House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Frank Skinner Lost Millions After Investing In Aig

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/7843519/Frank-Skinner-lost-millions-after-investing-in-AIG.html

The TV and radio presenter was forced to re-evaluate his life when a substantial chunk of his wealth was wiped out as the insurer recorded massive losses.

Recalling the experience on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, he said: "I was a victim of the credit crunch. I had been persuaded by my personal bankers that AIG was a very, very safe place to put my life savings.

I know that Clarkson has lost a large chunk of money in AIG as well.

Now if you compare the AIG farce to what's happening with BP. AIG loses got a pay out but it was no where near 100% of the value they had on paper with the company. The US govt basically told them to get fooked, unless of course they where goldman et al then you got 100% payouts.

Then we have BP who so far it would seem are going to be on the hook for 100% of lost income in the gulf area, and everyone who can will be claiming.

I wonder if the company was American Petroleum whether they would be facing making up 100% of lost income? I mean if your a hotel owner how can you say what your income would have been if it wasn't for the oil spill legitimately you might have been going bust now all of a sudden you can ignore the wider economic reality and prove what a booming success you had a peak and claim that's your lost income.

I had been persuaded by my personal bankers that AIG was a very, very safe place to put my life savings.

Asking a banker for financial advice is a little like asking Harold Shipman for advice on how to care for your grandparents.

Lesson learned eh Frank?

I like the guy's humour, but can't over look the fact that he is a massive Labour/Brown supporter - so I only felt a slight surge of Schad.

I like the guy's humour, but can't over look the fact that he is a massive Labour/Brown supporter - so I only felt a slight surge of Schad.

Was it him or his mate that owned up to having a massive Pron stash?

Not only does he exercise poor judgement with investments but he is a broke vvanker as well

He should have taken out some insurance.

I've never found the man funny. Well, no funnier than anyone you'd meet at a pub on a Saturday night.

On the other hand, if I was a `City` type, I`d now consider getting some hostage-survival training as I can see kidnapping becoming a growth industry (not that I approve of kidnapping, mind you).

That only works if anybody wants 'em back.

I doubt even their families would give a tuppenny ******.

You could joint 'em and salt 'em down for the winter, maybe?

I really like him [based on his TV persona], a very funny man IMO.

His career earnings were, I suppose, roughly on a par with a successful [albeit not stellar] Goldman lifer.

I can't help feel that both his level of talent and contribution to society were rather greater.

Edited by the flying pig

I really like him [based on his TV persona], a very funny man IMO.

His career earnings were, I suppose, roughly on a par with a successful [albeit not stellar] Goldman lifer.

I can't help feel that both his level of talent and contribution to society were rather greater.

I dunno - I bet he voted PFZANULABIA in a few elections - and encouraged other even weaker minded fools to do the same.

That makes him a drain on society to start with.

I know a few people that used to work for Frank Skinner. They'd probably say this is karma for being one of the biggest ******** on the comedy circuit.

I know a few people that used to work for Frank Skinner. They'd probably say this is karma for being one of the biggest ******** on the comedy circuit.

Noo! I can't believe that, he seems like a decent bloke. I read his autobiography and didn't get the impression that he'd step on the little guy at all, quite the opposite.

Noo! I can't believe that, he seems like a decent bloke. I read his autobiography and didn't get the impression that he'd step on the little guy at all, quite the opposite.

Has he given up the drink? Never trust a tea totaller....