All major sporting events will be cancelled until further notice :D

would you like to tell us what it is you are inviting us to download

tim

This .....

World Cup house sale fears

ByGareth McPherson

garethm@baylismedia.co.uk

Footie could have ‘soporific effect’ on market – especially of England go far

THE feast of World Cup football could starve the Windsor housing market of sales, according to one estate agent. The phenomenon comes around at major sporting events but is particularly marked for football as people revel in the national hysteria rather than look to move. Nigel Keene, of Atkinson and Keene in Clarence Road, said the South Africa tournament could have a ‘soporific effect’ on the market – especially if Rooney and company go far.

“I will still be cheering for England to do well but in terms of business I could well be paying for it,” said the independent estate agent director.

The average cost of a home in the Royal Borough is now £321,195, according to Land Registry figures released this month, after bottoming out a year ago at about £290,000.

Mr Keene said the situation has been improving again after a preelection stumble.“There definitely isn’t enough optimism for buyers to want to adopt the buy-at-all-costs approach that we saw in 2007,” he said. “As I said to one buyer this weekend, we are agreeing sales at the seller’s absolute bottom price and the buyer’s absolute maximum.”

Chris Cannon, of Campsie in Peascod Street, said: “What we are finding is when we put something on the market it will sell very quickly. We’ve had five months of our highest back-to-back sales in over six years.” He suggested that many of these are people buying again after selling property two years ago in favour of renting as the market started to decline.

He is less convinced the World Cup will have a significant effect on sales, although he has

witnessed a slow-down in previous tournaments.

The average house price in the area peaked at the beginning of 2008 at £348,490. Nationally,

the average home costs £165,596 – a rise of 8.5 per cent compared with last year.

Especially of England go far?????

IF... FFS, don't people proof read anymore?

Edited by Mr. Miyagi

Especially of England go far?????

IF... FFS, don't people proof read anymore?

Clearly the spell checking software missed this one.

Extreme laziness as far as I can see.

Clearly the spell checking software missed this one.

Extreme laziness as far as I can see.

The laziness of Estate agents in Windsor is (should be?) Legendary!

My wife got a glossy magazine in the post and found an average of 4.3 typos and/or grammatical errors on every page. Disgusting ... if I published rubbish like that in what I do I would get fired ... within the first week.

Aidanapword

The laziness of Estate agents in Windsor is (should be?) Legendary!

My wife got a glossy magazine in the post and found an average of 4.3 typos and/or grammatical errors on every page. Disgusting ... if I published rubbish like that in what I do I would get fired ... within the first week.

Aidanapword

Just skim through rightmove the spelling and punctuation is that of a 10 year old. They don't do themselves any favours do they!

Back on topic. The world cup is having no effect whatsoever on the housing Market. It's just EAs Trying to convince themselves that the Market is not dead.