House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Cameron And Obama

I've noticed that, in the pictures I've seen in the media, especially given this weekend's summit, David Cameron and Barack Obama look like they get along. I assume it's possible for Cameron to utterly foul up on the international stage, but, for now at least, it feels much less embarrassing having Cameron representing us abroad than when Brown was in that role.

Irrespective of your politics (whether or not you like Cameron, Obama or their respective parties and politics), I think there's something quite satisfying about seeing them appearing to be pretty comfortable together.

... I've just remembered, with some misgivings, though, how good Blair seemed at representing us abroad... and how he and Bush appeared to get along... :ph34r:

EDIT: clarity.

I've noticed that, in the pictures I've seen in the media, especially given this weekend's summit, David Cameron and Barack Obama look like they get along. I assume it's possible for Cameron to utterly foul up on the international stage, but, for now at least, it feels much less embarrassing having Cameron representing us abroad than when Brown was in that role.

Irrespective of your politics (whether or not you like Cameron, Obama or their respective parties and politics), I think there's something quite satisfying about seeing them appearing to be pretty comfortable together.

... I've just remembered, with some misgivings, though, how good Blair seemed at representing us abroad... and how he and Bush appeared to get along... :ph34r:

what media? I use other souces of news such as World Service and internationan agecies and they give quite a different perspective.

He's not presented well about BP from what I gather

I'm often torn about the PM's relationship with the US President.

Part of me wants it to be great. Being best mates with the class bully has it's its benefits.

Another part of me wishes the PM would man up, even kick off, and reject the US and say tell the President that the UK no longer wants to be part of their evil, fvcked up world. We aren't going to be aggressive, but we are going to do our own thing and start again. Starting by making Banks a place where means of exchange is conveniently administered, rather than controlled, manipulated, subverted and used to destroy the ordinary man.

Maybe DC should have the 4 and a bit pints of this Cider I have been drinking in the sun ... it's making everything much more clear ...

I'm often torn about the PM's relationship with the US President.

Part of me wants it to be great. Being best mates with the class bully has it's its benefits.

Another part of me wishes the PM would man up, even kick off, and reject the US and say tell the President that the UK no longer wants to be part of their evil, fvcked up world. We aren't going to be aggressive, but we are going to do our own thing and start again. Starting by making Banks a place where means of exchange is conveniently administered, rather than controlled, manipulated, subverted and used to destroy the ordinary man.

Maybe DC should have the 4 and a bit pints of this Cider I have been drinking in the sun ... it's making everything much more clear ...

No, these guys drink 14 pints a day.

It's not even midday yet. Go on Mr Stallion, don't stop until you've had at least 15.

Guest Noodle

Never been into booze so I just don't know, but would anyone contemplate drinking 14 pints of water in one session?

I don't understand this.

Guest happy?

I think you're right it is important that politicians look good on TV.

Cameron looked like another poodle in the shots I saw, hanging on Obama's every word.

So did Merkel.

We need a leader who can tell the world to stick it, if it benefits us at the time.

It's no secret that Obama found Brown an embarrassment, so Cameron will be a nice change for him.

Personally, I really think as a nation we need to lose this 'whatever America says... ' thing we do. Sometimes they need to be told we disagree, aren't playing ball or simply to [expletive here].

Part of the mess we are in is because we are punching above our weigh and vanity costs money. Money we don't have.

As for Gee 8 and even Gee-er 20 it's all a show. What makes one man more important than another?

It's no secret that Obama found Brown an embarrassment, so Cameron will be a nice change for him.

Personally, I really think as a nation we need to lose this 'whatever America says... ' thing we do. Sometimes they need to be told we disagree, aren't playing ball or simply to [expletive here].

Part of the mess we are in is because we are punching above our weigh and vanity costs money. Money we don't have.

As for Gee 8 and even Gee-er 20 it's all a show. What makes one man more important than another?

Well he has aready given the President the impression we are not all obese because he ddescribed Camaron as a lightweight last year.

It's not even midday yet. Go on Mr Stallion, don't stop until you've had at least 15.

I didn't make it to 15, but I do feel absolutely appalling. I almost completely lost the plot in the end.

I'm sure I'll get over it 10 minutes after getting in to the boozer this afternoon to watch us smash the Germans*.

* For those of you who's hearts have just sank, thanks to my previous record predicting the world cup. That ISN'T a prediction its just a description of why I am going. I am going to watch us destroy them - that doesn't mean I think it will happen.**

** That comment doesn't mean I don't think it wont happen.

We need to stop this "special relationship".

All it means is that the English suck America's c0 ck. We work for them. We help them out with their wars etc.

Why?

Is there something we don't know? Maybe we only have a quarter of the nukes we report and rely on American help? I have no idea why we helped so much on the War on Terror. Maybe it's all part of the global plan to have 24 hour tracking of citizens, I don't know?

Thank f*k Ieft England. Cameron has turned out to be a tw @t. Lick ing Obama's hairyy As s.

FK America. I would rather we form stronger alliances with China and Russia. I think US are blackmailing us somehow, but what is the secret dossier they are using to threaten us with, that is the real question.

We need to stop this "special relationship".

All it means is that the English suck America's c0 ck. We work for them. We help them out with their wars etc.

Why?

Is there something we don't know? Maybe we only have a quarter of the nukes we report and rely on American help? I have no idea why we helped so much on the War on Terror. Maybe it's all part of the global plan to have 24 hour tracking of citizens, I don't know?

Thank f*k Ieft England. Cameron has turned out to be a tw @t. Lick ing Obama's hairyy As s.

FK America. I would rather we form stronger alliances with China and Russia. I think US are blackmailing us somehow, but what is the secret dossier they are using to threaten us with, that is the real question.

I have a feeling that 'they' (you know who I mean) are not so much bending to US will due to some fear, more 'they' have a vested interest in the US continuing to rule the world and suck out all the resources like a frenzied ant eater on meths.

I have a feeling that 'they' (you know who I mean) are not so much bending to US will due to some fear, more 'they' have a vested interest in the US continuing to rule the world and suck out all the resources like a frenzied ant eater on meths.

If it really is just about economics, surely we'd be better off aligning ourselves with BRIC instead? They are the now AND the future. America is on the way down. I still reckon its blackmail.

Why are we the only country in the world that thinks it needs America. No other country does.

I reckon this is all serving the agenda of very, very few people. It must be those pesky zionist bankers again, the Rosthchilds.

If it really is just about economics, surely we'd be better off aligning ourselves with BRIC instead? They are the now AND the future. America is on the way down. I still reckon its blackmail.

Why are we the only country in the world that thinks it needs America. No other country does.

I reckon this is all serving the agenda of very, very few people. It must be those pesky zionist bankers again, the Rosthchilds.

very, very few people = 'they'