House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Obscure Televised Sports

I used to love Kabaddi on C4 many, many moons ago...In my youthful exuberance, I wondered "why are they constantly chanting Kabaddi"...

CASTELLS ---> catalonian traditional competitive human-pyramid building. you see this all the time on the telly in barcelona.

the pinnacle of the pyramid is always a small child who is hoisted up last -- and since the pyramids mostly collapse -- usually winds up falling 30+ ft to the ground. great fun.

Guest Skinty

I've always wanted to organise a game of extreme cricket.

Play it on top of a mountain.

Fielding is the most fun as you need to abseil, scramble climb, paraglide, scuba dive etc to get the ball back but organise your team using a radio in order to get it back most efficiently.

Each run is a kilometre long, long enough that each run is a gamble.

You can't leave ropes in place for the next run.

Game can last for days which means you need camping gear with you.

Guest X-QUORK

Fielding is the most fun as you need to abseil, scramble climb, paraglide, scuba dive etc to get the ball back but organise your team using a radio in order to get it back most efficiently.

You mentalist!

Seems rather boring in comparison, but there's been a "Helipad Open" hosted at the Burj Al Arab Hotel...Sort of obscure I suppose..

_40857211_agas_fed_helipad245.jpg

Guest Skinty

The only thing that that could persuade me to play tennis on that thing is the promise of a foursome with Hugh Laurie, Ewan McGregor and Christian Bale if I survive.

Would be interesting flying off with a paraglider although you'd have to be committed to your decision.

Guest anorthosite

The only thing that that could persuade me to play tennis on that thing is the promise of a foursome with Hugh Laurie, Ewan McGregor and Christian Bale if I survive.

You have strange tastes:

stickman.jpg

ba4_3.jpg

No-Trainspotting-2-for-Ewan-McGregor-2.jpg

Guest X-QUORK

Woah there little lady, what happened to our menage a trois with Ewan?

You're risking losing everything we could've been...it was going to be beautiful.

I'm not sure I like the words 'run' and 'on top of a mountain' in the same sentence ...

'What can you expect when kids have access to Virtua Stareout 4 and the like on the Xbox? Children nowadays would rather play the simulation than go face to face with a friend in real life like I did.

As a stareout umpire of some standing I find it depressing that the UK, once pre-eminent in the sport, has dropped so low in world rankings. I doubt that we will ever recover.'

I used to love Kabaddi on C4 many, many moons ago...In my youthful exuberance, I wondered "why are they constantly chanting Kabaddi"...

Agreed, what ever happened to transworld sports?

Is it not still on at some obscure hour? :unsure:

They have had (up to pretty recently) a multi-sports show, voiced by David "Kid" Jensen, I think on C4. I used to get up early on Saturday mornings especially for TWS. I think it used to start at 7am.

I believe that Kabaddi used to be shown live on sunday afternoons, if I'm not mistaken..(I probably am)..

check out red bull freeride mountain biking on you tube (sorry unable to add).

Literally just people riding bikes off cliffs