House Price Crash Forum

Location Last Night

HOLA441

Watched it and spent the time howling at the screen. My neighbours will be banning me from watching such awful programs soon.

250k - young couple, no deposit - borrowing that from mum and dad - and having a 35 year mortgage.

The both work as emergency planners. So no doubt will have planned for any emergency job cuts.

Insane monkies looked at some pretty standard newish build houses. Plenty of room - big garden etc but picked a poxy "party pad" in some sort of converted mews with only shared garden.

They like the giant wall print of a tree. Sad suckers unlikely to be brainful enough to think that they could have put the same "style" into one of the other houses.

Bet they pee their neighbours off when they start partying.

Horrid woman who pulled her face cos a house was "on an estate" - I knew exactly what she was going to say before she opened her vile gob.

Other couple. Man fussy as heck about location - they saw lots of houses but none right - and according to last bit they'd got a week before completion (So I'd have assumed exchanged maybe) and changed their minds.

They had big budget.

Watch it if you get chance. The first couple is the sort who will be so badly burnt by the cuts and stupidity of buying the wrong house.

HOLA442

Horrid woman who pulled her face cos a house was "on an estate" - I knew exactly what she was going to say before she opened her vile gob.

Sorry love, Tories are in charge now. Deal with it. You've had best part of 15 years of the politics of envy to wallow in, now you will have at least 10 of the politics of ****** you. Sooner you adjust, the sooner you will be happy.

HOLA443

Thanks for the warning. Not sure whether my stomach is strong enough for it.

Is this the series with Krusty and Filth? Their main aim is always to lower the expectations of the muppets who appear on their program, (which equates to a price ramp when you think about).

Love it when the champagne comes out at the end to celebrate the bonded labour that Krusty and Filth have facilitated for them.

HOLA444

Kirsty was adamant "no client of mine is going to pay 249 for that"

So they paid 243.

I think some sly comments about phil liking a drink were a bit pointed ... perhaps he's a lush ... they go the pub all the time :)

Why Kirsty didn't just say to the young couple "save for an emergency ... like needing a deposit for a house" and tbh if they're emergency planners then we are really screwed.

HOLA445

I watch an old re run of these on sky. The young clueless FTBs were being shown flats for about 180k can't remember what area unfortunatly. But phil showed them couple of shitholes that needed work and one that looked very good obviously done by a developer as the interior design was spot on. Phil said "I'd rather the they bought one of the other flats so they could increase it's value by doing it up, but they certainly won't lose money on this 'investment'"

This is the one they bought.

hmmm I thought I wonder when this was original broadcast so I waited till the end and guess what 2007!

Oh how I laughed, more sound advice from philbert. Nob!

HOLA446

I watch an old re run of these on sky. The young clueless FTBs were being shown flats for about 180k can't remember what area unfortunatly. But phil showed them couple of shitholes that needed work and one that looked very good obviously done by a developer as the interior design was spot on. Phil said "I'd rather the they bought one of the other flats so they could increase it's value by doing it up, but they certainly won't lose money on this 'investment'"

This is the one they bought.

hmmm I thought I wonder when this was original broadcast so I waited till the end and guess what 2007!

Oh how I laughed, more sound advice from philbert. Nob!

Unfortunately, as long as the flats were not city centre new builds Phil was probably right and they will be worth more now.

HOLA447

but the point of this programme is that it's about twallies who can't make a decision about buying a house, or have ludicrous reasons for rejecting/liking a place. Wouldn't be much airtime in a show where couples went "aye, it's a nice area near my work and it's structurally sound, that'll do me" in the first 5 minutes

What does confuse me is how the dithery gets that populate this programme get the money (unless it is mum n dad). It's always some ******** like Rupert is a holistic life manager and Tania is a self-employed candlemaker, and they rock up with 300k in their pocket.

HOLA448

Unfortunately, as long as the flats were not city centre new builds Phil was probably right and they will be worth more now.

It was a city up north somewhere. Can't remember which so can't check what prices are there now. I very much doubt they have recovered enough to 2007 levels. Going by the national average it would be currently worth about £162

HOLA449

Dunno

Both couples, to me, were being rightly fussy about the shiiite available on the market - and unwilling to splash out the insane asking prices.

Fussy ? Yes - but why not, with 500k cash in hand ?

I was sympathetic to the younger woman when Kirsty was trying to get her to spend a quarter of a millon quid on some anonymous and uninspiring place on what looked like a fairly densely-packed estate. I bet that if they'd filmed at 6 pm those pavements would have been covered in parked cars. The place they actually bought might at least be re-sellable in a few years. Who wants an estate house just out of its NHBC guarantee when they can buy a new one round the corner ?

and this from someone who hates phil'n'k.

HOLA4410

Young couple - fussy about not wanting a box - and got shown some enormous houses where they could party and have a family ... but chose some tiny box place with no privacy ...

Resale will always be better on something with it's own garden and drive imo.

Whilst I understand the need to be fussy the bloke was bizarrely in favour of living near pubs and restaurants. Do families with young kids really spend their lives eating out?

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Watched it and spent the time howling at the screen. My neighbours will be banning me from watching such awful programs soon.

