House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyOne

Villages Between Cirencester And Stroud .....

We don't need to live in London anymore and are thinking about the Cotswolds and like the area between Cirencester and Stroud.

Does anyone have any views on the villages / small towns between Cirencester and Stroud? Is Minchinhampton as far up its own backside as it appears to be?

We don't need to live in London anymore and are thinking about the Cotswolds and like the area between Cirencester and Stroud.

Does anyone have any views on the villages / small towns between Cirencester and Stroud? Is Minchinhampton as far up its own backside as it appears to be?

:lol:

Yes.

But why would you care about that?

It's still lovely if you like dogs, golf or horses and stuff like that, and the people are generally nice.

Bit of a change from London though!

:lol:

Yes.

But why would you care about that?

It's still lovely if you like dogs, golf or horses and stuff like that, and the people are generally nice.

Bit of a change from London though!

We are very much of a horse, dogs, golf, tennis, rugby and cricket family. We are getting tired of driving all over the place to do the things that we enjoy.

Prices in the Cotswolds are now roughly globally competitive when measured in Dollars. Depending on what happens to-morrow, we might think about buying a place in the UK. Prices might still drop by 50% but I would rather see that happening on 1/3 of the money that a similar house would cost in London.

We have continually switched between and urban and a rural existence. I like both but marginally prefer a rural existence.

We are very much of a horse, dogs, golf, tennis, rugby and cricket family. We are getting tired of driving all over the place to do the things that we enjoy.

Prices in the Cotswolds are now roughly globally competitive when measured in Dollars. Depending on what happens to-morrow, we might think about buying a place in the UK. Prices might still drop by 50% but I would rather see that happening on 1/3 of the money that a similar house would cost in London.

We have continually switched between and urban and a rural existence. I like both but marginally prefer a rural existence.

You are not welcome around these parts. Clear off you city scummer.

Well if you've got the cash and you like horses/dogs, there are properties that back onto Minchinhampton common.

Lots of very nice pubs in the area, and royalty on your doorstep, it's Jilly Cooper country, a bit like stepping back in time.

It was home turf to me for years, so I like it, but not everyone would.....