House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pammiekins

Worsley To Where ?

Help needed. Wanted a run down or partially derelict property with very large gardens or land within commuting distance of M27 (Swinton) for my partner as I do not work. . Now beginning to wonder whether I have done the right thing by putting my house on the market as I cannot find anything that meets my requirements. Everything is in Worsley that you could ever need within walking distance - good restaurants, open spaces, schools, shops etc. The only bugbear is that everything is extremely expensive and anything with land is well outside my price range (up to £450K).

My wants:

- rural, quiet village with community feel

- desirable area

- good state primary and high school

- not more than 30 to 40 minute drive from Swinton

Any suggestions very welcome as I am beginning to think such a property does not exist !

If you venture a bit west down the east lancs/A580 from Worsley, you arrive at Astley Village. It has one the last pitheads still standing in Lancashire with a museum. The village is based around the same canal as Worsley, and is sat on the outskirts of Chat Moss so theres nothing but fields around. Try there. Theres a couple of nice foodie pubs, and the local schools are reasonable. Swinton is just a sprint down the A580, or you can catch the no26 bus :)

The postcode is around M29 7JB .

Incidentally, though the canal basin area of Worsley looks posh, theres a couple of scruffy areas as you head towards Eccles. Also the car parks just off the motorway which are ideal for walks through Worsley woods are apparently the best dogging car parks in the northwest. So I'm told.