House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Noodle

Artists You Can Listen To

Guest Noodle

There's a few out there. You know the ones, where you can put a 50 song collection on and leave it on and enjoy the lot without pushing '>>'.

My pick, on all day today . . . Etta James.

central digit? Its a free to download gangster rap group, besides the preludes most of them are quite good even though I do not like gangster rap.

There's a few out there. You know the ones, where you can put a 50 song collection on and leave it on and enjoy the lot without pushing '>>'.

For me Stone Roses and New Order come close.

Aretha Franklin for me

I could even listen to her sing Tie me Kangaroo down without vomiting

Guest Noodle

Jurassic 5, The Offspring, Planet Funk, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Faithless and BB King.

See that last one? That's you maturing like a fine wine.

Another, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.

Marvin Gaye too.

See that last one? That's you maturing like a fine wine.

Another, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.

Marvin Gaye too.

I saw him live in Manchester last year. It was the second best gig I have been to after The Specials. Oh I forgot to mention The Specials in my original post, so consider them duly added.

Guest Noodle

Van Morrison, if you're in that kind of mood, can fill a pleasant Sunday.

I don't have any Van Morrison, I'll add it to the list.

Highest Rated Comments
fozzdick
11 months ago 29
every song great.How many times does that happen?I remember lifting the needle on albums to skip crappy songs.Never lifted a needle on´╗┐ Cat.Never.Stoned, tripping or straight he was always great,I remember getting so wound up at work and coming home and cracking a cold one and smoking and putting him on and all my problems disapeared.still sounds fresh..

Stones yes! Bowie, yes.

Good call. Rolling stones too. Tom Petty is pretty good.

Guest Noodle

Paul Robeson - truly breathtaking

Now I may have a lot of gay friends and I may have recently painted my cottage pink . . . but another . . . Simon and Garfunkel.

Heaven.

Guest Noodle

Tori Amos

A hideously underrated artist of sublime quality.

What ever happened to Tori Amos?

Now I may have a lot of gay friends and I may have recently painted my cottage pink . . . but another . . . Simon and Garfunkel.

Heaven.

WTF :huh: , are you telling me Paul Robeson is a gay icon or somefink - I don't care I'll say it loud and proud, I still rate him

Guest Noodle

WTF :huh: , are you telling me Paul Robeson is a gay icon or somefink - I don't care I'll say it loud and proud, I still rate him

No, Simon and Garfunkel.

Never heard of Paul Robeson. But I will find right now and have a wee listen. :)

Guest theboltonfury

Try American Jazz Guitarist Grant Green. Really nice melodic Jazz, nothing too far out and very relaxing.

Equally, Joe Pass or Charlie Parker for some brass.

If that's a bit quiet, try Napalm Death.

A hideously underrated artist of sublime quality.

What ever happened to Tori Amos?

Toris Amos went on to ....

In June 1994, Amos co-founded RAINN, The Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, a toll-free help line in the US connecting callers with their local rape crisis center. Amos, herself a survivor of sexual assault,[47] was seen as unlocking the silence of her assault through her music; thus "Unlock the Silence" went on to become a year-long campaign for RAINN when Amos became a national spokesperson for the organization. By the summer of 2006, RAINN had received its one millionth caller[48] and the organization's success has led to it ranking in "America's 100 Best Charities" by Worth, and one of the "Top 10 Best Charities" by Marie Claire.

Top, top lady.

Guest Noodle

Nina Simone

[yes, even "Nina's Back"]

Been on over an hour so far and I can report that it's hitting the spot.

Good choice.