House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Wales Disproportionally Hit....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/wales/10383841.stm

"In addition, poorer paid workers and those that receive benefit payments could be hit disproportionately hard in Wales, because of lower average incomes"

Doesnt this mean for the last 10 years they have disproportionally benefitted ?

Stop whinging and work for your own money.

If you have to leave home to get a job/more cash, tough, welcome to everyone elses world.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Nothing is going to happen in Wales till the Nov 22nd budget - they said so yesterday.

I personally think they do not have a clue about what the spending cuts to the WAG budget truly mean. Even yesterday Welsh AMs in the Cabinet were talking about building this, building that, spending money that they no longer have.

The mindset is truly staggering.

But as they will not do anything until Nov 22nd - surely there is need for an emergency budget also - they job cuts, the pain will not happen until 2011 at earliest.

The only cuts that will happen in Wales before then will be in the huge public sector offices controlled by London - DVLA, Land Reg, Companies House, Patens Office, etc.

Wales is third in the league of public spending I think:

(1) N Ireland,

(2) London,

(3) Wales

All 3 places will be disproportionally hit. I agree with your comment MT - head in the sand time for Carwyn and his idiots.

Edited by gruffydd

"In addition, poorer paid workers and those that receive benefit payments could be hit disproportionately hard in Wales, because of lower average incomes"

If you have to leave home to get a job/more cash, tough, welcome to everyone elses world.

We can expect this sort of winge from every self-interessted group.. they'll all be making their case... scotland, wales northern ireland, the public service unions the local authority unions, bob crow, uncle tom cobbley and all........ and each time I hear them speak they will go further down in my estimation as each appeal they make can be paraphrased as follows... please make someone elses life more desperate and horrible as we don't think we should pay our way... ask any of them what they think would be fair cuts to make to their own budgets/benefits and not one of them would propose cutting a single thing or saving a single pound.

We can expect this sort of winge from every self-interessted group.. they'll all be making their case... scotland, wales northern ireland, the public service unions the local authority unions, bob crow, uncle tom cobbley and all........ and each time I hear them speak they will go further down in my estimation as each appeal they make can be paraphrased as follows... please make someone elses life more desperate and horrible as we don't think we should pay our way... ask any of them what they think would be fair cuts to make to their own budgets/benefits and not one of them would propose cutting a single thing or saving a single pound.

+1

Cuts should be adjusted so that they are proportional to the quantity and volume of VI whining.

Edited by pilchardthecat

About time. Wales is just a big parasite.

They get free prescriptions! What more do they want!

Eighty-eight percent are free in England (2008 figures), even more would be free in Wales operating under the same rules (given higher welfare dependency in Wales).

The 12% who pay in England will be the workers/taxpayers who already fund the whole shebang, and then have to pay again.

I needed antibiotics for an infected cut the other day, and was asked if I had Ibuprofen at home. I'm sure I'd have got some added to the prescription if I'd said no. Which is ridiculous, of course. But the same situation would have pertained in England, if I'd been part of the disadvantaged 88%. Disadvantaged 88%. Makes you think, doesn't it?

http://news.bbc.co.u...es/10383841.stm

The good news is that, with North Sea oil running out, coal will be back in demand at some point and they can re-open all those Welsh mines.

Isn't it about time Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland were given independence and taken off England's teats? How much money is poured into those sinkholes? Time for them to grow up, leave home and get a job.

The current situation is the result of choices made and imposed with extreme prejudice (in every sense of the word!) from Westminster.

Suck it up, pal B)

The good news is that, with North Sea oil running out, coal will be back in demand at some point and they can re-open all those Welsh mines.

... which will then run out, shortly afterwards.

I'd hate to hear your version of bad news :P

But.. but... but..

Who's going to buy this:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26156761.html

Won't someone think of the property developers??

Watch out or I'll set Eurfyl ap Gwilym on you

I actually found that skewering hard to watch :D

Quite right, bunch of pie-munching, beer-swilling, work-shy anti-enterprise sob-story hypochondriacs.

Edited by Dave Spart

I actually found that skewering hard to watch :D

Eurfyl was talking to a blank screen... couldn't even see Paxman squirming.

Edited by gruffydd

Quite right, bunch of pie-munching, beer-swilling, work-shy anti-enterprise sob-story hypochondriacs.

Dont get confused by wales and liverpool !!!

They both have off sounding accents but the difference between the two are the Welsh are happy to be over-paid public servants or be un-employed whereas in Liverpool they have 100% employment...but with 90% of people on the sick.

Jesus, you couldn't pay me to live in that.

I would i think £500 a month would be a fair rent

ie a 1% roi before agency fees, maintenance, non payers and voids (presuming you buy it cash and dont have to pay mortgage interest, or furnish it)

good this btl isn,t it :lol: