House Price Crash Forum

A Sentimental Education

Bob8

HOLA441

Inspired by whining spoilt girl tears about the forum not being as good as it was when they were a lad, guv'nor, I have decided to raise the tone.

I found this book thoroughly inspiring and recommend it to anyone reading this. To have the nature of art tackled in a down to Earth manner was remarkable, but also impressively non-remarkable in its style. Any thought from anyone else who has read it?

To cater to both realms of taste I attach a picture;

2010-03-21-scarlett_johansson.jpg

Now, if replying with a comment on literature, please also include a picture of an attractive member of the opposite sex. If posting a picture of an attractive member of the opposite sex, please also include a comment on the works of Gustav Flauvert.

Now everyone should be happy.

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest anorthosite

We can diversify the issues here. Did you know that meteorites come in several forms? Chondrites are from small objects that were never hot enough to melt. They date from the beginning of the solar system and are over 4.5 billion years old. Achondrites, iron nickel and pallasites come from bodies that have melted and separated into layers. Iron nickel meteorites are the cores of bodies long since destroyed, the achondrites are their crusts and can be similar to the crust of the earth, only much older, again 4.5 billion years ago. Pallasites come from the edges of the iron core and are a mix of iron and olivine crystals. When sliced thin they have a stained glass appearance:

esquel_pallasite.jpg

A very few meteorites come form the moon or Mars, these are younger than the 4.5 billion years of other meteorites.

Liv Tyler looked pretty hot in Armageddon, didn't she?

armageddon-1998-45-g.jpg

HOLA444
Guest Noodle

One has been inspired by the teachings of the revered author Colonel Ken, in particular his classic voluminous works, Hardship Posting Vol 1 & 2, which gave one a sense of the sublimely ludicrous.

516TvgUEl2L._SS500_.jpg

51VM8Y2YDSL._SS500_.jpg

Pictures include women on the covers, so that's sorted then. :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest anorthosite

Instructions on inserting a picture on here, please. I used to be able to do it but when they changed the forum style I couldn't. Anyone help?

If you have a direct link to the image click the picture icon two icons to the right of the smiley one (beside the link one).

If you don't have a link, but have the picture on your hard drive, upload it to http://imageshack.us/ to get a link

HOLA447

If you have a direct link to the image click the picture icon two icons to the right of the smiley one (beside the link one).

If you don't have a link, but have the picture on your hard drive, upload it to http://imageshack.us/ to get a link

I must say I often really rather wish you weren't so proficient at this. ;)

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite

lemurpenis.jpg

051208_bat_testes_02.jpg

I just realised that if you compare the meerkat to the bat, you'll realise why he looks so sad.

Simples.

Archived