House Price Crash Forum
Guest unregistered

Mr. Angry

Guest consa
The STRs have only won a pyrrhic victory at great cost in selling their house for profit and moving into rent because they are now paying a terrible price for their short-term decision in that their quality of life has suffered tremendously, their living expenses have increased dramatically because they hate so much living in rented accommodation that they find themselves going out alot and spending money in order to get over the depression and anxiety caused by not owning their own home and worrying about whether they will ever be able to get back onto the property ladder again.

The STRs seriously miscalculated in assuming that the cost of renting will be dramatically less than the costs of servicing the mortgage they once had because low and falling interest rates has meant that the interest payments on their mortgage would be very low in comparison to renting out a similar type of property.

The STRs took a gamble in selling their house on the assumption that house prices would crash soon after they sold their house and they could buy a property very cheaply and get back onto the property ladder fairly quickly. However, the housing boom shows no signs of crashing and the STRs will have to wait for another year before there is any chance of a crash occurring.

The miscalculation of the STRs in assuming that they could get back onto the property ladder quickly is costing them dear because whilst they are waiting for the crash they are continually paying dead money in rent which is helping to pay off their landlord's mortgage.

Whilst the STR are in limbo and unable to buy a property the value of their STR fund is constantly being eroded by inflation which means that unless they are able to use their money to buy another property soon then they will find that the real value of their money will have depreciated so much that when the opportunity does arise when they can buy a property they will find that the value of their STR fund will have been eroded by inflation to such an extent that they will not be able to afford a property with the money they have and they will just have to start saving all over again from scratch for their deposit.

The STRs biggest mistake is in waiting for a property crash. Even if a crash were to occur soon there will not be another boom in house prices until another economic boom takes place and this can only occur once the current economic boom has been unwound completely which will take at least seven years.

The STRs will realise that there is no point buying a property as soon as prices have crashed because house prices will then be languishing at the bottom for many years which will make buying a property soon after a crash pointless because this will effectively be locking up money to an asset that is not appreciating in value and generating a return and it would be better to keep any money in the bank earning interest rather than using it to buy a house that is not appreciating in value.

The STRs will have to wait not only for the crash but for the current economic boom to be unwound completely through a long and deep recession before it will be the right time to buy a house.

Another house price boom will not occur until the current boom has been unwound through a recession which means that the next property boom is not expected to happen for at least ten years which means that the STRs will be paying dead money in rent for ten years before it becomes the right time to buy a property.

Part of the warped and distorted thinking of the STR can be attributed to that advice they get from the forum on that scurilous website housepricecrash.co.uk (HPC). That forum is total rubbish and is completely biased in favour of the STR speculators and does a complete disservice to giving a proper and balanced view of the housing market.

housepricecrash.co.uk is totally misleading and completely biased

Compliments of Bill Gates Link

Edited by consa

now paying a terrible price for their short-term decision in that their quality of life has suffered tremendously, their living expenses have increased dramatically because they hate so much living in rented accommodation that they find themselves going out alot and spending money in order to get over the depression and anxiety caused by not owning their own home and worrying about whether they will ever be able to get back onto the property ladder again.

:lol::lol::lol:

that is so funny - rentland? there is nowhere else i would rather be right now!!

well - apart from down the beach ... as i'm just about to go into work <_<

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

that is so funny - rentland? there is nowhere else i would rather be right now!!

well - apart from down the beach ... as i'm just about to go into work  <_<

Hey you work on a sundays sometimes too aswell!

you muppet!

:lol:

only coz i'm in danger of missing deadlines due to HPC addiction :lol:

just wish it wasn't such a "phew what a scorcher!!" day today <_<

only coz i'm in danger of missing deadlines due to HPC addiction  :lol:

just wish it wasn't such a "phew what a scorcher!!" day today  <_<

None of my business but we can have a get to know you moment.. what do you 'do', missing deadlines sounds very journo and i fear now i will have to watch what i say :P

None of my business but we can have a get to know you moment.. what do you 'do', missing deadlines sounds very journo and i fear now i will have to watch what i say  :P

journo? have you seen my quality of writing??!!

no - i have some very important rocket science to attend to.

journo? have you seen my quality of writing??!!

no - i have some very important rocket science to attend to.

Good point your writting is much more concise than the usual journalistic piles of sh*te i'm used to, surely though rocket science on sunday should be illegal, i mean your blood alcohol level will still be through the roof.

Good point your writting is much more concise than the usual journalistic piles of sh*te i'm used to, surely though rocket science on sunday should be illegal, i mean your blood alcohol level will still be through the roof.

i think i've just about sobered up enough to hack it <_<

seeyez later peeps x

EDIT: all the boozing down to anxiety and depression of STR!! :lol:

Edited by dunroamin

Guest Bart of Darkness
It looks like he's been turned then.

What, to the "Dark Side"? :D

The VI "Empire" may dominate at the moment, but the HPC "Jedi" will return and triumph.

Your overconfidence is your weakness TTRTR.