House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
housespider

We Have Bought A Home At Last

We have just exchanged on a property - pick up the keys next Thursday.

Was on with an asking price of £320k in March - seller accepted £290k (due to our position & it had fallen through twice before). Thouse next door sold in July last year for £297k (both Zoopla & Mouseprice value it at more than £340k) - Which, to be honest I would agree with.

We have been renting for almost 3 years now and have both had enough. Back in 2007 buying such house would have required us having a mortgage, albeit a 'small' one, Interest on our savings next to nothing for many months now blah blah blah.

We are buying it outrigh so happy days..............

We have just exchanged on a property - pick up the keys next Thursday.

Was on with an asking price of £320k in March - seller accepted £290k (due to our position & it had fallen through twice before). Thouse next door sold in July last year for £297k (both Zoopla & Mouseprice value it at more than £340k) - Which, to be honest I would agree with.

We have been renting for almost 3 years now and have both had enough. Back in 2007 buying such house would have required us having a mortgage, albeit a 'small' one, Interest on our savings next to nothing for many months now blah blah blah.

We are buying it outrigh so happy days..............

Of course you would.

No one else did though, hence why you got it for £290 :D

Of course you would.

No one else did though, hence why you got it for £290 :D

I understand why you would think that way - I'm sure I would think that too if it were someone else. There were certain details which I left out purely for reasons of abbreviation.

Congratulations.. the costs don't stop yet though.

Has your mrs told you what colour marble she's having in the kitchen yet? ;)

Edited by libspero

I understand why you would think that way - I'm sure I would think that too if it were someone else. There were certain details which I left out purely for reasons of abbreviation.

Ok.

You're either an EA, deluded or got a deal under the radar to think it has increased in value by £50k in less than 24hrs.

Baking bread, putting some fresh coffee on and placing a few twigs in a vase don't work as well as they did in 2007 ;)

Edited by pie-eater

well done...we also exchanged contracts today after a nightmare of a buying process that started on the 8th march..we got ours for 188k after being first advertised for 299k .but the way the legal position was on it made it worthless unless it was sorted out...as it was.. :huh: via a land registry appeal..

well done...we also exchanged contracts today after a nightmare of a buying process that started on the 8th march..we got ours for 188k after being first advertised for 299k .but the way the legal position was on it made it worthless unless it was sorted out...as it was.. :huh: via a land registry appeal..

Sweet. Well done with that deal!

How far off the initial asking price was realism? That's a massive drop.

Sweet. Well done with that deal!

How far off the initial asking price was realism? That's a massive drop.

very very hard to tell as it is a one off build that was built to order on land of a massive house..it is a 4bed each of which is double with study two reception rooms ect ect... and it turns out was a divorcing couple who bought in1998 so plenty of meat still left on the bone..looking at others similar they are up for 250 to 270k but it was on the market for three years and the wife wanted out asap as she had moved on with her new hubby...the bloke stayed in it..

Ok.

You're either an EA, deluded or got a deal under the radar to think it has increased in value by £50k in less than 24hrs.

Baking bread, putting some fresh coffee on and placing a few twigs in a vase don't work as well as they did in 2007 ;)

:lol:

very very hard to tell as it is a one off build that was built to order on land of a massive house..it is a 4bed each of which is double with study two reception rooms ect ect... and it turns out was a divorcing couple who bought in1998 so plenty of meat still left on the bone..looking at others similar they are up for 250 to 270k but it was on the market for three years and the wife wanted out asap as she had moved on with her new hubby...the bloke stayed in it..

One of the D's then.

That's what I'm looking for. Have one in my sights at present, but her divorce isn't as financially pressing to get me a deal like yours.

Well done on your buy. It sounds like a nice pad and I hope you'll be happy there.

Congrats! We had our offer accepted on 12th March and have also had a nightmare but for different reasons....it felt at times like it was never going to happen......

I think if I had enough money to buy outright I would have done by now then not gave a f uck about prices. It's the mortgage that scares the hell out of me. If prices drop and the house is yours it always will be. If prices drop and I can't pay the mortgage anymore no more house.

I think if I had enough money to buy outright I would have done by now then not gave a f uck about prices. It's the mortgage that scares the hell out of me. If prices drop and the house is yours it always will be. If prices drop and I can't pay the mortgage anymore no more house.

I'm the opposite to you.

I have the cash to buy what I want, but don't want to waste say, £100k in NE.

We've worked and saved for that money and won't blow it to pay for someone else's mistake.

Renting is fine for now. Money's out of the UK and earning interest.

Thanks all/

I will say that if i had to buy by using a mortgage i would not of bought now..

I would of waited and was prepared to wait longer but this house we both liked which was for us a first..

Ii feel prices have to fall as here outside Chester the market is in a right mess and has been for four years with no sign of first time buyers in any numbers.

Our estate agents still are closed Wednesday Saturday and Sunday and its been like that for two years with no accompanied visits allowed.They are down to a valuer/seller and office girl...but they have been good to us i must say..(they stopped me going mental)

I have lots and lots of houses in the 200k to 300k bracket in the third year of sale due to one being able to trade up..

Average wage around here is nowhere near the much touted 23k as its all service sector work with most jobs being in banking-credit cards..i reckon 16 to 18k is tops if you look in the local paper and most of those jobs are in the get our money back department... :D

The market can not rise when no one has any money and this is what we are seeing here..the ea we bought off reckon we are 25% from peak here.