House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441

ok

I dont agree with everything in the article such as the enforcement of a gold standard and any inkling of nationilism

but its worth a read

and at least we live in interesting times

no doubt people in the future will look back and think how mad we were to put our faith in governments and bankers paper money

link

fiat.jpg

After 1971, the US embarked on a protracted, large-scale expansion of credit. As the nation was de-industrialized and high-paying jobs in industry disappeared, a lack of disposable income for the population was replaced with easy and cheap credit, to conceal the stagnation in per capita income. Consumer credit drove imports from Asia and furthered de-industrialization even more. The great expansion of American credit was made possible because the gold standard, which restrained the expansion of credit by the banking system, had been abandoned. It is no coincidence that some analysts have observed that in real terms, American workers have had no real increase in their income since 1970.

All mainstream economists consider the elimination of the gold standard perfectly acceptable. They still do not see, or do not want to see, that the “Law of Unforeseen Consequences” is at work: the enormous advantage the US gained by being able to pay unlimited amounts in irredeemable dollars has become the fatal cause of the industrial destruction of the US – and of the West in general. A Mexican saying applies: en el pecado llevas la penitencia – “sin brings with it its own punishment”.

The current malaise: financial crisis, industrial crisis, crisis of unemployment

Today the situation is far worse. China, with a population of 1.3 billion, has become a formidable power. No one can compete with China in price. China sells vast quantities of goods to the rest of the world, without the rest of the world having any chance of selling similar quantities to China, and China can do so, because today trade deficits are “paid” not in gold, but in dollars or euros or pounds sterling or yen, which will never be scarce: they are created at will by the USA, the European Central Bank, the Bank of England, or the Bank of Japan.

A fearful monster has been created as a consequence of the elimination of the gold standard, which imposed a limit: “You can only sell to those who sell to you; you can only buy from those who buy from you.” This limit no longer applies; everything is disarray, inequality, imbalance; “structural imbalance” prevails because we no longer have the gold standard.

The credit expansion boom has ended, and in its place we have a global financial crisis. Today the problem of “structural imbalance” and the de-industrialization and unemployment it has produced in formerly industrialized countries acquires greater relevance with every passing day. What is to be done with the masses of jobless men and women? No one knows the answer, because the answer is not acceptable to the thinkers of today: the correction of “structural imbalances” and re-industrialization, in other words the creation of new jobs, lies in restoring the gold standard worldwide.

The “globalization” so highly praised by the financial press in recent years, has become the worst imaginable nightmare. [JS Kim's editorial note: Again, this is another instance in which bankers used one of their tools in their toolkit, the paid-off mass media, to disseminate their lies that globalization was good for all citizens of the world, when in reality, globalization as the bankers implemented it, harmed nearly everyone and benefited only them.] It is no longer possible to support the unemployed with government handouts. The Sovereign State is close to bankruptcy. Thus, nature takes its revenge on those who dared violate its laws by seeking to impose false money on the world.

Richard Nixon’s elimination of the gold standard has proven to be the US’s best possible strategic gift to China and the rest of Asia. Today, China has a colossal industrial base that might have taken centuries to build, while the US is to a great extent devoid of factories and incapable of reclaiming its former glory. How tragic a fate for the US!

HOLA442

If you can no longer believe in residential real estate,

and you can no longer believe in bank deposits,

and you can no longer believe in the dollar,

and you can no longer believe in the yen,

and you can no longer believe in the euro…

What can you believe in?

How about gold?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/don-coxe-dissects-gold-oldest-established-store-value-moves-center-stage

HOLA443

What can you believe in?

How about gold?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/don-coxe-dissects-gold-oldest-established-store-value-moves-center-stage

Correct! Gold and Silver are the new old money. But, there may well be a blip down if there's a crash before the steam will push up to new highs not yet imagined.

HOLA444

What can you believe in?

How about gold?

If the linked article is correct, then shareholders in UK-based manufacturers are about to make a killing? ;)

Edited by DeepLurker

HOLA445
HOLA446

What can you believe in?

How about gold?

Superstition isn't the answer to real world problems.

Sorry.

Gold standards suck not because they have gold in them but because they are forced standards.

We need a genuine free market, not a shiny new backing for forced money.

HOLA447

Sorry.

Gold standards suck not because they have gold in them but because they are forced standards.

yep i know

but at least it is a bit of a constraint on the size of governments and bankers

HOLA448

Sorry.

free markets don't work , you need some protectionism

HOLA449

free markets don't work , you need some protectionism

No, you don't.

People need to man up and understand that if they aren't worth it in the marketplace, they have to either improve or accept it.

If other human beings won't trade you what you have for what they have voluntarily, who's fault is it?

HOLA4410

yep i know

but at least it is a bit of a constraint on the size of governments and bankers

They just breeze right passed it. Gold standard limit governments the same way the safety on a revolver stops peopel getting shot. it's an extra task to perform before the shit starts, a slight delay only.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Would agree with this. The thing is though, that if such a free market existed loads of people would choose gold/silver as the medium of exchange.

