House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second Time Around

Project Labour

I have heard references to plans being made by the coalition to scupper any chance of Labour getting back into power called "Project Labour". I assume this will entail re-drawing constituency boundaries, equalising the size of the constituencies, reforming postal voting and making some changes to the voting system. However, I have heard nothing being discussed in the media about this - has anyone any inside knowledge on what might be being planned?

Also the nuclear option is to stop mass donations to Labour by the unions by saying that each individual union member has to contribute of their own free will.

Guest sillybear2

Also the nuclear option is to stop mass donations to Labour by the unions by saying that each individual union member has to contribute of their own free will.

That would f**k 'em. Most of the old fashioned union men hate what NuLabour have done to this country.

Anyway, the Labour party will soon descend into the party of loony lefty public sector workers, which is nice, but unfortunately there's not enough votes in it, there's a minority party in Germany just like that, they're not too popular.

Tbh why are the unions donating to labour anymore? Its not as if NuLab follow policies espoused my the working class, who comprise the unions.

Guest happy?

I have heard references to plans being made by the coalition to scupper any chance of Labour getting back into power called "Project Labour". I assume this will entail re-drawing constituency boundaries, equalising the size of the constituencies, reforming postal voting and making some changes to the voting system. However, I have heard nothing being discussed in the media about this - has anyone any inside knowledge on what might be being planned?

Doesn't sound like much of a secret.

Does our President also have a secret plan to fight inflation?

Doesn't sound like much of a secret.

I think he's keener on seeing if he can get Diane Abbott to lead the Labour Party. That would do it.

if we have proper parliamentary reform then both labour and tories will split imho - centre-right Cameroon tories semi-permanently in a coalition govt of one form or another, possibly subsuming the right wing of lib-dems, hard right tory party merging with UKIP led by John Redwood

labour split might be hard left wing one combining with socilalist party, etc. Liberal left wing might also have some kind of merge with lib-dems. (also seeing much time in coaltion govts) etc. you get the picture.

I think the best thing that could hapen to left wing politics would be for unions to stop funding it, too much conflict of interest

yep - stopping paying people to not work

Why is this news? Labour did almost exactly the same thing when they were in power changing boundary sizes, and attempting to make a client state.

attempting to make?

The problem is that they don't tend to vote.

Equalised boundaries will only change about 10 seats ultimately.

The general move to increased prosperity over the last 50 years has done more damage to Labour than anything else - their natural supporters have realised they are better off getting a job than trying to penalise others for being born to riches.

Sounds like a good Idea to me. Labour have bankrupted the country twice now and they have to be detroyed. The only people that vote Labour are the greedy that only care about what the government can do for them and not what the government can do for the country.

I think they should go one step further and release enough criminals from prison in order to make enough room to lock up every single Labour member in the UK.

so pretty much doing what labour has done over the past decade-and-a-bit in reverse.

fine by me!

Elections should be won by majority; if this amounts to petty ******ing with the vote boundaries or similar ******** then it is beyond pathetic and I say this as a tory voter. You're either trying to educate the majority or trick them; if it's the latter then you don't deserve the office.

More "only on HPC" nonsense. Don't you know what a "political levy" is? Hint: its optional. What other suggestions do you have; free the slaves? Break the rule of barons? How about extending the franchise to women?

A real risk that Labour could become the third party and a good thing too, being replaced with the Lib/Dems. Maybe the Tories could enter into an electoral pact not to stand against each other in certain seats? The boundaries need redrawing due to the bias to Labour especially in inner city seats.

More "only on HPC" nonsense. Don't you know what a "political levy" is? Hint: its optional. What other suggestions do you have; free the slaves? Break the rule of barons? How about extending the franchise to women?

Not just on HPC. Most of us in real life don't get involved in a union and so don't know about them. Here is a graph showing decline of membership....

4.gif

Guest sillybear2

Not just on HPC. Most of us in real life don't get involved in a union and so don't know about them. Here is a graph showing decline of membership....

4.gif

Somebody needs to plot that against HPI.

Guest happy?

4.gif

Someone should plot that against final salary pensions.