House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZeroSumGame

World Cup Latest : Capello 12 Million - F.a. Nil

The FA is banking on Capello walking away should England bomb out - but, with two years remaining on his £6 million-a-year contract, would have to stump up in the region of £12m to sack the former Real Madrid and Milan boss.

The FA renegotiated Capello's contract only in June, removing a break clause from the 64-year-old's four-year deal which would have allowed them to avoid paying a large compensation package should the Italian be sacked.

Now that's how to negotiate a contract ! Mwuhahaahahahahaha.

The FA is banking on Capello walking away should England bomb out - but, with two years remaining on his £6 million-a-year contract, would have to stump up in the region of £12m to sack the former Real Madrid and Milan boss.

The FA renegotiated Capello's contract only in June, removing a break clause from the 64-year-old's four-year deal which would have allowed them to avoid paying a large compensation package should the Italian be sacked.

why sack him? If they go out then they should all be made to stay and be a national laughing stock. Not just walk away and begin again. A new manager wont make any difference.

6 mill a year! that's an absolutely obscene paycheck. the world has gone mad.

why sack him? If they go out then they should all be made to stay and be a national laughing stock. Not just walk away and begin again. A new manager wont make any difference.

Totally Agree. But read in the round-ups that the FA are looking at Roy Hodgson as a possible replacement ?! Either they think Fab walks (free hahahaahah - not) or they push him.

Look at the disgraceful way they treated Steve McLaren. Didn't he then go on to bring FC Twente to top the Dutch league ?

6 mill a year! that's an absolutely obscene paycheck. the world has gone mad.

It is, especially as it can't really be argued that it is 'market rate' if you look at the pay of other international managers.

However, nobody would really care if he was doing a vaguely decent job. I wouldn't.

What is really difficult to swallow is that he is doing nothing new, nothing McLaren and Eriksson hadn't done. If his tactics are tired and predictable then what else is he bringing? He can't be inspiring the team - I am pretty smart and I can't understand a ******ing word he says when he is mic'd up and coming through crystal clear on my surround sound - how Rooney and Gerrard can understand him from the sidelines on a windy pitch I don't know.

Thus I conclude he is getting paid for just carrying on Eriksson's legacy - I could have done that!

A new manager wont make any difference.

Totally Agree. But read in the round-ups that the FA are looking at Roy Hodgson as a possible replacement ?! Either they think Fab walks (free hahahaahah - not) or they push him.

Look at the disgraceful way they treated Steve McLaren. Didn't he then go on to bring FC Twente to top the Dutch league ?

I totally disagree. I think there are a number of managers that simply would not allow the team to behave the way they did on Friday on the pitch. There are managers that would have had the guts to take Rooney off and bo!!ock him, there are managers that would at least sprinkle the team with skilful, new players, that would take risks, that wouldn't put their own reputation and arrogance above all else.

Cappello is brilliant with a brilliant team in the ascendancy - anything else he has proven himself to be incompetent at dealing with.

I know that isn't quite the point either of you were making and I agree it seems immoral for the FA to be so nonchalant when it comes to throwing money around.

There are managers that would have had the guts to take Rooney off and bo!!ock him, there are managers that would at least sprinkle the team with skilful, new players, that would take risks, that wouldn't put their own reputation and arrogance above all else.

You're right about taking Rooney off. What, 8 games without scoring? One of the old school England team was quoted on that. I believe he said 'Rooney not even interested'.

Personally, I just don't understand why the managers are afraid to take the non-performers off and replace them with someone else that really wants to pull the shirt on with pride.

Still, old Fabio has *really* got to come up with something here - even if it is his last England game.