House Price Crash Forum

Regional Gross Disposable Household Income

BelfastVI

HOLA441

My link

Came across this data, which I found quite interesting. I haven't went into how they define disposable income but it is relative across all the regions.

The cash figure for NI is £13,260.

The data runs from 1995, when NI was at the bottom of the pile to today where it is 5th from bottom. However, whilst everybody will accept this as good news it is the relativity, if I can put it that way that interests me.

The attached table shows the UK Regional Gross Disposable Household Income as 100, in each year and shows the regions as a indices against it. NI starts off in 1995 as 87.9 and has grown by 2%(in indicy terms) to 89.2, which may not look remarkable until you see that it was the second highest of only 4 regions that have actually risen against the average in that time scale. The average was pulled up by London, which grew 6% against the average and left most regions actually falling against the average.

I know we have a higher level of 'economic inactive people' compared to other regions. We always have and unless they alter the benefit system we probable always will. This is harsh, but that section never did are unlikely to be involved in the private housing sector. The people who have and who will are the people with the disposable income discussed in this government report.

HOLA442

My link

Came across this data, which I found quite interesting. I haven't went into how they define disposable income but it is relative across all the regions.

The cash figure for NI is £13,260.

The data runs from 1995, when NI was at the bottom of the pile to today where it is 5th from bottom. However, whilst everybody will accept this as good news it is the relativity, if I can put it that way that interests me.

The attached table shows the UK Regional Gross Disposable Household Income as 100, in each year and shows the regions as a indices against it. NI starts off in 1995 as 87.9 and has grown by 2%(in indicy terms) to 89.2, which may not look remarkable until you see that it was the second highest of only 4 regions that have actually risen against the average in that time scale. The average was pulled up by London, which grew 6% against the average and left most regions actually falling against the average.

I know we have a higher level of 'economic inactive people' compared to other regions. We always have and unless they alter the benefit system we probable always will. This is harsh, but that section never did are unlikely to be involved in the private housing sector. The people who have and who will are the people with the disposable income discussed in this government report.

so what does it tell you?

tells me that our wee province with the largest proportion of state workers and benefit parasites

done well with a liebor government who liked to reward the afore mentioned rather well

there is also the small matter of a large pot of peace money injected at the same time

its reality check time now

peace money gone

and a chain saw being wielded on the past governments largesse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGVEJxzHwQ

the chart for the next 5 years could well be very interesting

rock on!

HOLA443

I don't think those on benefits appear on these figures on disposable income.

What it tells is is that NI has done well since 1995 and even in the last three years, compared to almost all other areas outside London. The peace money is long gone, and very little of it went into the average workers income.

HOLA444

I don't think those on benefits appear on these figures on disposable income.

What it tells is is that NI has done well since 1995 and even in the last three years, compared to almost all other areas outside London. The peace money is long gone, and very little of it went into the average workers income.

has your construction workers the same disposable as 3 years ago?

while public sector have seen salary increases every year

little wonder an area with a bloated public sector has been doing well till now

but things have changed

rock on!