House Price Crash Forum
ripandcap

A Message To Most Public Sector Workers

Teachers.....I won't be supporting any strike action when we have to take time off work to look after the children for you to strike and work till 70+ plus to keep you when you are 55.

Council workers - office and non office .....I won't be supporting your strike action when you don't want to work beyond 55 - 60 but you expect me to work til 70+ to keep you.

police........fire.........armed forces etc..........Just accept working the extra years like we got to or not getting your pension till 66-70+. Why should you retire 15-20 years earier than us at our expense?

Teachers.....I won't be supporting any strike action when we have to take time off work to look after the children for you to strike and work till 70+ plus to keep you when you are 55.

Council workers - office and non office .....I won't be supporting your strike action when you don't want to work beyond 55 - 60 but you expect me to work til 70+ to keep you.

police........fire.........armed forces etc..........Just accept working the extra years like we got to or not getting your pension till 66-70+. Why should you retire 15-20 years earier than us at our expense?

+ 1

Yep - I had to go to A&E recently - could hardly move i was in such pain - had to call an ambulance to get me there (one of the non emergency ones) ---- got there and was told i would have to wait 4 hours to be seen and they couldnt give me a trolley to lay down on ( i couldnt stand or sit (neck shoulder injury)). Had to wedge myself back in the mrs' car and have another painful journey home just so i could lay down

So with great delight I found out that two of my local NHS hospitals will each be having 425 people cut ------ SO I WILL NOT BE CRYING ONE BIT - WHEN YOU DUCKERS START CARING FOR THE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF THINK ABOUT JOBS FOR THE BOYS ILL SUPPORT YOU ----

HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR HOMES

Edited by Pearshape

Not sure about the 3rd item. There's an element of fitness required there. A 65 year old fireman, policeman or soldier is patently absurd. Not that some of them won't be fit enough for those jobs, but most wouldn't, which is why you'd need accelerated pension benefits. There wouldn't be enough desk jobs to retain armed forces and emergency services personnel past 55 ish.

So with great delight I found out that two of my local NHS hospitals will each be having 425 people cut

That's certainly going to help to avoid future 4 hour waits for you.

HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR HOMES

I wonder how able and inclined the nurses would be to help you if that were to come about.

edit:

By the way, if the OP had any cojones he'd be saying this to peoples' faces rather than impotently posting it on a nice, safe internet forum. But then I suppose there'd be danger of having to actually face the consequences. Coward.

Edited by Mal Volio

Not sure about the 3rd item. There's an element of fitness required there. A 65 year old fireman, policeman or soldier is patently absurd. Not that some of them won't be fit enough for those jobs, but most wouldn't, which is why you'd need accelerated pension benefits. There wouldn't be enough desk jobs to retain armed forces and emergency services personnel past 55 ish.

Indeed. But don't let facts get in the way of ill-thought out diatribe.

I'm sure those that risk life and limb appreciate being compared to admin people in council offices.

The pension issue needs to be resolved, but there are many that earn it, compared to those that don't. Putting your life and sanity on the line isn't the bag for most, so those that do deserve to be rewarded.

The average survival rate for police and long serving military personnel (that do the full term) is averaged at about 5 years after retirement. 30 years' service in these jobs knocks the shit out of you.

Yep - I had to go to A&E recently - could hardly move i was in such pain - had to call an ambulance to get me there (one of the non emergency ones) ---- got there and was told i would have to wait 4 hours to be seen and they couldnt give me a trolley to lay down on ( i couldnt stand or sit (neck shoulder injury)). Had to wedge myself back in the mrs' car and have another painful journey home just so i could lay down

So with great delight I found out that two of my local NHS hospitals will each be having 425 people cut ------ SO I WILL NOT BE CRYING ONE BIT - WHEN YOU DUCKERS START CARING FOR THE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF THINK ABOUT JOBS FOR THE BOYS ILL SUPPORT YOU ----

HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR HOMES

Bell end post of the month.

Well done. Your idiot statue to show your family is in the post.

The average survival rate for police and long serving military personnel (that do the full term) is averaged at about 5 years after retirement. 30 years' service in these jobs knocks the shit out of you.

linky or ref for that?

Yep - I had to go to A&E recently - could hardly move i was in such pain - .....

Next time you go it will not be there and you will die.

ROTFLMAO

The divide and rule plan seems to be working then.

Scrap the private sector pensions.

Offshore private sector jobs.

Cut private sector pay.

Cut private sector hours.

Once implemented get to work on the public sector 'scroungers' by brainwashing them that we're all in it together

Make sure nobody mentions the real reasons why they all have to get poorer

Repeat until next time

Haha suckers!!!!

