House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

The Oldest Swinger In Town

Where does one go out for a 'youthful' good time as one gets older? I'm over 30 now but over the past year I have occassionally been going to a club I frequented as a 18/19 yo and yes, unfortunately its still full of 18/19 yos. My mates and I go because the drinks are cheap and we like the type of music played but I feel completely out of place. Old, fattening and thinning in all the wrong places, a husband, a father feels like being on a different planet to hundreds of young students.

I realise I must, reluctantly, give it up but I don't want to leave it behind completely. what does one do instead?

Guest Noodle

Where does one go out for a 'youthful' good time as one gets older? I'm over 30 now but over the past year I have occassionally been going to a club I frequented as a 18/19 yo and yes, unfortunately its still full of 18/19 yos. My mates and I go because the drinks are cheap and we like the type of music played but I feel completely out of place. Old, fattening and thinning in all the wrong places, a husband, a father feels like being on a different planet to hundreds of young students.

I realise I must, reluctantly, give it up but I don't want to leave it behind completely. what does one do instead?

Join the bowls club? :huh:

Join the bowls club? :huh:

eggsactly, where's the middle ground? I want to go out drinikng and dancing all night to music I like but not look out of place not look for some retirement hobbies.

Guest Noodle

eggsactly, where's the middle ground? I want to go out drinikng and dancing all night to music I like but not look out of place not look for some retirement hobbies.

You need to find a grab-a-granny nightclub. There are nightspots which attract older people.

Frankly, it's my idea of hell and I'd rather do a go-go crawl round Patters (awful).

What's brought this on do you think?

Last Friday I watched a drunken, randy chav trying to pull a 65 year old + granny on the dancefloor of the local Ritzy type establishment. It was quite gross but I couldn't help myself from observing the strange courtship ritual from a safe distance.

Guest Noodle

Last Friday I watched a drunken, randy chav trying to pull a 65 year old + granny on the dancefloor of the local Ritzy type establishment. It was quite gross but I couldn't help myself from observing the strange courtship ritual from a safe distance.

:lol:

You should have said hello.

You need to find a grab-a-granny nightclub. There are nightspots which attract older people.

Frankly, it's my idea of hell and I'd rather do a go-go crawl round Patters (awful).

What's brought this on do you think?

That's not the look I'm going for. I just want to do the same thing I was doing when I was young now I'm not so young. Not become some sort of parody of myself at that age.

Guest Noodle

That's not the look I'm going for. I just want to do the same thing I was doing when I was young now I'm not so young. Not become some sort of parody of myself at that age.

Well, you're probably attending the only suitable venues now.

Have you considered lipo?

Guest theboltonfury

My best mate and I go to the Dam.

A mate that used to come stopped as he thought we were knocking on. He calls us Parfitt and Rossi.

I rarely go out locally these days, and when I do, I usually drink in wine bar type places.

I rarely go out locally these days, and when I do, I usually drink in wine bar type places.

I rarely go out but I'll be damned if I'm resorting to tapping my toes and quaffing champers in a wine bar.

I 'grew up' in Manchester indie dives and still feel most comfortable there, well apart from being 10 years older than the majority of the clientele.

ERE YOU LOOKIN AT MY BIRD??

Was doing more than look at er !!

Guest theboltonfury

I rarely go out but I'll be damned if I'm resorting to tapping my toes and quaffing champers in a wine bar.

I 'grew up' in Manchester indie dives and still feel most comfortable there, well apart from being 10 years older than the majority of the clientele.

I went to fifth av a few years ago. I'm 33 now so must have been 28.

I didn't feel out of place there. They played my sort of music, 90's Britpop and I ******ing loved it.

Guest Noodle

bought a bike instead

trek7.3fx.jpg

awaiting delivery

Well done, these are my two.

Thailand - Mongoose Sport

2010MongooseTyaxSport.jpg

UK - Muddyfox Annihilator

2671759184_dfd3d665a9.jpg

How about you join a cycle club instead? I think you're being awfully silly passing your money across the bar like this. :P

I went to fifth av a few years ago. I'm 33 now so must have been 28.

I didn't feel out of place there. They played my sort of music, 90's Britpop and I ******ing loved it.

I keep going to 42s up by Deansgate and I ******ing love it too for the same reason. I've not been to 5th Av in years but spent many nights there in the late 90s. Even though drinks were only £1 we still drank Newkie(sp?) Brown as it was better value :D

How about you join a cycle club instead? I think you're being awfully silly passing your money across the bar like this. :P

The pink suits you and no you're not turning this into another bike thread.

Guest theboltonfury

I keep going to 42s up by Deansgate and I ******ing love it too for the same reason. I've not been to 5th Av in years but spent many nights there in the late 90s. Even though drinks were only £1 we still drank Newkie(sp?) Brown as it was better value :D

The DJ is in a cage. Says all you need to know.

Guest Noodle

The pink suits you and no you're not turning this into another bike thread.

:lol:

You're looking for something new, can't find it, harking back to the old instead thinking it will bring you the same joy it did in 1993. It won't.

Hobbies! Individually and in groups.

I'm currently designing a house for a wealthy Thai friend, doing full 3D renderings, it looks awful in my opinion but it's what he (or his Missus) wants. Only using SketchUp Pro.

The cooking thing, we've covered that and I'll be checking in with you again in a week on that. As you know.

Cycling. I suspect that bike will still be 'as new' in 3 years time.

Or . . . we can do what we always do which is talk shite at each other for days on here.

I beleive Mick Jagger is an avid road cyclist.

So maybe NoodleHeed Parry is onto something...

What happened to that Nicky Haslam chap? He was still clubbing it from what I could tell well into his 60s. Give him a call. :lol:

Otherwise its jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzz, piano bars and the Savoy grill for you.

The DJ is in a cage. Says all you need to know.

I think he was always in a cage. They refurbed it in 1999-2000 and it was never quite the same.

Guest Noodle

I beleive Mick Jagger is an avid road cyclist.

So maybe NoodleHeed Parry is onto something...

If/when I return, I shall start a cycle club for fatties. Yes fatties, with those with heart conditions tailing in the rear. None competitive, enjoyment of scenic rides with a CRASH cart in an old Transit driven by a struck off Doctor at the end of a mobile.

Have you lot lived very hard lives or what?

at 33, I could have passed for early 20s easily.

Not that I would have wanted to.

OP, move on or go for the lipo like Noodlemeister says...