House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Rightmove Property Alert To End

Here at rightmove we want to create a more efficient and user friendly service for you to be able to see the price reduced properties in your area.

Therefore our last publication will be the 30th June, so we can concentrate on making these important and exiting changes.

In the meantime, we still have a few ways to keep youup to date with all the latest properties available in your area...

It was fairly pointless. I don't want to see properties in the North West - I want to see properties in my area. Maybe it worked for big investors looking over a wide area - but for most people I don't think it was niche enough.

Here at rightmove we want to create a more efficient and user friendly service for you to be able to see the price reduced properties in your area.

Therefore our last publication will be the 30th June, so we can concentrate on making these important and exiting changes.

In the meantime, we still have a few ways to keep youup to date with all the latest properties available in your area...

It was fairly pointless. I don't want to see properties in the North West - I want to see properties in my area. Maybe it worked for big investors looking over a wide area - but for most people I don't think it was niche enough.

As far as I can tell, the "Added to site" search parameter is now being compared against a date modified field rather than a date created as I'm sure it used to be. This makes it a lot easier to do a daily / weekly check for reduced properties in your area if you've property bee installed. Also, comparing against past sold prices can be simplified with the propertychimp greasemonkey plugin which adds a houseprices.co.uk lookup, now that more rightmove address fields are including a house number.