250k - young couple, no deposit - borrowing that from mum and dad - and having a 35 year mortgage.

The both work as emergency planners. So no doubt will have planned for any emergency job cuts.

Insane monkies looked at some pretty standard newish build houses. Plenty of room - big garden etc but picked a poxy "party pad" in some sort of converted mews with only shared garden.

They like the giant wall print of a tree. Sad suckers unlikely to be brainful enough to think that they could have put the same "style" into one of the other houses.

Did she actually say that? (I didn't notice).

I though that they didn't like it because it was in Rainham.

Believe me. Medway really is somewhere that you don't want to live if you can afford not to and ISTM a perfectly acceptable reason not to want to live there regardless of how nice the house is (and I think Kirsy's attitue at this response was well out of order).

tim

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Fussy couple looked at this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22892407.html

with key access to private beach (and extra garden available sep - which would have made it perfect for them I think as they moaned about the small garden)

It was well above their price range so what the thought of it was irrelevent.

Showing them this house was just a piss take by Phil

tim

HOLA4417

Phil and Kirsty are a pair of prized twats. Show them houses which bare no resemblence to the brief or budget, whinge about them being fussy for 30 minutes, then show them houses that match the brief and say "Finally, we found these idiots a house."

If I were hiring them as search agents, they would have been sacked after the first house in both cases.

HOLA4418

What does confuse me is how the dithery gets that populate this programme get the money (unless it is mum n dad). It's always some ******** like Rupert is a holistic life manager and Tania is a self-employed candlemaker, and they rock up with 300k in their pocket.

:lol::lol::lol:

Very good indeed.

HOLA4419

Other couple. Man fussy as heck about location - they saw lots of houses but none right - and according to last bit they'd got a week before completion (So I'd have assumed exchanged maybe) and changed their minds.

They had big budget.

Watch it if you get chance. The first couple is the sort who will be so badly burnt by the cuts and stupidity of buying the wrong house.

I can't bear to watch these programs either - orgies of avarice and greed (IMO). I would much rather be sobered up with 'Blood, Sweat and Luxuries' or something similar.

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

HOLA4420

I was sympathetic to the younger woman when Kirsty was trying to get her to spend a quarter of a millon quid on some anonymous and uninspiring place on what looked like a fairly densely-packed estate. I bet that if they'd filmed at 6 pm those pavements would have been covered in parked cars. The place they actually bought might at least be re-sellable in a few years. Who wants an estate house just out of its NHBC guarantee when they can buy a new one round the corner ?

I beg to disagree.

• Properties with communal gardens will generally not appeal to young families with kids. Once a sprog or two come along, most families want their own garden, even if it's postage stamp sized.

• Even before then, where do you keep all your garden furniture? As for a barbeque in a communal garden, where do they think they live - Oz?

• Then there's the monthly maintenance charge which will keep on rising, something over which the punters who buy these communal places have little control over.

• And in my experience, selling prices of new properties, as they age, do not keep pace with average HPI. Once that new look fades, their price wilts relative to the average. After properties are about 15 - 20 years old, their prices tend to stabilise, providing of course they are refreshed (decoration, new kitchen / bathroom). The place this couple bought is at the start of the decline, whereas the estate house is closer to the point of the curve stabilising.

But then if you are into a "party house" (which will go down like a lead balloon with their neighbours), then in my opinion you fall into the "poser" category who are motivated by style over substance.

HOLA4421
name='SarahBell' date='25 June 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1277456333' post='2589611']

Was just going to look who it's sponsered by ...

The entire Location, Location, Location back catalogue to watch for free whenever you like, on 4oD

oooooooooooooooooooooo :)

Puts me in mind of the Bill Hicks 'American Gladiators / Go back to bed America' sketch

'here's 56 channels of it...'

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

If I wanted a 'party house' I would definitely rent. Let someone else pick up the pieces and bad feeling from neighbours and move on.

This.

Especially since they had no deposit, took out a 35 year mortgage, have 2 newish cars to run, and paid well over the odds for a box with no storage or garden because it had a pretty picture on the wall. For the privilege of no garden, they have to pay £65 a month to look after the communal gardens.

Kirsty and Phil were seen coming from a long way off with 2 young mugs in tow. I don't really have any sympathy, but I do feel K+P have at least a little duty of care - that said, since the deposit came from the BoMaD why aren't they looking out for their offspring?

Edited by the.ciscokid

HOLA4424

the opening shot was baldielocks and Miss Piggy walking towards teh camera, and Sloppy Krisytal says "... a couple of nervous first time buyers.."

what a fat porcine twit.

I mean, seriously.

She's EVERYTHING that's wrong with the 'upper' class.

they're lardy filth, basically, who still think they can shoot peasants on a sunday.

HOLA4425

the opening shot was baldielocks and Miss Piggy walking towards teh camera, and Sloppy Krisytal says "... a couple of nervous first time buyers.."

what a fat porcine twit.

I mean, seriously.

She's EVERYTHING that's wrong with the 'upper' class.

they're lardy filth, basically, who still think they can shoot peasants on a sunday.

When did she become upper class?