and you DON'T own a freehold, just a licence to use the plot.

If there was ever an indication why we're going to have a HPC, this is it.

VP

HOLA4414
and if you look now 2 hours later the bidding has been closed early  and the user name is no longer registered.

The same person will re-advertised under someone elses user name, in the hours that it was up and running for alot of people would of been suckerd into contacting them and even placing a bid.

Well done Chuz...!

You'll probably find good karma coming your way soon.

Maybe someone selling a house with a 50% discount...

HOLA4415