House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

"dc" Will Not Print

We jumped into bed with Euroland.............we are going to tough it out..............watch the falling $ !

Mike

Will be interesting to see.

I kind of expected (given the budget) that more QE would be inevitable.. I just thought they would probably aim it at the private sector some how rather than just expand government spending.

If we don't, all the better... although if we dip into big style deflation I'm sure they'll change their tune pretty sharpish.

eating_popcorn.gif

Edited by libspero

We jumped into bed with Euroland.............we are going to tough it out..............watch the falling $ !

Mike

I think this is one of those posts that might require a link.

There's absolutely no sign of that as far as I can see.

Not yet (not price inflation wise anyway).

But if the Eurozone does, or the US I could see that eventually doing it.

On the other side of the equation we have likely oil price rises and the possibility of the Chinese revaluing their currency.

USA will have to "QE" $5 Trillion very soon, they wanted EVERYONE else to do like wise............Germany won't........France will follow Germany. Yes the Euro will come under attack, yes lots of trouble ahead, but Russia/China are on hand to help.......looks like "DC" has decied to jump ship. "DC" told Barry that he wants out of Afgan & all he has to do now is flick a lite ciggy into the Gulf for a James Bond style ending.....

Mike

Not yet (not price inflation wise anyway).

But if the Eurozone does, or the US I could see that eventually doing it.

On the other side of the equation we have likely oil price rises and the possibility of the Chinese revaluing their currency.

The balance seems to be with inflation for me although a sustained positive run for the pound could change that a bit.

Guest sillybear2

They've already printed, the QE is a continuous process, just leaving £200bn out there to compound on itself and perform its FRB magic is enough to generate fresh inflation.

The Fed seems to be gearing up for some more printy, printy :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7852945/Ben-Bernanke-needs-fresh-monetary-blitz-as-US-recovery-falters.html

Edited by sillybear2

Mike

No need for DC to print as we are well placed to weather the problems that began in America and which are affecting the Eurozone. After all, we still have HPI and they don't: nah nah nah--nah nah :P

Guest sillybear2

No need for DC to print as we are well placed to weather the problems that began in America and which are affecting the Eurozone. After all, we still have HPI and they don't: nah nah nah--nah nah :P

Bernanke is now using the argument in reverse, it's all the fault of the Eurozone. It's like the two ugly sisters arguing over who is most appalling :lol:

Bernanke is now using the argument in reverse, it's all the fault of the Eurozone. It's like the two ugly sisters arguing over who is most appalling :lol:

Indeed. The spotlight first shone on the EZ now its shifting back to the US and it will swing around to us and our vacuous claims that we are well placed and have healthy HPI etc.....

The blame game is a bit premature though. Only about 25% of the poison that has been lurking in the mud has so far hatched out.

Sorcs (1992 chap) said the day "DC" won that "It would be wise for Britan to devalue now".

Its coming, i suspect Autium

Mike

There's absolutely no sign of that as far as I can see.

Not obviously but in things like industrial plant and machinery prices are only going down.

Indeed. The spotlight first shone on the EZ now its shifting back to the US and it will swing around to us and our vacuous claims that we are well placed and have healthy HPI etc.....

The blame game is a bit premature though. Only about 25% of the poison that has been lurking in the mud has so far hatched out.

It will be the Obama and Bernanke Tarp show again. Not a repeat; a whole new series to look forward to! Here is will be for QEen and C.ntry.