Define A Sucessful Life

ken_ichikawa

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest Noodle

As per the topic, what is a sucessful life?

I've known lots of failure..... so really to quantify and put into context what do you consider to be sucess?

Living without stress. Happy within oneself.

That's all there is.

HOLA443
Guest tbatst2000

As per the topic, what is a sucessful life?

I've known lots of failure..... so really to quantify and put into context what do you consider to be sucess?

I reckon if someone thinks their life is successful then it is. Success means different things for different people, trying to define it any absolute sense is futile.

HOLA444
Guest tbatst2000

Living without stress.

I like stress in moderation. I'm not being silly either, without stress I get bored.

HOLA445
Guest Noodle

I like stress in moderation. I'm not being silly either, without stress I get bored.

That's not stress.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Skinty

It's a good idea to know what you are aiming for.

For me it will be when I have my own house, with land, self sufficient-ish in the highlands of Scotland and I can work from home on my own research.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest Noodle

It's a good idea to know what you are aiming for.

For me it will be when I have my own house, with land, self sufficient-ish in the highlands of Scotland and I can work from home on my own research.

Deeper. Think deeper. That's just stuff.

What are you really aiming for?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Skinty

Deeper. Think deeper. That's just stuff.

What are you really aiming for?

What I am aiming for is to be able to work on my own research without money worries and lead a more natural life in a small community in the kind of environment where I most feel at home (the highlands). Nothing more than that. What I described is the best outcome for me.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest Noodle

What I am aiming for is to be able to work on my own research without money worries and lead a more natural life in a small community in the kind of environment where I most feel at home (the highlands). Nothing more than that. What I described is the best outcome for me.

Okay so it's living without worry, with independence yet with a sense of belonging and that's how you intend to fulfill these psychological needs.

Sounds like a plan, Stan.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's **** about "success".

For me, a good life though would be moving to somewhere sunny like southern Queensland, working part time so that I've got enough money get by and generally chilling the hell out. I'd like to have enough time and energy to be a proper dad and husband. I'd like to a PhD although if I ever produce anything that is of actualy use to humanity I shall be bitterly disappointed. I'd like to learn kite surfing and how to play classical guitar well enough to be able to play Gymnopidie no.1 by Eric Satie. I'd like to be able to do nothing but sit in a hammock and drink beer all day once in a while if the need takes me. I'd like to explore the Aussie outback by 4wd. I'd like to get fit again.

Happily this all looks like it may come to pass. I've just got to endure 2 years stuck in this shithole first.

HOLA4422

I think it's the amount of time you spend doing what you enjoy and give a ****** about versus what you don't like and couldn't give a ****** about.

I mean, if you're on your death bed you just want to think, 'Yeah, that was kind of what I wanted to do, give or take...'

I barely know anyone that enjoys their job these days yet it eats up more and more of their time and their nervous energy.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

You go to bed at night and don't wish you are dead. You actually look forward to tomorrow. You are a dick. You don't care. ****** everyone else - I am enjoying myself and if nobody else likes it then they can go ****** themself.

Anyway that is just me.

HOLA4425

Archived