House Price Crash Forum

Name Changes

Dubai

HOLA441

There seem to be "new" posters cropping up that have been here for years and have thousands of posts.... I believe that many have changed their "names". For example I know Mr. Parry became something else and is now known as Noodle.

(I thought you couldn't do it without losing all your history... but obviously you can! My "name" came about because that's where I was living when I joined and I have poor imagination!!)

Does anyone know who else has changed names?

Those of you who did.... why?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

There seem to be "new" posters cropping up that have been here for years and have thousands of posts.... I believe that many have changed their "names". For example I know Mr. Parry became something else and is now known as Noodle.

(I thought you couldn't do it without losing all your history... but obviously you can! My "name" came about because that's where I was living when I joined and I have poor imagination!!)

If you want to know the name history of a poster you can look it up in their profile. Noel was one of the first to do this (Joey Buttafueco Jr, as I recall) and you'd have to ask him why.

e.g. Aunt Jess became Mrs Bradley.

HOLA443

If you want to know the name history of a poster you can look it up in their profile.  Noel was one of the first to do this (Joey Buttafueco Jr, as I recall) and you'd have to ask him why.

e.g. Aunt Jess became Mrs Bradley.

Thanks.... it's nice to know who's who!! I didn't think of looking at "profiles". I might change mine now to something more "suitable"!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I change mine a lot because I get bored.

I changed mine to reflect the fact that we were living in Brown's communist state.  I guess I could change it back now.

HOLA447

I started as Shylock, then moved to being Baby Eating Boomer for a while. I can't remember why - it may have been in response to one too many anti-boomer threads (I am in my early thirties before you ask). I was also going to change my avatar to the Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells from Blackadder but I couldn't get the sodding website to work. So after a month I just changed back to Shylock.

I chose my name originally because I had seen the Merchant of Venice recently and felt Shylock had a bad rap. I think he was entirely reasonable. I was sueing my ex-LL at the time and I wanted my pound of flesh.

I have no idea as to the effect of my avatar and name on how people read my posts

HOLA448

gleeful_expat became swissy_fit and will probably become something else in time.

When the CHF started rising sharply at the same time as UK house prices were dropping sharply, I was gleeful.

Now I am a fit man who lives in Switzerland and tries to avoid hissy-fits.

I might think of something more interesting, but I doubt it.

HOLA449
Guest Noodle

gleeful_expat became swissy_fit and will probably become something else in time.

When the CHF started rising sharply at the same time as UK house prices were dropping sharply, I was gleeful.

Now I am a fit man who lives in Switzerland and tries to avoid hissy-fits.

I might think of something more interesting, but I doubt it.

:D

:D:D

:lol:

Run.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Noodle

I would. Except...

What price a 13 month old daughter who looks as though she'll rival the girl from Ipanema when grown, and runs shrieking with delight to the door when I arrive?

'orrible situation. Been there.

HOLA4412
Guest X-QUORK

Changing my online name seems as ridiculous as changing my real name. I am X-Q, this is the will of the t'internet Gods and it shall never be undone.

HOLA4413
Guest Skinty

It does matter.

"Skint Academic" sounded like some bitter scribbler with a superiority complex and I never even read their posts but a quick change to "Skinty" and suddenly one of the lads. Or ladettes rather.

I didn't choose the name because of a superiority complex but I realised afterwards that's how it came across. I literally was a skint academic but I didn't think of the image I was portraying when I chose it. I was doing my first post doc at the time, very happy to have escaped my previous nightmare of a job and back in academia but was completely and utterly skint. Sometimes I would be faced with the decision about continuing to eat for the rest of the month or travel into work. But yes I was bitter because of where I was living and the circumstances leading up to it.

HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury

I have always been this.

I am not from Bolton, not furious, nor do I even like Ronnie Corbett. I am also over 6ft.

HOLA4415
Guest Noodle

I have always been this.

I am not from Bolton, not furious, nor do I even like Ronnie Corbett. I am also over 6ft.

Time for a new look.

HOLA4416
Guest X-QUORK

Every word a lie.

HOLA4417
Guest theboltonfury

Every word a lie.

Ok, I live on St.Helens Road, am currently in a strop with the world, love Ronnie Corbett and am 5ft 1

HOLA4418
Guest X-QUORK

Ok, I live on St.Helens Road, am currently in a strop with the world, love Ronnie Corbett and am 5ft 1

There, that wasn't too hard now was it?

HOLA4419
Guest theboltonfury

There, that wasn't too hard now was it?

Yes, I feel better.

I also love fatties and Jordan.

HOLA4420
Guest X-QUORK

Yes, I feel better.

I also love fatties and Jordan.

I feel like we're sharing something beautiful right here and now TBF, an outpouring of honesty rarely seen on HPC (apart from on Skinty's threads which, quite frankly, could do with a lot less honesty...remember those dreaded poo flakes?).

HOLA4421

I feel like we're sharing something beautiful right here and now TBF, an outpouring of honesty rarely seen on HPC (apart from on Skinty's threads which, quite frankly, could do with a lot less honesty...remember those dreaded poo flakes?).

I bloody wish...

anthea-turner_Augu_1547448i.jpg

HOLA4422

Never changed the name or avatar!

Like a bit of continuity, the way that a Marmite jar always looks the same, even after they introduced the "digital" stuff". :blink:

HOLA4423
Guest Mrs Bradley

Who wouldn't be, living on St. Helens Road.tongue.gif

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Skinty

I've noticed with Second Life that people choose the avatar that represents what they would ideally like to be in real life. Do you wish you were from Bolton. furious and 5'1" in golfing knitwear?

It's OK to admit it.

Archived