House Price Crash Forum

Loss Of Parking

HPCbeliever

HOLA441

My landlord is building anotgher property next to me. In order to contect the water supply to that house they have had to take up the whole of the private road outside my house, which provides access to my parking space and that of my neighbours. When the work commenced the right to my parking space was put in my contract. Am I entitled to any compensation for loss of parking space (and indeed vehicular access to my house)?

HOLA442

My landlord is building anotgher property next to me. In order to contect the water supply to that house they have had to take up the whole of the private road outside my house, which provides access to my parking space and that of my neighbours. When the work commenced the right to my parking space was put in my contract. Am I entitled to any compensation for loss of parking space (and indeed vehicular access to my house)?

Compensation? If it's costing you money to park elsewhere then I guess that point should be made to the landlord.

How long are the works going on for? if its a few days then it's just grin and bear it I would suggest, unless its costing you a packet.

If you are out of a space for longer then fair enough to make a fuss.

HOLA443

Compensation? If it's costing you money to park elsewhere then I guess that point should be made to the landlord.

How long are the works going on for? if its a few days then it's just grin and bear it I would suggest, unless its costing you a packet.

If you are out of a space for longer then fair enough to make a fuss.

You will likely be suffering from noise and dust during the works. No matter if you are at work whilst it goes on, you may have days off or visiting family. You will probably lose green space and or light when the building is complete, and once the new slavebox is rented out or sold closer proximity to neighbours.....and of course the loss of your parking space. Its a lose, lose, lose situation for you. Win win win for the LL. As a renter your life has no value other than to feed the bloated LL class.....so that's OK.

HOLA444
HOLA445

It is not costing me extra but I don't have access to the parking space that I am paying for.

For how long, and how far is your walk? If you are being inconvenienced for 3-4 days and the extra walk is 20 seconds, surely that's not something to throw the toys out of the pram over ....

OTOH it's 3-4 months of major hassle then a complaint is probably in order. Don't know about 'compensation' though, you might want to try one of those firms advertised in the afternoon on ChavTV .....