House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daniel stallion

The Off-Topic Budget

Thread for OT posse to discuss the budget (the main forum has already attracted some of the more obtuse posters).

My first question would be:

Labour keep telling us that we have to resist spending cuts to ensure economic growth as economic growth is the only way to reduce the deficit*. Whist I understand the logic - if that is true, why is it that the deficit has grown at an incredible rate during significant growth over the last decade or so? Can anyone explain how Labour account for that?

* But that they know cuts are required .....

Thread for OT posse to discuss the budget (the main forum has already attracted some of the more obtuse posters).

Labour keep telling us that we have to resist spending cuts to ensure economic growth as economic growth is the only way to reduce the deficit*. Whist I understand the logic - if that is true, why is it that the deficit has grown at an incredible rate during significant growth over the last decade or so? Can anyone explain how Labour account for that?

I DEMAND you drop this political rubbish and discuss titz , dr who ,titz , Mr Parry's parentage , titz and quorky's avatar immediately

It's a tragic budget. The 'banking levy' isn't even a parking ticket on the excesses of the city. They could have done more with CGT to punish rampant property speculation that draws money from the real economy, and dramatically increases living costs making society frankly non-functional. So those who helped create the debt bubble have got off lightly.

They have capped housing benefit but then housing benefit has only grown as the state has agreed to pay BTL slumlords the 'market rate', ironically sustaining that market rate - hopefully rents will now fall.

VAT rise - massive tax on the poor and average. Regressive. Crappy.

Raising the tax threashold - good, but the working poor will be clobbered by VAT so who cares?

Cider tax abolished. Good.

Not quite as brutal as I thought it would be. I was most surprised he left the booze and fags alone.

Being a cynic I'm guessing that they wont leave booze alone - but they will hide the tax hike under the guise of following the advice of some committee regarding the cost of cheap booze and its impact on society.

Guest Noodle

How did this pollution seep into the OT?

I need an assessment of contaminant, volume released and surface currents then a press conference for 2pm.

Not quite as brutal as I thought it would be. I was most surprised he left the booze and fags alone.

Me too. Indeed he reverse the increase in cider duty that was due. I can't imagine that George Osbourne is a cider drinker - maybe Vince Cable?

Guest Noodle

Me too. Indeed he reverse the increase in cider duty that was due. I can't imagine that George Osbourne is a cider drinker - maybe Vince Cable?

It'll be about local growers.

Now. Watch for import tariff increases by next year.

I think a good few of the Lib Dem MPs are from the West Country

Guest theboltonfury

Did anyone else here have an erection when Harriet got all angry in response?

No? Anyone?

Guest theboltonfury

SALACIOUS

Yes I did.

That's alright then. I was beginning to think I was odd.

Yep.. that caught my eye too.

I was surprised that public sector cuts were as high as 25% over 4 years.. then realised that it was REAL cuts.. which made slightly more sense.

Wasn't surprised that they watered down the CGT proposal. Like all bitter pills.. make out it'll be terrible.. then people are much less miffed when it turns out to only be quite bad.

Good start though IMHO :)

Guest X-QUORK

Did anyone else here have an erection when Harriet got all angry in response?

No? Anyone?

She made me shout "SLAG" in my car on the way home.

Guest theboltonfury

That's odd. I was also shouting 'slag' when she was on screen.

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually shouted 'oh ****** off' at the top of my voice when she was on ... then heard the sound of youngsters playing next door through all the open windows ... followed by muttering and tutting adults.

Well fag and booze man is sitting just a little way along the bench

My roguishness is transient.

Did I upset you?

No, it made me laugh last week and I came across it whilst trawling google cache for the fav boobs thread. Incidentally the thread I've linked to was deleted too but google cache saves the day

The Libs and Cons said they would not touch DLA if electected, Only Labour was straight about it. Lucky they shouted merry hell about Bus passes and heating allowence. "Liebour". The colalition have only been in a couple of months and they've had three major sleezes and two big fat fibs. Now we have a tin of p*ss for a budget.

No, it made me laugh last week and I came across it whilst trawling google cache for the fav boobs thread. Incidentally the thread I've linked to was deleted too but google cache saves the day

:lol: Ha ha, fair enough!

In the interests of salaciousness and to keep the tone down I've edited your post childishly.