5000yrs of history has a lot of weight.

HOLA4413

Would agree with this. The thing is though, that if such a free market existed loads of people would choose gold/silver as the medium of exchange.

They never have before, why would they start now?

5000yrs of history has a lot of weight.

History is not binding on the future, even if your initial contention was correct.

HOLA4414

This topic has been done to death!

The advantage of tying currency to any physical medium is that it acts as a brake to the amount of "money" that can be produced.

It doesn't really matter if it's gold or cowrie shells.

Unfortunately we have now tied it to any number that can be stored in a computer.

HOLA4415

They never have before, why would they start now?

History is not binding on the future, even if your initial contention was correct.

This is true but unfortunatley you seem to believe man to be a logical beast. Gold is encoded in to human DNA as a store of wealth, Maybe when we evolve into Vulcans everything you say about gold will be self evident, until that time I'm 100% invested in Au.

HOLA4416

This is true but unfortunatley you seem to believe man to be a logical beast.

I believe men can be logical and I also think that theres nowt wrong with saying hat is true.

Gold is encoded in to human DNA as a store of wealth,

1) you can't store wealth

2) no it isn't

Maybe when we evolve into Vulcans everything you say about gold will be self evident, until that time I'm 100% invested in Au.

And it'll work.

For you.

For everyone else to be forced to use gold or else?

Nightmare.

HOLA4417

The advantage of tying currency to any physical medium is that it acts as a brake to the amount of "money" that can be produced.

Unfortunately we have now tied it to any number that can be stored in a computer.

If tying money to a physical object acted as a break on the amount of money that can be created we woulnd't be where we are in the first place.

HOLA4418

Beautiful init !

HOLA4419

link

But while various routes to set up alternative currencies and expose — and eventually end — the Federal Reserve gather momentum, none of the options currently in existence would offer a viable substitute for the present system if and when it suddenly collapses. And that has one monetary expert very worried.

“We have to start looking seriously at what the practical remedy is going to be as this system comes down,” warned Edwin Vieira, a constitutional attorney and an expert in monetary theory who has litigated cases involving money issues. He compared the central bank’s effect on the economy to having square wheels on a car: “Sooner or later, you’re going to shake something loose and the car will fail. And that’s our situation, we’re driving this car with square wheels — the front end, the rear end and the transmission are about to fall out — and we’re in the middle of Death Valley. Literally!”

Vieira told The New American that “the whole present monetary system is unconstitutional,” but if the scam was exposed and the general population suddenly lost faith in its paper debt money, an economic collapse and chaos would quickly follow without a viable system ready to replace it. “This is frightening to me, because imagine one of these lawsuits [against the Fed] wins, and now it becomes absolutely clear to the general public that this operation is totally permeated, if not entirely based on fraud … the house will come down.”

nope free market takes over

HOLA4420

Beautiful init !

It's a fantastic idea.

Agreed upon electronic accounting as a tool to enable trade is genius.

Shame the current set up is riddled with fraud and forced on the unwilling. Change that though and it would rock. :)

HOLA4421

I believe men can be logical and I also think that theres nowt wrong with saying hat is true.

1) you can't store wealth

2) no it isn't

And it'll work.

For you.

For everyone else to be forced to use gold or else?

Nightmare.

I do agree with most that you say I just think that it is still cheap enough for any man to get into at the moment and make some money. Buying gold is a big 2 fingered salute to the fiat money system. I can see where your coming from, that you think there isn't enough supply for 6 billion people

HOLA4422

I do agree with most that you say I just think that it is still cheap enough for any man to get into at the moment and make some money. Buying gold is a big 2 fingered salute to the fiat money system. I can see where your coming from, that you think there isn't enough supply for 6 billion people

You aren't going to "make" anything though, are ya?

It's going to be wealth transfer time, from the igorant of events to yourself. Win/win trading it ain't.

HOLA4423

If people would like to educate themselves on how to manipulate the animal emotions of man you could do no worse then read these free pdf books. The first is by Sigmund Freuds nephew and its called Propaganda http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2006/10/119695.pdf . The second is the Crowd by Gustave Le Bon http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/oldecon/ugcm/3ll3/lebon/Crowds.pdf . Although the art of propaganda and spin are far in advance of these books today, these two books should give a basic understanding of how man can be manipulated.

HOLA4424

You aren't going to "make" anything though, are ya?

It's going to be wealth transfer time, from the igorant of events to yourself. Win/win trading it ain't.

To be fair thats not my problem I have told everybody I know at every opportunity, all information is there at all time for all to see if they want to wake up. If people want to remain children and asleep thats there choice and it is a choice. I can't force people to change

HOLA4425

To be fair thats not my problem I have told everybody I know at every opportunity, all information is there at all time for all to see if they want to wake up. If people want to remain children and asleep thats there choice and it is a choice. I can't force people to change

They won't change, so that makes it okay to exploit their ignorance?