House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porca misèria

Builders On The Up!

FTSE snapshot: five housebuilders among the top ten risers (in the 350). Along with a property investment trust, and others with property interests. Market decided less government crap might actually be good for builders?

Funny how some on HPC post a fall in builders shares as a great sign of doom, but seem to miss when they rise <_< As if a momentary snapshot either way really mattered!

As if a momentary snapshot either way really mattered!

Exactly! So why did you bother with this post?

FTSE snapshot: five housebuilders among the top ten risers (in the 350). Along with a property investment trust, and others with property interests. Market decided less government crap might actually be good for builders?

Funny how some on HPC post a fall in builders shares as a great sign of doom, but seem to miss when they rise <_< As if a momentary snapshot either way really mattered!

Don't you realise that this is DrB's much proclaimed DEAD CAT BOUNCE? ;)

Ho hum.

Big noise - no content. / BDEV-5year chart

Relax, UK property is on its way down

Not only that, but the builders are down significantly (40% ish) from their 'recovery' peak in Sept 09, and collapsed again in May!

Not only that, but the builders are down significantly (40% ish) from their 'recovery' peak in Sept 09, and collapsed again in May!

The funny thing is though if I were to read Dr Bubbs process correctly he is saying builders are a bellweather for what will happen in the wider housing market.

I am sure the housing market will register falls over a period a time, but I don't beleive the crash sheeple. Either way with such a poor correlation between housebuilders falls and housing market falls you could argue that pretty much anything thats fallen recently is predicting the fall in housing, the euro for instance. I am sure Bubb will have a neat little chart that shows some correllation but I'm afraid I don't it, nor by the by do I buy that this is some classic dead cat bounce ( with ensuing further fast and deep crash).

I like Bubbs posts they are well considered etc, I just don't choose to agree with them all the time.

I noticed this yesterday I think it was the land registry figures combined with the overall Market pessimism yesterday caused them to plummet. I was expecting a bit of rally this morning when I saw the FTSE up but no, opened even lower today with a less than estimated rise from nationwide.

Bad couple of days for builders!

I noticed this yesterday I think it was the land registry figures combined with the overall Market pessimism yesterday caused them to plummet. I was expecting a bit of rally this morning when I saw the FTSE up but no, opened even lower today with a less than estimated rise from nationwide.

Bad couple of days for builders!

Everything was down yesterday, the stockbrokers must have wanted some more money

Everything was down yesterday, the stockbrokers must have wanted some more money

Builders under performed the Market yesterday, and today they under performed by about 3%!