House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Frank Sidebottom Creator Chris Sievey Dies Aged 54

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2010/jun/21/frank-sidebottom-creator-chris-sievey-dies

The creator of the man with the biggest head in showbusiness, Frank Sidebottom, has died.

Sidebottom was the bulbous-headed alter-ego of comedian and musician Chris Sievey, who eclipsed the fame of his creator. Sievey, 54, diedtoday after collapsing at his home in Hale, Greater Manchester, where he was recovering from surgery for a tumour on his chest.

Sidebottom, an aspiring pop star from neighbouring Timperley whose style was cramped by a lack of talent, an old-fashioned suit and the fact he lived at home with his mother, was intended as a one-off promotional gimmick for a band.

The character took on a life of his own and became a major star in the late 1980s and early 1990s through television, radio and live appearances.

Only last week he launched a World Cup anthem, Three Shirts on my Line.

I always quite liked Frank Sidebottom.

Just saw this on Yahoo. Never really sat down and watched his stuff but always thought it was mad, that character.

Part of my childhood memories

Until reading about this in the paper I thought Frank Sidebottom was by the Jilted John guy that did John Shuttleworth! Didn't realise it was a completely different bloke.

Oh well, I quite liked Frank Sidebottom back in the day.

Sidebottom was the bulbous-headed alter-ego of comedian and musician Chris Sievey

Have I wondered into a parallel universe? Who are (or were) these people?

Have I wondered into a parallel universe? Who are (or were) these people?

frank-sidebottom-pic-dr-406134816.jpg

The article makes out he was well known but unless you watched a particular kids TV show your exposure to him would have been limited to zero. He only appeared on the kids TV show on the odd occasion.