Oh I see, so if I can think of a job that has some physical demand on it I can pack it in at 55 too and don't have to engage my brain at any point over the preceding 30 odd years to plan for work after I am less able to do the physical elements. And presumably all of us in the private sector can plan to only have one type of job over our entire working life.

I wont support any public sector strike. Indeed if I see anyone suggesting they keep public sector pensions as is or whine about a pay freeze they will get a few home truths about me about just how much I'd need to save each year to replicate their pension benefits and about the pay cuts I've had to endure in the past few years.

In fact I suspect the public sector unions will slit their own throats and encourage the coalition further if they try and seek any support from the majority of this country that thankfully still represent the private sector AKA the real world - you know that one where you have REAL competition and you are as good as your last day of work.

Happy to have a grown up debate, but first it would be useful to know what value you add to society?

Not all public sector workers have gold plated pensions, are over paid, add no value, etc, etc...Some do, yes, but the majority work in piss-poor conditions for piss poor pay doing the jobs that most people wouldn't want to do. Without them, there would be no society.

I don't believe strike action is good action, but don't use the threat of this to slag off the work of 6m people.

Experience from doing both. Maybe not science.........

with respect to police - I have met too many tanned happy retired policemen with massive pensions to believe you

with respect to armed services - something in me tells me you may be right, certainly retired ex-colonels etc seem a bit f*cked up at the very least

HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR HOMES

Sorry, I'm not normally this rude on here but your post is a long way on the wrong side of moronic.

425 less staff at two of your local hospitals.........that's going to reduce the queue to be seen - not :rolleyes:

In line with your sympathy threshold I would advise you to be more careful. Then you won't need to go to hospital at all :lol:

No that's the bit that has gone up people in the private sector are now working longer hours , not for any more pay.

Scrap the private sector pensions.

Offshore private sector jobs.

Cut private sector pay.

Once implemented get to work on the public sector 'scroungers' by brainwashing them that we're all in it together

Make sure nobody mentions the real reasons why they all have to get poorer

Repeat until next time

Haha suckers!!!!

No. Just stop borrowing to live. Simple.

Otherwise, keep drinking the kool-aid and your suffering will soon be over.

I suspect you have shitloads of debt.

Obviously they assessed you and realised that your ickle owwy was minor and non-life threatening.

Oh I see, so if I can think of a job that has some physical demand on it I can pack it in at 55 too and don't have to engage my brain at any point over the preceding 30 odd years to plan for work after I am less able to do the physical elements. And presumably all of us in the private sector can plan to only have one type of job over our entire working life.

But that is a lot of the problem , people are only too willing to retrain, change jobs , change directions in their working life. However the work place will not allow this try going into a different kind of job in your earlie forties never mind mid fifties and you are looked at as if you have two heads.

People are willing but the system does not allow.

with respect to police - I have met too many tanned happy retired policemen with massive pensions to believe you

with respect to armed services - something in me tells me you may be right, certainly retired ex-colonels etc seem a bit f*cked up at the very least

LOL

The police is a mass of waste in terms of money. I'm still in their employ and most 'workers' in the police will cite those on the sick and doing desk jobs that should be done by civilians for half the pay. It's a massive gripe that is ongoing.

Military is another fish. Underpaid and over-worked. That's why I switched.

Thankfully I got a day-for-day switch in pension terms at the time.

Edited by pie-eater

Obviously they assessed you and realised that your ickle owwy was minor and non-life threatening.

Yep - non life threatening - and was happy to wait for four hours - this is the nhs after all - just couldnt sit or stand - -- - - i asked a friend of mine why they would get me a trolley - and his quote "they dont wont patients laying around making it untidy"

8 weeks on and im still waiting for the MRI scan.

So the NHS can go fourth - and yes - its not going to help queues with people getting the boot - but the system doesnt work now anyway - so who cares - if the level of NHS ive had is anything to go by they need complete restructuring anyway .

Happy to have a grown up debate, but first it would be useful to know what value you add to society?

Not all public sector workers have gold plated pensions, are over paid, add no value, etc, etc...Some do, yes, but the majority work in piss-poor conditions for piss poor pay doing the jobs that most people wouldn't want to do. Without them, there would be no society.

I don't believe strike action is good action, but don't use the threat of this to slag off the work of 6m people.

My wife works for a national government employer and hates every minute of every day. The pension is one of very few things that keeps her there at all. It's certainly not the pay which does not compare favourably to similar private sector jobs in the area.

It was not always like that but they have been under the efficiency cosh for so long now, despite what some of you guys think, that it is just not a place where anyone is happy to work any more.