House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Long Way Down

We're All In This Together.........

Seems like the new government catchphrase is "We're all in this together" - almost as bad as New Liebor's "It's the right thing to do".

I haven't benefiited from an over inflated public service salary for sitting at meetings for 35 hours a week, haven't had a share of the ridiculous housing benefit payments made to those who would rather sit at home than work, haven't had a share of the bankers bonuses,haven't borrowed beyond my means, etc.

I have, however, seen the interest rate on my modest savings dwindle to a below inflation interest rate, have watched my income drop as taxation levels rise to a ridiculous level, have watched house prices spiral completely out of control, etc.

So, why should we "all be in this together"?

I wasn't part of the process which created this mess, so why should I feel obliged to help?

Seems like the new government catchphrase is "We're all in this together" - almost as bad as New Liebor's "It's the right thing to do".

I haven't benefiited from an over inflated public service salary for sitting at meetings for 35 hours a week, haven't had a share of the ridiculous housing benefit payments made to those who would rather sit at home than work, haven't had a share of the bankers bonuses,haven't borrowed beyond my means, etc.

I have, however, seen the interest rate on my modest savings dwindle to a below inflation interest rate, have watched my income drop as taxation levels rise to a ridiculous level, have watched house prices spiral completely out of control, etc.

I wasn't part of the process which created this mess, so why should I feel obliged to help?

+1. Pretty cheesed of to be honest.

Because you are part of the big society? Cheerup.. tomorrow will be better.

Depends what side of the fence you are......there are and will be advantages and disadvantages either way....best to sit on the fence and judge when and where you want to jump....there will be no winners. ;)

Because you are part of the big society? Cheerup.. tomorrow will be better.

This is the sort of mantra that will see the young pay the debts of the old while the old live out retirement in comfort, only for them to reach retirement themselves with nothing.

Better: "We are all in it together."

The Koalishon haven't been in office 5 minutes and they are already ramping HPI (CGT below rate of IT) and reversing polices about immigration.

Unless and until they come to grips with the disease known as HPI we are doomed to follow the boom and bust cycle forever.

To get out of "it" we need to address the problem and its the national obsession with putting most of our money into non-productive areas of the economy: houses. And in order to keep the PONZI racket going the Koalishon has kept tax incentives in place while U-turning on immigration in the hope that pressure on supply will be maintained. They are desperate to get the banks creating more debt for "ordinary hard working families" by maintaining the policy of Brown that debt is somehow good.

They will not last but the alternative is even more horrible. Can you imagine a government led by the Balls creature? :o

There are 17% more millionaires in the world than there were 12 months ago.

The total wealth of the 10m millionaires in the world increased by 19% in the last 12 months.

We are all in it together.

Guest Steve Cook

The "were all in this together" line from the likes of Cameron is unambiuous bullsh*t

And so, no, were are not all in this together

Edited by Steve Cook