House Price Crash Forum

The Favourite Type Of Spread Thread

Guest Skinty

HOLA441

I wish I liked peanut butter as it sounds like a great way to reduce my sugar intake and have a store of energy that releases slowly through the day. But it's too nutty. You can also buy organic peanut butter. I don't mind salted peanuts though. Maybe I should try it with chilli sauce?

And lashings of jam !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest Noodle

I wish I liked peanut butter as it sounds like a great way to reduce my sugar intake and have a store of energy that releases slowly through the day. But it's too nutty. You can also buy organic peanut butter. I don't mind salted peanuts though. Maybe I should try it with chilli sauce?

That's done it!

I've been eyeing a big jar of JIF in Makro for the past year. Hopefully not the same one. Have resisted so far due to the immense price of this item.

It's darn well goin' in that cart next time round.

HOLA443
Guest X-QUORK

It's darn well goin' in that cart next time round.

This could be the undoing of your 150 cals a day diet.

HOLA444
Guest Noodle

This could be the undoing of your 150 cals a day diet.

Yes, I need a little energy right now, been eating better since mmm...beer emailed and gave me both barrels.

HOLA445
Guest Skinty

I can't read anything you write without thinking it's some sort of filth-laden euphamism. I'm not sure if that's my fault or yours.

You know, I was really trying with this thread. I even resisted Reck B's comment about NZ marmite tasting like **** and asking whether he knew from experience. It's not easy you know. I just have to take every day as it comes. I accept that, but please be supportive while I try and break this terrible affliction.

It's not easy having a predilection towards filth-laden euphemisms.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Skinty

Yes, I need a little energy right now, been eating better since mmm...beer emailed and gave me both barrels.

Must ... resist ...

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest X-QUORK

You know, I was really trying with this thread. I even resisted Reck B's comment about NZ marmite tasting like **** and asking whether he knew from experience. It's not easy you know. I just have to take every day as it comes. I accept that, but please be supportive while I try and break this terrible affliction.

It's not easy having a predilection towards filth-laden euphemisms.

Only too happy to support you Skinty, I know a nice little Travel Lodge near Stockport, should be about half way?.

Edit: Actually, maybe Penrith.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Not content with the cottage-cheese/marmite combo, I think peanut butter goes well on toast with marmite, too -- smashing fix of enormous savoury-ness.

She did end up sending you a pic of her norks then?

Norks? :unsure:

I need to live in the Victorian era where I belong! ;)

HOLA4414
Guest Mrs Bradley

I have to say that Green & Blacks Chocolate spread does it for me. Absolutely scrummy on warm toast. Although I am having trouble finding it in the shops at the moment.

I try to only eat organic food but my non-organic indulgence is Roses Lemon & Lime marmalade.

Mmm. I like that too.biggrin.gif

HOLA4415
Guest Mrs Bradley

I like Peanut butter. It IS useful in losing weight as it does sustain you for longer - apart from being a healthy oil.

You csn buy it smooth y'know, and why not try it with a smear of Roses L&L.wink.gif

HOLA4416
Guest X-QUORK

You csn buy it smooth y'know, and why not try it with a smear of Roses L&L.

That sounds terrible, but no doubt it tastes great.

HOLA4417

One of the girls in my place of 'work' has a little sidleine business making potted preserves , spreads etc - she makes a chillie jam - it is simply the most moreish spread i have ever stolen out of the work fridge.

HOLA4418
Guest X-QUORK

One of the girls in my place of 'work' has a little sidleine business making potted preserves , spreads etc - she makes a chillie jam - it is simply the most moreish spread i have ever stolen out of the work fridge.

A word of caution: she might be grooming you to become her chilli jam whore.

Just saying, that's all.

HOLA4419

I'm such a sad OCD mofo that I have cereal every day for brekkie; and either beans or soup for lunch. Suffice it to say that doesn't leave much room for spreads, conserves and confection.

Had I the time, inclination and free-spirit I would settle with Nutella on thick sliced white toast.

HOLA4420
Guest Skinty

I have a whole greenhouse full of pepper and chilli plants at the moment. I wasn't expecting any of them to grow but I am becoming hopeful that I might get a crop out of them.

This does mean though that I will have more chillis than I know what to do with. A chilli preserve could be good, especially with peanut butter.

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK

This does mean though that I will have more chillis than I know what to do with.

Just dry them out, they'll keep you going for years.

HOLA4422

I have a whole greenhouse full of pepper and chilli plants at the moment. I wasn't expecting any of them to grow but I am becoming hopeful that I might get a crop out of them.

This does mean though that I will have more chillis than I know what to do with. A chilli preserve could be good, especially with peanut butter.

Ooh, I love chillies; just pop 'em all in a large Jiffy bag and i'll take care of it from this end.

HOLA4423

I'm a big fan of the Vegemite me, though I think it's similar enough to marmite for them to be indistinguishable. I'm going to conduct an experiment by bringing back some Vegemite and comparing the two I think.

Can take or leave Bovril as a spread but hot Bovril is the way forward on a winters day.

I perceive a big difference between marmite and vegemite, the latter being blander and lacking ther subtlety, if one can use that word of marmite :)

HOLA4424
Guest Noodle

I perceive a big difference between marmite and vegemite, the latter being blander and lacking ther subtlety, if one can use that word of marmite :)

Own brand Yeast Extract. Asda. Addictive.

HOLA4425

Or you could dry them and string them up...very pretty. ;)

SF15-4804.jpg?size=l

Archived