House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sharpe

Gold And Unemployment

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/global-financial-crisis-dummies-why-abandonment-gold-standard-responsible-worlds-sovereign-d

This is a great article on gold and its huge influence on the economy.

Moderators might do well to read this before being so keen to move all gold topics. I would be suprised if this forum was self censoring topics.

Also a great chart on fiat reserves - is this helpful for those arguing gold is in a bubble?

The price of gold is the canary in the gold mine that the economy is in dire trouble - why censor discussion of this topic in a forum based around the economy?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/global-financial-crisis-dummies-why-abandonment-gold-standard-responsible-worlds-sovereign-d

Moderators might do well to read this before being so keen to move all gold topics. I would be suprised if this forum was self censoring topics.

Also a great chart on fiat reserves - is this helpful for those arguing gold is in a bubble?

The price of gold is the canary in the gold mine that the economy is in dire trouble - why censor discussion of this topic in a forum based around the economy?

Will the sheep protect themselves against being sheered, who knows?

Very interesting. Thank you for posting!

The article has filled in a little blank I had (which, if I had half a brain, I should've been able to fill in for myself) regarding how countries such as China have exported vastly more than they've imported in recent decades despite the simple economic axiom that exports must (in one form or another and in the long run) balance with imports.

I think I'll re-read Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson -- I'm obviously getting a bit rusty! :)

Thanks again!

how countries such as China have exported vastly more than they've imported in recent decades despite the simple economic axiom that exports must (in one form or another and in the long run) balance with imports.

There is an alternative scenario I am thinking of in which importing countries get to such a state of dependence that they cannot/never rebalance. Africa could be a good example.

I think I'll re-read Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson -- I'm obviously getting a bit rusty! :)

Yes, a good voice from when common sense and honesty prevailed.

Gold schmold. <_<

Oh come on now, it has it's uses.

I'm saving as much as I think I'll need.

So far can't quite aspire to one of these ( and I have ethical issues with the lapis, now the Sinai/Arabia sources are either worked out or inaccessible)

tut2.jpg

but I'd cheerfully model one of these, (which to be truthful would be slightly more representative)

DSC00771.jpg

There is an alternative scenario I am thinking of in which importing countries get to such a state of dependence that they cannot/never rebalance. Africa could be a good example.

Yes, a good voice from when common sense and honesty prevailed.

I agree the book is a classic

frank hovis hates gold and so doesnt want any of you to buy it as he thinks it will go down really really bad.

Why do I get the feeling I'm being stereotyped here :blink:

I think that's actually Realist Bear's stance.