House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Can Some Look At This Rightmove Link Please

Can you take a look at this link please and let me know your thoughts.

It is a link to houses which have come on the market within 3 miles of me within the last 24 hours - or, rather, listed on RM in the last 24 hours.

Several of the photos have 'STC' photoshopped onto them so I assume that these are houses which are being re-listed after their sales have fallen through. Why would you pay for the cost of putting a house on RM if it has already sold?

Or am I missing something?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^2268&insId=1&radius=3.0&displayPropertyType=&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&retirement=&partBuyPartRent=&maxDaysSinceAdded=1&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&x=24&y=8&sortByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType=&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false

It is a link to houses which have come on the market within 3 miles of me within the last 24 hours - or, rather, listed on RM in the last 24 hours.

Several of the photos have 'STC' photoshopped onto them so I assume that these are houses which are being re-listed after their sales have fallen through. Why would you pay for the cost of putting a house on RM if it has already sold?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^2268&insId=1&radius=3.0&displayPropertyType=&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&retirement=&partBuyPartRent=&maxDaysSinceAdded=1&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&x=24&y=8&sortByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType=&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false

I think that the property bee "initial entry found" date is the date that somebody with property bee first looked at the listing, so it's possible that these properties were listed a few days ago and sold quickly before somebody with property bee had viewed the listing. Having said that, for a built up area like Swansea i'd be suprised that nobody had viewed the properties before today, so it may just be EA's showing off that they've sold properties (trying to make themselves look good to drum up business)

I don't think EAs pay per property on RM. They pay a per branch subscription, which covers unlimited listings.

I suspect what's going on, is that the EA is trying to get sellers interested. If they flood RM with loads of properties with 'sale agreed' or STC - then a potential vendor might see that when assessing the market in their region, and it may help shape their opinion on how good the EAs are at selling.

If the property never even listed on RM for marketing purposes (e.g. It can take days or weeks to list/remove properties, depending on how competent the person dealing with the RM listings is), then it doesn't really matter.

Yes, most of them are from the same EA who seems to have uploaded them in the past 24 hours - which is the search I did.

I will pop in there and ask them about those properties as a couple I do not recall seeing on the market even though I have been going in there weekly.

It could also be, as you say, trying to impress by showing that they are selling houses.

I don't think many in Swansea use property bee - 2 years ago there were about 4 or 5 people regularly using property bee so when you went on RM you would see the prices from the PB database. Sadly, sign of the times, I think I am the only person in Swansea who now uses property bee and searches RM - and I only began again about 4 weeks ago. I think all the others bought in the end.

Er - have you got the "include properties sold subject to contract" box ticked??

Yes - but my point is that they were not listed in the previous days so why stick up a STC house in the past 24 hours.

I think that the property bee "initial entry found" date is the date that somebody with property bee first looked at the listing, so it's possible that these properties were listed a few days ago and sold quickly before somebody with property bee had viewed the listing. Having said that, for a built up area like Swansea i'd be suprised that nobody had viewed the properties before today, so it may just be EA's showing off that they've sold properties (trying to make themselves look good to drum up business)

not if they're showing as listed in the last 24 hours, as TMT pointed out.

The agent has re-listed his entire inventory. It goes on all the time. Nothing new. Happens regularly around my way - certain agents make a habit of it.

Suspect it is a bit of that also.

Well this is a strange co-incidence, because whilst doing my normal daily property bee check, on 21st June, I noticed exactly the same thing, but in a completely different area to your search.

At first I waa extremely puzzled as to why so many places had suddenly sold, because practically nothing has been selling recently for my searches, but then I realised all these solds were with this same "Robin King" agency. I have never seen this happen during any of my search areas before.

Here, it is,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Weston-Super-Mare.html?maxDaysSinceAdded=3&radius=5.0&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

not if they're showing as listed in the last 24 hours, as TMT pointed out.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. what I'm trying to say is that the date that property bee shows as the "initial entry found" is literally when property bee found the listing. This isn't necessarily the day it was listed on rightmove. For example If a house was listed on rightmove on June 16th, but the first search to include the listing by a property bee user was on June 20th, then the "initial entry found" date will be June 20th.

This is based on the assumption that the property bee database is only actively updated when users search listings, rather than through some sort of central update

I don't think many in Swansea use property bee - 2 years ago there were about 4 or 5 people regularly using property bee so when you went on RM you would see the prices from the PB database. Sadly, sign of the times, I think I am the only person in Swansea who now uses property bee and searches RM - and I only began again about 4 weeks ago. I think all the others bought in the end.

Or maybe they've uninstalled PB. I've come close to that recently, as I keep on having an "unresponsive script" error message, with the PB script tying up Firefox on a reload from hibernate.

db