House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Skinty

The Favourite Type Of Spread Thread

Guest Skinty

I have to say that Green & Blacks Chocolate spread does it for me. Absolutely scrummy on warm toast. Although I am having trouble finding it in the shops at the moment.

I try to only eat organic food but my non-organic indulgence is Roses Lemon & Lime marmalade.

I have to say that Green & Blacks Chocolate spread does it for me. Absolutely scrummy on warm toast. Although I am having trouble finding it in the shops at the moment.

I try to only eat organic food but my non-organic indulgence is Roses Lemon & Lime marmalade.

I like a good legs spread

Guest X-QUORK

Marmite is the crystal meth of spreads. I keep trying to branch out, to widen my "spread" horizon...but after a while I find myself guiltily reaching for that pot of black happiness again, back into the arms of an old lover who knows what I need.

Marmite is the crystal meth of spreads. I keep trying to branch out, to widen my "spread" horizon...but after a while I find myself guiltily reaching for that pot of black happiness again, back into the arms of an old lover who knows what I need.

dark dark brown and sticky?

Guest X-QUORK

Oh yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

Guest Skinty

They say you either love or hate marmite but for me it's a "meh". I have a pot I occassionally dip into.

I would love to have some savoury spreads. I am aware that it's too easy to consume way too much sugar but all the savoury spreads I see in the shops, except marmite, look to me as if they are full of rubbish.

Guest X-QUORK

I sometimes get Bovril too, but some would argue that Bovril's not really a spread at all, and ultimately it's just not as good as Marmite.

How does that Vegemite stuff hold up KD?

I do like Marmite a lot, but it's so expensive. The bigger jars are around £5! :o

Here's what may sound like an odd combo, but I promise it's wonderful...

Marmite and cottage cheese on toast. The brown, salty goodness of the Marmite and the cool, creaminess of the cottage cheese... De-licious!

Guest Noodle

I do like Marmite a lot, but it's so expensive. The bigger jars are around £5! :o

Here's what may sound like an odd combo, but I promise it's wonderful...

Marmite and cottage cheese on toast. The brown, salty goodness of the Marmite and the cool, creaminess of the cottage cheese... De-licious!

Asda. Own brand Yeast Extract. Way cheaper and I prefer it.

There you go.

They say you either love or hate marmite but for me it's a "meh". I have a pot I occassionally dip into.

I would love to have some savoury spreads. I am aware that it's too easy to consume way too much sugar but all the savoury spreads I see in the shops, except marmite, look to me as if they are full of rubbish.

They are spot on as far as I am concerned - I consider it to be the most evil substance that has ever been conceived. I absolutely loathe it . The worst thing about it is that people who love the diabolical violation of nature always seem to eat it at their desk first thing in the morning - on warm toast that causes the repelling stench to ooze upwards and through the office on a bed of warm, stained air.

Quite seriously one lady that worked in our office used to have it all the time - it quite genuinely made me heave. I used to go elsewhere until the foul air had cleared but eventually had to request that she find alternative arrangements - she thought that I was being totally unreasonable.

When she mentioned it was yeast extract I said "what, thrush in a jar?" - that did put her off it for a few weeks.

Guest Skinty

They are spot on as far as I am concerned - I consider it to be the most evil substance that has ever been conceived. I absolutely loathe it . The worst thing about it is that people who love the diabolical violation of nature always seem to eat it at their desk first thing in the morning - on warm toast that causes the repelling stench to ooze through upwards on a bed of warm, stained air.

Sounds like me and the smell of mushrooms.

I once worked at a place where someone would go out to McDonalds every lunch time and bring the stuff back leaving the air stale and greasy.

Guest Noodle

They are spot on as far as I m concerned - I consider it to be the most evil substance that has ever been conceived. I absolutely loathe it . The worst thing about it is that people who love the diabolical violation of nature always seem to eat it at their desk first thing in the morning - on warm toast that causes the repelling stench to ooze through upwards on a bed of warm, stained air.

Quite seriously one lady that worked in our office used to have it all the time - it quite genuinely make me heave. I used to go elsewhere until the foul air had cleared but eventually had to request that she find alternative arrangements - she thought that I was being totally unreasonable.

When she mentioned it was yeast extract I said "what, thrush in a jar?" - that did put her off it for a few weeks.

One can develop an addiction to the stuff. I went to Travis Perkins once and purchased a plastering lathe just to apply it to Rivita.

Sounds like me and the smell of mushrooms.

I once worked at a place where someone would go out to McDonalds every lunch time and bring the stuff back leaving the air stale and greasy.

Snap.

Mushrooms are an abomination.

The worst thing about those little nuggets of Satan's toe scrapings, is that a lot of people can't come to terms with the fact you dislike them, as if you are being utterly unreasonable.

Guest Noodle

Snap.

Mushrooms are an abomination.

The worst thing about those little nuggets of Satan's toe scrapings, is that a lot of people can't come to terms with the fact you dislike them, as if you are being utterly unreasonable.

Tinned mushrooms. Not pleasant creatures. Can't see an application for them.

Guest X-QUORK

Peanut butter and a good curried vegetable chutney. Weird but good.

Sort of a Satay hit?

Tinned mushrooms. Not pleasant creatures. Can't see an application for them.

Useful survival food. No temptation to eat them until you are genuinely starving and the dog food is finished.

Guest Noodle

Useful survival food. No temptation to eat them until you are genuinely starving and the dog food is finished.

Old woman loves 'em. Dunno, they eat insects so go figure . . .

Marmite, Bovril, Primula cheese spread, Gentleman's Relish. Basically if it's incredibly salty , I love it. Oh and honey and Roses Lime Shred for pudding. Also Jif Peanut Butter (an American brand) it's lovely.

I tried some New Zealand "marmite" once....Whats all that about?

It tastes like ar5e!

I sometimes get Bovril too, but some would argue that Bovril's not really a spread at all, and ultimately it's just not as good as Marmite.

How does that Vegemite stuff hold up KD?

I'm a big fan of the Vegemite me, though I think it's similar enough to marmite for them to be indistinguishable. I'm going to conduct an experiment by bringing back some Vegemite and comparing the two I think.

Can take or leave Bovril as a spread but hot Bovril is the way forward on a winters day.

I'm a big fan of the Vegemite me, though I think it's similar enough to marmite for them to be indistinguishable. I'm going to conduct an experiment by bringing back some Vegemite and comparing the two I think.

Can take or leave Bovril as a spread but hot Bovril is the way forward on a winters day.

Vegemite definitely tastes different, less salty, more pungent and.... vegetably.

Guest Skinty

I wish I liked peanut butter as it sounds like a great way to reduce my sugar intake and have a store of energy that releases slowly through the day. But it's too nutty. You can also buy organic peanut butter. I don't mind salted peanuts though. Maybe I should try it with chilli sauce?

Guest X-QUORK

I wish I liked peanut butter as it sounds like a great way to reduce my sugar intake and have a store of energy that releases slowly through the day. But it's too nutty. You can also buy organic peanut butter. I don't mind salted peanuts though. Maybe I should try it with chilli sauce?

I can't read anything you write without thinking it's some sort of filth-laden euphamism. I'm not sure if that's my fault or yours.