House Price Crash Forum

You can ADD to an existing index-linked savings certificate!? This is news to me!! I recently bunged £11k into one... would be awesome if I could add more - do you just do it by phone!? And how does that work - will the starting RPI always be that of when you bought the first 'certificate' - or does it get averaged as you buy each month or... or what!?

Thanks!

I do a spreadsheet of my mixed bonds and see which ones are good producers and which ones could be sold.

If you're interested in the previous returns from ILSC's (and how often new issues are made available) then I've had a go on my blog here http://retirementinvestingtoday.blogspot.com/2010/05/ns-index-linked-savings-certificates.html

Thanks guys, much appreciated...

Assuming I just keep aside that one lot I bought.. in year 1 it is the change in RPI from start date + x%.

In year 2 is it the change in RPI from year 1 to year 2 + y%, or from start to year 2 + y%?

Thanks!

EDIT - and good reading again on your website - good stuff!I should really be more disciplined and chart everything out like you guys do.

Edited by guitarman001
Guest absolutezero

EDIT - and good reading again on your website - good stuff!I should really be more disciplined and chart everything out like you guys do.

That's the autism leaking out....

I do it too and I'm definitely autistic. At least that's what the headteacher and the special needs teacher say.

Ive whacked £30k in the 3 and 5 year. I dont care about the rate, i just want to know that Lloyds et al arent rebuildng their balance sheet at my expense.

It really is time for cash savers to grow a pair.

Plus its guaranteed and its tax free.

Bring on the next issue.

Excellent post, I couldn't agree more.

I intend to transfer £30k into these over the next month or so, I'm sick of receiving little return on our savings whilst watching the banks continue to pay themselves bonuses.

If more people did this, it might make them realise that they need savers.

Edited by Boughtin95

Excellent post, I couldn't agree more.

I intend to transfer £30k into these over the next month or so, I'm sick of receiving little return on our savings whilst watching the banks continue to pay themselves bonuses.

If more people did this, it might make them realise that they need savers.

This is all music to my ****.......I am starting to think the dcision to put 50% of my life savings into nsi index bonds 3 years ago was a good move I must admit th 1.35% on top at that time looked pi$$ poor but today looks fine, funny how things change.

If deflation comes them Im happy...if inflation comes then I did what I could...

You mean.... You bought GOLD!?

Oh no not Gold, I purchased peace of mind not a metalic element which is in the final stages of its bubble status.

Gold will have seen to be a good buy if its sold before it goes POP! and value returned to cash.........pop! whoops did u sell soon enough?

Guest absolutezero

Oh no not Gold, I purchased peace of mind not a metalic element which is in the final stages of its bubble status.

Gold will have seen to be a good buy if its sold before it goes POP! and value returned to cash.........pop! whoops did u sell soon enough?

I don't have any... But I do have NS&I index linking certificates.... :lol:

Edited by absolutezero