House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Rbs Want Out Of Liverpool Fc

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/06/22/royal-bank-of-scotland-turn-up-the-heat-on-liverpool-fc-owners-100252-26697601/

As i see it, all the ponzi games be it over leagered but outs or BTL or Insane house prices are now starting to get notice, this summer is you last/best chance. By the winter i suspect things will change...............I hope the thing implodes.

Mike

I think you're being optimistic with winter, but yes the music has stopped and people have realised that there aren't enough chairs. No rush yet but you don't want to be last.

I think you're being optimistic with winter, but yes the music has stopped and people have realised that there aren't enough chairs. No rush yet but you don't want to be last.

Who ever is left holding the parcel should be worried.

If they both want to move stadiums, I don't know why Everton & Liverpool cant just swallow their pride, and build a joint ground on Stanley Park...This strange solution was suggested...

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/05/10/new-siamese-stadium-plan-for-liverpool-and-everton-football-clubs-unveiled-92534-26411613/

siamese-stadium-300-657946426.jpg

If they both want to move stadiums, I don't know why Everton & Liverpool cant just swallow their pride, and build a joint ground on Stanley Park...This strange solution was suggested...

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/05/10/new-siamese-stadium-plan-for-liverpool-and-everton-football-clubs-unveiled-92534-26411613/

siamese-stadium-300-657946426.jpg

The main reason is that a modern stadium egnerates a big amount of money in conferences and events, think of it like a mini NEC, so if you share it then you half your income.

The main reason is that a modern stadium egnerates a big amount of money in conferences and events, think of it like a mini NEC, so if you share it then you half your income.

But you also halve building & running costs..

But you also halve building & running costs..

Yes, but that does not fit the egomania and greed of your typical football chairman.

And more practically - will your lenders accept a 50% share of a stadium as a charge? Seems doubtful.

Yes, but that does not fit the egomania and greed of your typical football chairman.

And more practically - will your lenders accept a 50% share of a stadium as a charge? Seems doubtful.

..or you could get a private company to finance the building of it, and the clubs rent it from them?

..or you could get a private company to finance the building of it, and the clubs rent it from them?

Then the club doesn't own their own ground, doesn't make the off-field income from it, can't borrow agaisnt it, have to share it with rivals so can't brand it, don't have proper home / away derbies, chucks away 100 years of tradition.

Can't see it myself. And yes I know the Ities playing in shared council-owned ones.

Then the club doesn't own their own ground, doesn't make the off-field income from it, can't borrow agaisnt it, have to share it with rivals so can't brand it, don't have proper home / away derbies, chucks away 100 years of tradition.

Can't see it myself. And yes I know the Ities playing in shared council-owned ones.

Ground-sharing is quite common in Italy. Well, I wouldn't mind going to a Lazio - Roma derby..I hear they can get pretty feisty...I think sharing a ground wouldn't automatically remove the "derby" element..

Well, if you want the club to survive, and perhaps move forward and grow without getting in even more debt, then you can't rule anything out..The issue with one / two ppl owning the whole lot is that you are more susceptible to losing it all - for instance, look at Chester. You had there an owner who pushed it into the ground, but because he didn't own the ground (the local council owns it), it meant that once they folded, a new club could be started in its place, and reside at their previous ground. Many lower league clubs are now selling their grounds to investment groups / local councils as it frees up a lot of cash.

Both teams are cack so I don't think it would make much difference. . . .

Ground-sharing is quite common in Italy. Well, I wouldn't mind going to a Lazio - Roma derby..I hear they can get pretty feisty...I think sharing a ground wouldn't automatically remove the "derby" element..

Well, if you want the club to survive, and perhaps move forward and grow without getting in even more debt, then you can't rule anything out..The issue with one / two ppl owning the whole lot is that you are more susceptible to losing it all - for instance, look at Chester. You had there an owner who pushed it into the ground, but because he didn't own the ground (the local council owns it), it meant that once they folded, a new club could be started in its place, and reside at their previous ground. Many lower league clubs are now selling their grounds to investment groups / local councils as it frees up a lot of cash.

A new club can always be started up, Crystal Place have just been saved for 1.9p in the pound, which makes Portsmouth's (the curse of Harry "big wages" Redknapp strikes again) 30p or whatever it was look positively generous. Why would anybody lend to these clubs or extend them credit?

Both teams are cack so I don't think it would make much difference. . . .

Lucky your lot have no debt problems isn't it ;)

Why would anybody lend to these clubs or extend them credit?

I think it will depend on who is applying for the credit..well, the Glazers seemed to manage.. :o