House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rain'ard

Dumb Down

My wife received a letter today from the Department for Work and Pensions inviting her to be part of a sample group in some research they were intending to do.

After a brief explanation the letter ended with:

If you don’t hear from us it is because we will have already found enough people to take part before we got round to contacting you. In which case may I thank you for your attention and wish you all the best for the future

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Yours Sincerely

Unquote

From an official I thought this was a very poorly written conclusion to a letter.

In place of “Thank you very much in advance for your help.” He could have put “Cheers”

When dealing with officialdom and red tape there are certain rules to remember.

1. They will treat you as an idiot.

2. They must use loads of words when one will do

3. They must maintain an air of superiority, as if it is a priveledge top recieve their mail.

4. They are correct even when they are wrong.

Is it any wonder that beaurocracy is strangling the country?

If you don’t hear from us it is because we will have already found enough people to take part before we got round to contacting you.  In which case may I thank you for your attention and wish you all the best for the future

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Yours Sincerely

"If you don't hear from us it is because we are too ignorant to give you the courtesy of a follow up letter to explain that we no longer require your services."

"If you don't hear from us it is because your postman has stuffed our letter in his bin because he found it at the bottom of his bag once he got home and couldn't be bothered delivering it the next day. In this situation, we will relentlessly pursue you, completely in denial that letters ever go missing from our world class postal system."