House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winkie

Do You Have A Sanctuary?

It maybe a workshop or shed in the garden...to potter about with your hobby such as woodwork or pottery.

It maybe in the greenhouse nurturing your plants.

Or is it that special place on the river where you can sit or fish...or that special place to walk.

What about the inside of your car, just yourself and your music.

Some might have an attic room a place away from the hussel and bussel of people and life.

.....we all need that special place of solitude....or do we?

Guest anorthosite

I have an 8x6 greenhouse full of North American pitcher plants. Somehow I find the buzz of angry and tiring insects soothing after a day's work.

Guest happy?

My parents house. I'm safe here when I visit. No place like it.

A visit to my sister's allotment reminded how much fun communal gardens can be.

Guest Skinty

The highlands of Scotland. Not really a sanctury as such but it does the same thing.

The highlands of Scotland. Not really a sanctury as such but it does the same thing.

Anywhere away from human habitation, with air you can breathe and water you can drink (without undue risk to health in both cases). But I'd be cautious about Scotland in midge season :ph34r:

Dartmoor has got far too crowded, so there isn't really anywhere locally :(

Have use of a static caravan in Anglesey. It's about 50 years old and leaks like fook but its 1 minute from the beach, 2 minutes from the pub, 5 minutes from the golf club and an hour and a half from home. Go there at a moments notice, throw holdall, dogs and golf bats in the car and I'm off. All worries and stresses get left at the Britannia bridge.

+1, Makes me wonder every time I'm there why I live so far south. Am contemplating a return.