House Price Crash Forum

England World Cup Insomnia

juvenal

HOLA441
HOLA442

Anyone expecting no sleep tonight worrying about the match result tomorrow?

Walking the floor, gnawing the knuckles etc?

What's the remedy?

Go to bed and try to think of the last time Wayne Rooney played really well for England - well enough to be considered one of the best players in the world.

Or, imagine taking penalties - seriously - imagine yourself taking penalties at Wembley.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The match is Wednesday afternoon, yes. I'm not losing sleep over it, but I do think it looks a lot more interesting since all the bust ups today.

They might turn it around I suppose, but it's more likely they'll get beat. I think they secretly want to go home anyway. England players haven't wanted to play for England for some years now IMO. And lets face it, the public isn't exactly supportive when things go wrong :lol:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Skinty

What's the remedy?

Become interested in competitive curling.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

U.S.A vs Algeria, 4pm Kick Off.

:lol:

You'll miss the first half then. It's 3 pm UK time.

Both last group games now kick off at the same time (and have done since 1986), thanks to that W. Germany v Austria disgrace in 1982.

Personally, the only sport that has cost me sleep is cricket. I used to wake at 5 am ish when still at school to listen to the Australia v England test matches on t'wireless. No Sky TV, no internet (there was a time you know). I was also pacing the room like a wild thing during the rugby world cup final in 2003. It was played at about 8 am our time I think.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Both last group games now kick off at the same time (and have done since 1986), thanks to that W. Germany v Austria disgrace in 1982.

Personally, the only sport that has cost me sleep is cricket. I used to wake at 5 am ish when still at school to listen to the Australia v England test matches on t'wireless. No Sky TV, no internet (there was a time you know). I was also pacing the room like a wild thing during the rugby world cup final in 2003. It was played at about 8 am our time I think.

It stings. It stings.

HOLA4413

Turn your mind to England's fine defeat of Australia 21-20.

A game where men pull the shirt on with pride, and there are no petulant hairdressers on £200K per week.

Here, look forward to the Kiwi game......

Brad-Barritt-of-Saracens-006.jpg

HOLA4414

Turn your mind to England's fine defeat of Australia 21-20.

A game where men pull the shirt on with pride, and there are no petulant hairdressers on £200K per week.

Here, look forward to the Kiwi game......

Brad-Barritt-of-Saracens-006.jpg

Fancy a game of freckles?

HOLA4415

Whoops.

Though this might well turn out to be the best thing !!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

What's the remedy?

Gather the following materials:

1 ) a pencil;

2 ) a blank sheet of paper;

3 ) a rule or other straight edge.

Now do the following;

1 ) With the sheet flat on a table in front of you, using the pencil, draw a small dot approximately 1/3rd down the page and equidistant from either edge.

2 ) Using the rule and pencil, draw straight lines through this point to the edges of the paper, starting with a vertical line and progressing in a clockwise direction, marking lines every 10 degrees or so.

Now you are ready to do some proper drawing. Mark a vertical connecting any two of the radial lines. Moving along one of these lines toward the dot, draw another vertical connecting the same two radial lines. Now reinforce the radial lines that connect the ends of the verticals. You will see you have what appears to be a rectangle stretching away from you towards the dot. We call the dot the "vanishing point". You now have a sense of perspective.

HOLA4419

Gather the following materials:

1 ) a pencil;

2 ) a blank sheet of paper;

3 ) a rule or other straight edge.

Now do the following;

1 ) With the sheet flat on a table in front of you, using the pencil, draw a small dot approximately 1/3rd down the page and equidistant from either edge.

2 ) Using the rule and pencil, draw straight lines through this point to the edges of the paper, starting with a vertical line and progressing in a clockwise direction, marking lines every 10 degrees or so.

Now you are ready to do some proper drawing. Mark a vertical connecting any two of the radial lines. Moving along one of these lines toward the dot, draw another vertical connecting the same two radial lines. Now reinforce the radial lines that connect the ends of the verticals. You will see you have what appears to be a rectangle stretching away from you towards the dot. We call the dot the "vanishing point". You now have a sense of perspective.

I tried doing this, all I got was a silhouette that looked strangely like Emile Heskey and what looked like a big lump of shit next to it.

Strange.

HOLA4420

I tried doing this, all I got was a silhouette that looked strangely like Emile Heskey and what looked like a big lump of shit next to it.

Strange.

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder if I might perform a little test on you. Nothing to worry about. I wonder if you'd mind telling me waht you see in th eattached picture. I should add that there is no right or wrong answer.

Rorschach-Heskey.JPG

post-141-12772898333363_thumb.jpg

HOLA4421

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder if I might perform a little test on you. Nothing to worry about. I wonder if you'd mind telling me waht you see in th eattached picture. I should add that there is no right or wrong answer.

I see a child alone. Cold. Crying. Infinite pain. A dark cloud, impossibly deep, full of hate.

HOLA4422
Guest Skinty

I see a homosexual muslim immigrant on benefits running away after committing another crime against white middle class baby boomers who read the daily mail.

HOLA4423

I see a child alone. Cold. Crying. Infinite pain. A dark cloud, impossibly deep, full of hate.

I see a homosexual muslim immigrant on benefits running away after committing another crime against white middle class baby boomers who read the daily mail.

Right. You may recall I said there was no right or wong answer. However, I neglected to say there exists two exceptions ...

HOLA4424

Archived