House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

'phantom Treefeller' Cuts Down 40Ft Protected Pine That Was Blocking Stunning Sea Views

'Phantom treefeller' cuts down 40ft protected pine that was blocking stunning sea views

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288899/Phantom-Dorset-treefeller-cuts-40ft-protected-pine-blocking-sea-views.html#ixzz0rgIezt18

I wonder if this is people wanting a better seaview or people up to their eyeballs in debt needing to maximise the value or the properties they are now ebing forced to sell?

Wouldn't the phantom be the person who now has a sea view? Just a thought.

all people in their 50s - don't give a sh*t about preserving beautiful things like old trees for future generations.

Well if the maximum fine of £20,000 but can add tens of thousands to a property's "value", then it's a no-brainer for these hardworking families.

Harbour view. Because you're worth it.

all people in their 50s - don't give a sh*t about preserving beautiful things like old trees for future generations.

Trees are more beautiful than houses.....say a house spoils a view, knock it down...what if they built a wall to replace the tree, until the new one grows. ;)

Typical boomer tree. Sits there sucking up all the goodness from the ground denying other saplings. Hogging all the land around it. I'm glad someone chopped it down.

Typical boomer tree. Sits there sucking up all the goodness from the ground denying other saplings. Hogging all the land around it. I'm glad someone chopped it down.

You wouldn't be if you were sitting in it.

Just a word of warning about tree protection orders. If you are thinking of removing a dangerous or nuisance tree, don't ever contact the council to enquire about tree preservation orders. If you need to do work on a tree, you need to personally conduct a search of the records - don't ask the council to do the check for you.

I know of a couple of cases where someone had a problem tree and wanted to get rid of it. He phoned the council to see if a TPO existed. Answer came back 'no' - definitely no TPO. You're good to arrange the work.

60 minutes later, a man from the council drives up to his property and hand delivers a TPO.

In the other case, there was no tree - a guy simply called up the council about a fictitious tree. Same thing happened, the same day, a TPO was hand delivered - when the council worker couldn't find the tree, he reported back the council - who then tried to prosecute on the basis, that the TPO had been instituted within minutes after the phone call, and that the TPO must have been in effect at the time the tree was removed. I think the coucil eventually caved in, when the enquirer admitted there had been a 'mistake'.

It all seems very fishy to me. People that want to remove a tree simply go and ring it, cut the bark all the way around. Even easier is to inject a syringe of RoundUp. Once the tree is dead, it has to be felled. It is always funny when you see chainsaws as weapons in games. They are so heavy they are not easy to swing and you certainly could not catch anyone if they ran away. This raises the question of why this guy was unable to catch the person carrying the chainsaw.

Don't you get problems after you cut such big trees down? Their roots die and the spoaces they leave can undermine things.

Look at it, it is not a big tree. A cheapo saw with an 18" bar would down that in under a minute.

Edited by thod

One of the greatest disappointments of my childhood was that I was denied a tree house.

were you going to rent it out to a professional couple?

A wise man once said:

"As an old acorn is a great tree so are the acorns waiting to be." Far Ting 357BC

Guest Skinty

A wise man once said:

"As an old acorn is a great tree so are the acorns waiting to be." Far Ting 357BC

Didn't say that at all.

He would have said it in ancient chinese.

your normal, obsessive, envy of greytops, garbage.

Hopefully you will live to be a greytop, then see how you enjoy being the constant target of a jealous youngster.

You refuse to accept that not all older folks actually own property.

Infact, how can we find any factual statistic that confirms home ownership as a % of an age group, ie. 60 years old (young).

I think its something in our blood. Britain used to be covered in trees, then they all got cut down. Now people do the same to concrete over their front gardens, and councils do the same for 'elf and safety.

Personally i think trees give even the drabbest street a leafy upmarket feel - I part understand its to get more light, but its the UK and 95% of the time its grey skies anyway - id rather look at trees than grey skies.

your normal, obsessive, envy of greytops, garbage.

Hopefully you will live to be a greytop, then see how you enjoy being the constant target of a jealous youngster.

You refuse to accept that not all older folks actually own property.

Infact, how can we find any factual statistic that confirms home ownership as a % of an age group, ie. 60 years old (young).

I was part taking the p*ss out of my own repeated rantings - I know I was being daft and there are also vandals in other age groups!

Just a word of warning about tree protection orders. If you are thinking of removing a dangerous or nuisance tree, don't ever contact the council to enquire about tree preservation orders. If you need to do work on a tree, you need to personally conduct a search of the records - don't ask the council to do the check for you.

I know of a couple of cases where someone had a problem tree and wanted to get rid of it. He phoned the council to see if a TPO existed. Answer came back 'no' - definitely no TPO. You're good to arrange the work.

60 minutes later, a man from the council drives up to his property and hand delivers a TPO.

In the other case, there was no tree - a guy simply called up the council about a fictitious tree. Same thing happened, the same day, a TPO was hand delivered - when the council worker couldn't find the tree, he reported back the council - who then tried to prosecute on the basis, that the TPO had been instituted within minutes after the phone call, and that the TPO must have been in effect at the time the tree was removed. I think the coucil eventually caved in, when the enquirer admitted there had been a 'mistake'.

+1 etc...

I lost 25% of the value of a property in the 90's due to a council tree being too close to the property, and subsidence.

I'd be surprised if they were offering odds.

article-1288899-0A29414E000005DC-15.jpg

Is that the new health and safety eye-wear?? Telling you - gone mad it has, too late to do anything about it now as well, suck it up. Get with the mad guy. Get wood.